GreaseSpot Cafe

My old Way Bible

ex70sHouston

. . . I guess I was arrogant in my own way wanting to learn it myself. . . .

Ha! I get so irritated with students who don't want to be this "arrogant", but that's another topic . . .

I still don't understand what the harm would be in me doing the studying myself to see how the person got to what they got too.

I thought that too. "stop trying to reinvent the wheel" they said, "dr w has done the work for us! Now we can walk with confidence!" :blink:

I think I "harassed" 3 or 4 cabinet/region coordinators on their so-called "longsuits" in research before I figured out nobody knows any more than I do, which isn't saying much. :biglaugh:

so many notes, so little info . . . :biglaugh:

Ha! I get so irritated with students who don't want to be this "arrogant", but that's another topic . . .

I thought that too. "stop trying to reinvent the wheel" they said, "dr w has done the work for us! Now we can walk with confidence!" :blink:

I think I "harassed" 3 or 4 cabinet/region coordinators on their so-called "longsuits" in research before I figured out nobody knows any more than I do, which isn't saying much. :biglaugh:

so many notes, so little info . . . :biglaugh:

Thanks I was beginning to think I was the only one who got these lectures LOL... They told me that line too about stop trying to reinvent the wheel. I am guessing it was told to Corp people who wanted to try to research the bible.

I was in from 79 to 83.

And was told repeatedly that I should just do the PFAL Sylibii and not try to do my own word studies in the bible. IT was an argument revisited often with various leaders. HEhehe

And was told repeatedly that I should just do the PFAL Sylibii and not try to do my own word studies in the bible. IT was an argument revisited often with various leaders. HEhehe

It's amazing how good they were at supressing the masses.  I was fed the same thing while in residence, if I didn't know any better I would think it was some kind of conspiracy they were all in on.... :confused:

I started identifying who said what when I had one section with so and so saying one thing, then someone else said something else, and so on. . .

Wish I hadn't written so much without thinking. But handling an old Bible, and it carries all the time I spent seeking His face in there, is still a treasure.

I still enjoy writing in my Bible because it's a record of some of the neat things the Lord and His servants have taught me from time to time.

Thank you Excathedra. You are a treasure (to us here at Greasespot Cafe, too).

Because of your thread I have become more concerned about applying Acts 17:11 to the Bible notes. I did not use ball point pen because that smeared after a while -- I used india ink and fine point calligraphy pen -- and the notes are as legible today as they were when I wrote them. But now there is a wite-out pen to use! Sometimes it only takes witing out the "vpw" (because he didn't author it). I hope to leave a Bible I am ashamed of when I face the Lord.

Thanks again,

My apology to the put-in-there-pfal-syllabus people. They may have gotten the idea from me. I would transcribe the syllabus into my Bible as a way of learning the pfal class. I am so sorry now. The Holy Spirit usages are easy to wite-out but some of that other stuff will take some real work to make it ok.

• 2 months later...

Ten years after leaving I burned it.

Got a new one and six years later tore it up in my therapist office

when I asked for it back again (she held my unsafe items so not to cause injury to myself!!!!

Who would of

thought......................(a bible!)

Yep. It did. Pretty much damn near killed me.

I have five bibles now unmarked dusty ... and sitting on the piano I never play either.

At least that choice is yours, not someone elses.

Oh I like them .but.. if I get too much into them it makes me nuts ,and then again

with the piano it is great but...I wrote music that was based on(twi bible teachings)

Kinda still "gives me the creeps "I was in so deep!

threw mine kjv out 6 month ago . it became a WAY bible remember its not faith its (beliving) PFAL ready reference & usage of the words PNEUMA & PNEUMA HAGION , only 3 acts of creation , 4 crucified , and all the DTA notes and lets not forget HOLY SPIRT. all good info but the WAY bible for me became a tool to hurt others after looking thru mine i never found anything i highlighted about love thy neighbor . bought a new NIV and love it !!!!!

I still have mine and I use it quite often. I also have many other versions and if that fails I go on line to see them all. My 'Way' Bible is pretty marked up with many colored ink but mostly I only wrote in actual word definitions or references to other scriptures that related.

The pneuma hagion crud was written in only because it was a requirement to get into the Corps...and yes they checked. Other stuff was put in because it was required as well and for some idiotic reason I actually wrote in the entire 'literal according to misusage' of I Thessalonians in the back. At the time I thought it sounded so cool the way they worded everything...wow I was pretty easily impressed back then.

Most of it I cannot even read now without a magnifying glass so it really doesn't bother me.

I am making progress on correcting the stuff in my marked-up Bibles. It's neat to see how Holy Spirit helps me out here.

Also I recently read that Ruth Graham used a Rapidograph pen with india ink as I did, for the same reason, that it was fine-line and didn't smear or blur on the india paper of the Bible -- So writing one's notes between God and you in the margin of the Bible is not necessarily wicked but a legitimate study aid -- the wickednes comes from the heart, and thank Goodness God so kindly looks on the heart.

Edited by Kit Sober