GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

In the vein of "Songs remembered from just one line" I thought I'd add one for films.

The idea here is that a line from a film is so memorable that it immediately identifies the film. (In lieu of a single line, a short exchange between characters is acceptable.)

The movie itself, of course,should be fairly well-known.

For example, if I give the line: "Be good, be gone, or be dead." anyone who has seen "Traxx" would immediately recognize it. Unfortunately, very few people have seen "Traxx," so it wouldn't be a fair clue for this game. The burden here is on the clue-giver. You are not trying to be tricky, but to be as obvious as possible. Note that some movies may have a LOT of usable one-liners. As usual, first to name the flick gets to post the next line.

George

"My life didn't turn out the way I expected it."

Since this quote has no responses, I'm suspicious the quote and movie are not that well-known.

If no one can get this one, can we move on?

Yep. The first exchange was between Keaton and Gedde Watanabe, after slogging through a river when GW "freaked out." The latter line was Keaton telling the big Japnese bosses that the cars his team (American and Japanese) were the best. Of course, the car wasn't finished and fell apart about ten feet away. My favorite line, though it would be too commonplace to be a giveaway for this film, was the BIG Japanese boss, who never cracks so much as a smile, telling Keaton, "I like you. You make me laugh." :)

George

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes