GreaseSpot Cafe

Tourism Video

mstar1

:)

Stilll the theme song played after every Red Sox home win.

I do love that dirty water.

Hope I didn't offend anyone from Cleveland, I suppose it could made about any city, It struck me as funny this am

Let's face it, when your from a place with a river that has a history of catching fire because of all the pollution, it's hard to be offended by this stuff.

http://www.clevelandmemory.org/SpecColl/croe/accfire.html

"The Cuyahoga will live in infamy as the only river that was ever declared a fire hazard."

- Congressman Louis Stokes

:)

Edited by waysider

I think I went Lightbearers in Cleveland. Nobody told me about this wonderful river of fire. Musta missed a treat.

What's wrong with Detroit anyway?

It is STILL a source of constant amusement to me that a river could actually catch fire. Years hence, and I still laugh myself to tears at the thought of it.

And, yes, I DO have a rather twisted sense of humor, TYVM.

"What's wrong with Detroit anyway?" You really aren't from around here, are you?

And, yes, I DO have a rather twisted sense of humor, TYVM.

I thought your sense of humor was rather tame George. Not to be consumed by many perhaps but well in the sane end of the spectrum.....*snort*

Anyway y'all enjoy this picture I found of George when he was a tourist guide in Cleveland..

post-1686-1242509948.jpg

Edited by RumRunner

I think that's hilarious!

It is really sad in a way.

I haven't been there except to go to the Home & Garden Show, which is in February (I think( and was very nice.

Are there any really cool cities in Ohio? I haven't been to Cincinnati either. Columbus is desperately trying to become a tourist destination if you would love a tour pointing out all the exciting gang insignia sprayed all over, and the house in Whitehall that Extreme Makeovers built for a gentleman who struggles to pay his suddenly elevated property tax.

WG

(OH AND DON'T SAY NEW KNOXVILLE, PLEASE DON'T SAY NEW KNOXVILLE!

I have been to Cleveland twice in my life. Both time were bussiness trips.

My favorite memories.

Getting lost between the airport and the airport Holliday Inn. I have no idea why they call it the airport one.

Freezing to death in my room in august. A/c had been turned down to the point it was 60 deg.

Trying to find a place where I could get to the lake.

Getting directions. Go right down this strret about 5000 ft and turn right. Oh about a mile. No not that far.

I took my wife a t shirt that said I Love Cleveland.

second time I took my boss to finalize the deal. He was a Canadian and was not impressed.

Never had the want to go back.