GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

Mary Poppins

"revenge is a dish that is best served cold"

The Wrath of Kahn?

If correct then, "Gracie; we win!"

I've never played this cult game so you might need to explain it to me right or wrong. TNX

Yes, you are a winner!!!!  Ding, ding ding!!!!  

Annnd what've you won?  A chance to list a memorable one liner from a flick of your choice!!!    :eusa_clap:    You are the lucky winner of this most prestigious prize!

Easy, peasy...just pick a one liner others would know from any movie ever made.

You're up RR!

p.s.  (Isn't your old signatory the next line in Wrath of Kahn after the quote, originating in Moby Dick?)

Heh - OK the line is "Gracie; we win!" And yes the signature line is from Melville's Moby Dick.

Yes, you are a winner!!!! Ding, ding ding!!!!

Annnd what've you won? A chance to list a memorable one liner from a flick of your choice!!! :eusa_clap: You are the lucky winner of this most prestigious prize!

Easy, peasy...just pick a one liner others would know from any movie ever made.

You're up RR!

p.s. (Isn't your old signatory the next line in Wrath of Kahn after the quote, originating in Moby Dick?)

Edited by RumRunner

The signature line from the Burns and Allen show was "Say Goodnight, Gracie" (Her response was, of course, "Goodnight, Gracie.")

I assume that "Gracie, we win" would immediately ring a bell with me had I seen the movie; it would appear that I haven't.

Incidentally, RR, this "cult game" has only been going on for less than a week! As I pointed out in the opening post, the idea here is to make it easy. (Just because I don't know the answer, though, doesn't mean that most people won't.)

George

The signature line from the Burns and Allen show was "Say Goodnight, Gracie" (Her response was, of course, "Goodnight, Gracie.")

I assume that "Gracie, we win" would immediately ring a bell with me had I seen the movie; it would appear that I haven't.

Incidentally, RR, this "cult game" has only been going on for less than a week! As I pointed out in the opening post, the idea here is to make it easy. (Just because I don't know the answer, though, doesn't mean that most people won't.)

George

Thanks George - I appreciate the fill on on keeping it easy. I didn't mean it to be difficult in this case but I'll bear that in mind for future entries

When in doubt, always look to the first post- or the first page of posts-

for the rules of a thread.

In the vein of "Songs remembered from just one line" I thought I'd add one for films. The idea here is that a line from a film is so memorable that it immediately identifies the film. (In lieu of a single line, a short exchange between characters is acceptable.) The movie itself, of course,should be fairly well-known. For example, if I give the line: "Be good, be gone, or be dead." anyone who has seen "Traxx" would immediately recognize it. Unfortunately, very few people have seen "Traxx," so it wouldn't be a fair clue for this game. The burden here is on the clue-giver. You are not trying to be tricky, but to be as obvious as possible. Note that some movies may have a LOT of usable one-liners. As usual, first to name the flick gets to post the next line.

(snip)

George

Me, I think we should give RumRunner another chance, but if anyone feels otherwise, fine.

Let's just keep this thread moving, shall we?

When in doubt, always look to the first post- or the first page of posts-

for the rules of a thread.

Me, I think we should give RumRunner another chance, but if anyone feels otherwise, fine.

Let's just keep this thread moving, shall we?

Thanks WordWolf. I think I'll just take a pass. I just answered that first one as kind of a drive by shooting at what was indeed obvious but I doubt this is a game i would frequent as I don't watch TV and hence have a very limited ability to recognize a flick from a line as it were.

In any case the line I proposed was the last line shouted by "Harry Stamper" (Bruce Willis) as he detonated the nuke that saved the earth from the asteroid in Armageddon. A really cheesy movie but heck it was all I could think of at the time.

Well, I did see "Armageddon," but it obviously didn't make that big an impression. :)

RR, feel free to join in any time. I'm sure you've seen (or know of) movies with memorable lines!

For instance:

"Say 'Hello' to my little friend!"

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

was RR correct? because I think I have a new one.

RR was correct, so we're waiting for RR to post one.

RR, on the other hand, was waiting for confirmation he posted the correct answer.

Which he did.

So, I'm hoping RR posts soon.

Can I play along too or is this a "Gentleman's Game"?

Maddy's post was the one RR guessed. QED, women are as welcome in this game as in all the others.

In other words, mind the rules, and by all means, join in.

(Always check the first post and first page for any rules.)

In the vein of "Songs remembered from just one line" I thought I'd add one for films. The idea here is that a line from a film is so memorable that it immediately identifies the film. (In lieu of a single line, a short exchange between characters is acceptable.) The movie itself, of course,should be fairly well-known. For example, if I give the line: "Be good, be gone, or be dead." anyone who has seen "Traxx" would immediately recognize it. Unfortunately, very few people have seen "Traxx," so it wouldn't be a fair clue for this game.

The burden here is on the clue-giver. You are not trying to be tricky, but to be as obvious as possible. Note that some movies may have a LOT of usable one-liners. As usual, first to name the flick gets to post the next line.

George

Edited by WordWolf

I have an idea what movie this is, but only because I googled "Hal Moore," soo I'm disqualifying myself, at least for the time being. The movie I think it is, though one I haven't seen,was a reasonable box-office hit a few years ago, so one of you might have seen it.

George

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes