GreaseSpot Cafe

CP 1,2,3,4,5

Imagine

what are they

acquire an in-depth spiritual perception and awareness ? is that one ? what -- like watch the discover channel ?

um go forth as leaders to areas of concern, interest and need. i guess there are needs everywhere, but maybe not interesting places everywhere ? i'm certainly not concerned about being a leader

i'm trying to think of the other ones

something about teaching ? i'm not a teacher

was there something about "the" ministry ? blah

well, i did my "best"

so i guess i'm not living by them

---

oh! i just found this on greasespot

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/waydal...principles.html

CP1 Develop, acquire, and enhance your in-depth spiritual perception to a thorough awareness of God's Word as it applies to various life situations.

"Some people graduate and think they've acquired it and stop growing. A driving passion to develop their spiritual perception in new areas of life. Life is pretty complicated. No matter how long I live, there's a category of life I haven't learned to apply the Word as deeply as I should."

CP2 Receive and exercise training in the whole Word doctrinally and practically so as to be able to teach others.

CP3 Utilize physical discipline making your physical body the vehicle of communication of the Word as vital [vigorous] as possible.

"This includes Way Styles, hair styles, taking care of your teeth. Not just fitness training, but every aspect of your physical presentation."

CP4 Believe faithfully to live abundantly on a genuine need basis and to bring physical and material abundance to God's Household of The Way Ministry at all levels.

"... not to get rich, and to get deals out of everybody, or be a damn welfare case. It's believing for the ABS to come to The Way International; but also believing that God's people prosper at every level in their personal life."

CP5 Go forth as overseers and laborers in areas of earnest desire, need, and humility in the household first and then the world to bring discipleship and thus the prevailing Word into energized reality.

"We don't assign Way Corps where there's no earnest desire."

i'm not sure my hair style is a way style lol

and not to get rich.... yeah hey i'm doing that one !!!!

CP3. in hindsight it says it all. i mean, who wants a dirty mouth to move the way's "word"? and any innuendo that can be read into this may be read into this as far as i'm concerned. nasty mother's sons!

and that was a knee jerk reaction but i'll be damned if i make any apologies for it or be ashamed of it because the apologies and the shame don't belong on my shoulders but on the way international's shoulders!

You mean stuff like this?

CP4 (also a FLO principle)--- "Believe faithfully to live abundantly on a genuine need basis and to bring physical and material abundance to God's Household of The Way Ministry at all levels."

Let me rephrase this one.

"Try to change things in the physical world with mystical, magical, wishful thinking (otherwise known as "the law of believing") and accept poverty and sickness as the result. And, to do whatever I can to make a bloodsucking bunch of hypocrites at the top of the TWI food chain wealthy and powerful at the expense of the rank and file."

Uhhmmmmm---I think I'll pass.

I don't see any point in trying to live up to "corps" principles. I don't give a rat's patootie about twi's material abundance and I'm not interested in being my brother's keeper.

If you want to live the 5 principles I think that's fine. It's your life.

The problem I have with that is I think they contribute to a regimented, legalistic lifestyle that is incongruous with the life Christ came to give us. Jesus Christ's life, suffering, death and resurrection freed us from the curse of the law, and I think most individuals who call themselves Christian have been trying to get back under the law ever since, or at least put others under the law.

Self-discipline is a wonderful thing, if it's voluntary. Involuntary self-discipline to regiment oneself to an artificial standard of impossibly perfected legalism is neither loving nor logical in a love walk. IMO.

WG

Corps Principals - I have a perspective:

CP1 - This is just a basic spiritual goal that every Christian has and grows to fulfill in their walk with Christ. Nothing magical, or leadership restrictive. Of course the changes from the first ones show the overall legalism that has crept in to all of these.

CP2 - This one basically is rhetoric, means nothing. TWI does absolutely no comprehensive book by book study of the Bible. For that, go look for a Calvary Chapel church. The training that is received, rather than being based upon "the whole Word", is rather based upon narrowly defined focus determined by BOD and usually restricted to currently written publications like collaterals, classes, etc. Whole topics in the Word, like debt, are ignored and people are focused on "present truth" of what BOD wants to look at. It's one huge lie, but hey if you can't base a ministry on truth, then redefine a lie to be truth works for them. If someone questions it, you can always put them on probation.

