GreaseSpot Cafe

Post Upgrade Issues

GT

When a PM is received (now, a Conversation) it's possible to add a reply, or do a Fast reply. But where is the text that you are replying to? Very hard to answer a point if you can't see it !

And why does this thing always say that I am on Shoutbox, a feature that I never have used and don't intend to?

(If I could delete Shoutbox completely (not just click the + ) I would do!)

• 2 months later...

I finally got off my duff and put in a slew of bug fix upgrades. Hopefully it took care of most of the problems.

If not, let me know.....

BTW: There's a chat room now. :drink:

Okay, now with the Reputation buttons...I don't use these a lot but did see something that I'd mark as a + today. However, I got a message that I'd used my quota of + for the day. As it was the only time I've tried to do this today - do I have a nil quota?

Similar thing happened last week.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

This problem just popped up for me today. For some reason, when I open a reply box, the "toolbars" appear in the middle of the box, instead of above it. I haven't found an easy way to "drag" the toolbar to thetop. What happened?

George

That usually only happens to people wearing green rings

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I used IE7 to post tonight and found George's toolbar problem.

Anyone else? My experience with the site using IE7 can be summed up in one word: Sucks!

As you may imply, I rarely use IE anything .... or Microsoft anything anymore ... for obviously good reasons....

Ah....why use IE when there are so many other better browsers out there?

• Upvote 1

This problem just popped up for me today. For some reason, when I open a reply box, the "toolbars" appear in the middle of the box, instead of above it. I haven't found an easy way to "drag" the toolbar to thetop. What happened?

George

I'm having the same issue. How do I fix it?

Edited by penworks

What's weird is that if you type all the way down to where the toolbar appears, you can keep typing under the toolbar! :blink:

One "workaround" is to hit the return key often enough that the scroll bar on the right is activated. Then you can scroll down every time you reach the top of the toolbar.

Or switch to Mozilla. <_<

George