GreaseSpot Cafe

Favorite Movie Lines

JeffSjo

My uncle recently sent me this in an Email. And while it has some good lines it seems to me that it left out some of my favorites.

The line that my uncle added was,"TOGA!"

I think this line came from "The Greatest Story Ever Told." After the Lord's crucifiction Earnest Borgnine(sp?) was the centurion who said this as I recall. It came from one of those movies anyway....?

"TRULY THIS MAN WAS THE SON OF GOD!"

And from one of the "Star Trek" movies after captain Kirk totally kicked the big bad alien's butt that had beat up Picard, Picard saved Kirk's life because the alien still got the drop on Kirk after their fight. Picard shot the alien and when Kirk looked at him seeemingly questioning why Picard had doubled back Picard said,"CAPTAIN'S PEROGATIVE."

And from the movie "Commando" Schwartsenegger's(sp?) character had dropped one of the bad guys over a cliff to his death after questioning him. And when the stereotypical pretty girl with a heart of gold later asked him what he did with the bad guy he responded in his Austrian accent,"I LET HIM GO."

One of my favorite Jack Nicholson scenes:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCOxcDcZ69o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCOxcDcZ69o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCOxcDcZ69o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think this line came from "The Greatest Story Ever Told." After the Lord's crucifiction Earnest Borgnine(sp?) was the centurion who said this as I recall. It came from one of those movies anyway....?

"TRULY THIS MAN WAS THE SON OF GOD!"

That was John Wayne (credits). Still a great line. I remember watching the movie with a bunch of believers and we all looked at each other with open mouths as we realized it was John Wayne.

When you mentioned TOGA, I thought of John Belushi and Animal House. Another favorite Animal House quote is "It's not over until we say it's over".

Most of my favorite movie lines are too profane for a family forum. Sufficient to say, they are from movies like Blue Velvet, Full Metal Jacket and Apocalypse Now.

You could be right Jim. I have a recollection, but it fuzzy enough that I already know to not be certain.

This is how I recall it, and let me say that I would happy to see or post a clip but I am completely unqualified to try to post one.

When I first heard about the centurion's line I was told it was John Wayne.

Then when I saw a movie that had the centurion in it I remember thinking,"Hey, that was Borgnine and not Wayne!"

Maybe I saw a different movie!?

Maybe I am wrong about how I remember reacting.

Either way, I am still thrilled by such an awesome line being done in the movie!!!