CP3 - This is a decent overall fitness goal, like those that most people on the planet have. The legaslistic updates have included nutrition, grooming, etc. Basic personal physical goals. Nothing earth-shattering or again restrictive to leadership. The legalists can do wonders with this one, reteach you how to breathe, read labels on cans, etc.

CP4 - This one is the most hilarious. Old interp - believe to prosper financially yourself + support the church. New interp - well, since that one is a pipe dream with BOD's edict against mortgages, 2nd job distributorships and most financial tools of raising capital all other businesses employ, now let's make it mean "being happy living very close to poverty". Oh, and you don't need to worry about HQ - they can cut expenses and live off the $25M they have in the bank regardless. Just make sure of the springs in your bobblehead so you don't get cut.

CP5 - the legalists have prevailed. "Leaders and workers" isn't good enough - we need "overseers and laborers". This is a Freudian slip on the part of the BOD. They really don't want "leadership", especially "strategic leadership". "Overseers" promotes the correct "lording over" type of attitude they function in. As "laborers" promotes the appropriate attitude you are to have towards them. Especially "day laborers", who are too stupid to ask questions or provide feedback, just do what they are told. Do what you are told, and get us the reports. Teach what we tell you to, hook up to the STS and don't fall asleep, and keep that $$$ flowing in. Where is the "earnest desire and humility"? Where the BOD tells you it is. Who cares if common sense dictates otherwise? We meet once a year to sit down and determine what will be best for your life. Does the job market for volunteers, medical considerations, education, money, or anything else to help the person ever enter in to thinking? Why of course not. They determine the "spiritual goals" i.e. where a person benefits the organization most, and "God will bless them in the other areas". God takes up the slack where the BOD are slackers, apparantly. That must be a new Bible verse.

"We don't assign Way Corps where there's no earnest desire."

Actually, with the abysmally poor strategic leadership of the organization at the BOD level, driving everything towards fear, mediocrity, dullness, the exact opposite is true - they assign Way Corps virtually everywhere there is little to no earnest desire. Because that's the whole ministry. Tradition built on plagiarism and corruption, heavy-handed rule, legalism, bribery and politics. The blind beating the blind. Physicians of no value. Blind guides. Those who care primarily how they look, not who they help. Pharisees of Pharisees, whom God will call to account at Christ's return.

CP3

Physical training making your body the vehicle of God's Word as vital as possible.

My interpretation:

I try to eat healthy. I faithfully exercise. I want my body to be full of vitality so I can serve God as best as I can.

Any problems so far?

CP 1

Acquire an in-depth spiritual perception and awareness.

My understanding:

Try to be God's eyes and see people's needs and serve them as God shows you the need. Be aware when there are hurting people around you and take care of their hearts.

Any problems with this lifestyle?

CP 2

Receive training in the whole word so as to be able to teach others also.

My thoughts:

The Whole Bible should be believed, not just chose the part I want to adhere to. The purpose of my study is not to be selfish but to be for the reason that it would help me share with others scripture that may help them at certain times in their life.

CP 2

My thoughts:

The Whole Bible should be believed, not just chose the part I want to adhere to. The purpose of my study is not to be selfish but to be for the reason that it would help me share with others scripture that may help them at certain times in their life.

CP 4

Practice believing to bring abundance to yourself and the ministry.

Right thinking, George. How perspective you are.

My take on this one.

I want to trust God and believe that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. When God gives me a gift which could be an ability or money or possessions, I want to have the attitude to share them with others. I will seek out ministries that are doing good, doing justice and share my resources with them.

CP 5 Last One

Go forth in areas of concern, interest and need.

I must be willing to not just live for myself, but go forth as God directs. God will direct me to areas when He is already working and ask me to join him. God will show me who He wants me to be concerned about and where the need is. I will have a choice then to obey or walk away.

Any comments?

1. Acquire an in-depth spiritual perception and awareness.

What the hell does that even mean? I mean, really.

Does it mean trying to live according to the load of garbage that was passed off in the Advanced Class about revelation and devil spirits as if it was really true?

2. Receive training in the whole Word so as to be able to teach others.

The Way was never interested in "The Whole Word". The focal point was always locked on emphasizing those areas that agreed with VPW's twisted private interpretation. It's right there in PLAF (The Wonder Class). Wierwille makes his pitch for dispensationalism. That's what gave him the loophole he needed to live the perverted lifestyle he enjoyed and claimed it (the administration delineation) was proof of his high level of spiritual understanding. It was nothing but plain, old fashioned rationalization.

3. Physical training making your physical body, the vehicle of communication of

the Word, as vital as possible.

Nothing wrong with pursuing physical fitness---unless, of course, the purpose of doing such is to "make yourself a vehicle" to hawk PFAL. (ie: VPW's idea of "The Word".)

4. Practice believing to bring material abundance to you and the Ministry.

Practice "believing"????? Is it just me or does anyone else see a problem with trying to practice something (the law of believing) that is neither Godly nor Biblical? There is no shortage of discussion on GSC regarding the pop psycho babble that Wierwille declared to be the fulcrum upon which the existence of Man teeters. And why should we do it? Why, to bring "abundance" (a misguided, misinterpretation of John 10:10) to yourself and "The Ministry", of course.

5. Go forth as leaders and workers in areas of concern, interest and need.

But before you do that, make damned sure those "areas of concern, interest and need" agree with Way doctrine and ultimately serve to generate a steady flow of income through the promotion of classes, programs, books, ABS, etc. If they don't, (fit that criteria) be ready to "shake the dust off your feet".

Edited by waysider

The so called "corps principles" were nothing more than a cloaked recipe for walking in lockstep to twi's programs and getting them money.

Spiritual perception and awareness?...What the flock does that mean? I can understand wanting to live a life that is based upon personal integrity, caring for others and being a good friend...but twi slogans leave me cold.

CP3

Physical training making your body the vehicle of God's Word as vital as possible.

My interpretation:

I try to eat healthy. I faithfully exercise. I want my body to be full of vitality so I can serve God as best as I can.

Any problems so far?

CP 1

Acquire an in-depth spiritual perception and awareness.

My understanding:

Try to be God's eyes and see people's needs and serve them as God shows you the need. Be aware when there are hurting people around you and take care of their hearts.

Any problems with this lifestyle?

CP 2

My thoughts:

CP 2

My thoughts:

CP 4

Practice believing to bring abundance to yourself and the ministry.

Right thinking, George. How perspective you are.

My take on this one.

I want to trust God and believe that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. When God gives me a gift which could be an ability or money or possessions, I want to have the attitude to share them with others. I will seek out ministries that are doing good, doing justice and share my resources with them.

CP 5 Last One

Go forth in areas of concern, interest and need.

I must be willing to not just live for myself, but go forth as God directs. God will direct me to areas when He is already working and ask me to join him. God will show me who He wants me to be concerned about and where the need is. I will have a choice then to obey or walk away.

Any comments?

I think that perhaps if you had given your take on these in your first post, the discussion might have taken a different course. With one or two exceptions, I think it's fair to surmise that no one here follows TWI dicta (like the Corps Principles) literally. I doubt, though, that many would take exception with your personal adaptations.

George

once you've reinterpreted the "corps principles" so that they're practical for real life, they're no longer the "corps principles". your "interpretation" is your personal statement of beliefs. why not just skip the middle man and let go of twi's constructs? it's not necessary to have 5 principles to live by, but you can if that's what works for you. life isn't one size fits all.

CP3

the "as possible" is rather.. for lack of better words, "scary"..

the "new" corps reserves the possibility of employing "extreme" training.

what the hell does that mean?

some (apparently) kool shorty huffing low-life who can't trust anyone who isn't holding a rake.. in his own words..

I dunno. To jump at this kind of arrogant bastard's command.. is in the best of words.. "too much".

I won't link to the site, they aren't even worth that kind of effort..

may you rot..

Words fail me to express contempt for this mindless, or even wilful ignorance..

:biglaugh:

Hey.. I can live with myself here..

and you who side with this moronic nonsense portrayed in God's name.. you think I bypassed a few "steps" in confrontation and such?

Right.. I'd be "confronting" the "amen" corner..

the mutual admiration society..sorry, I don't have that kind of time..

like me sweetie says.. "Petunias to ya.."

The difference between you, and me, sucker.. I have the samephysical ability or even humbleness if you call it that, to work a rake..

but I've got a stiniking brain to boot..

Mindless S.O.B...

well, I've said enough..

The thing that really bothers me here..

you are willing to let your own daughter be some kind of "consort" in all this nonsense..

she's infinitely more intelligent than the little itty bitty mog wanabe..

may you rot..

sorry, these are the most "positive" words I have for you at the moment..