GreaseSpot Cafe

Post Upgrade Issues

GT

I did both of those and still have not got the icons to appear.

Is it possible that they show up on OTHER PEOPLE's pages but not my own. A post or 2 up, George says he sees them!

I will live until it gets figured out. There are probably more important things to fiddle with, so I can wait until it gets figured out.

I did both of those and still have not got the icons to appear.

Is it possible that they show up on OTHER PEOPLE's pages but not my own. A post or 2 up, George says he sees them!

I will live until it gets figured out. There are probably more important things to fiddle with, so I can wait until it gets figured out.

Buttons are there:

post-2-124603399505_thumb.png

Not seeing them?

• Upvote 1

Buttons are there:

post-2-124603399505_thumb.png

Not seeing them?

nope - - not on my own posts or my own profile.....but I see them on other people's. I do see the one for gallery. I've always had that one.

Edited by krys
  • Upvote 1

Well, it makes sense now.....after looking at my own buttons on my posts....

No need to PM yourself.

And hopefully you're friends with yourself already. :)

But for everyone else, they're there for them to use.

• Upvote 1

Well, it makes sense now.....after looking at my own buttons on my posts....

No need to PM yourself.

And hopefully you're friends with yourself already. :)

But for everyone else, they're there for them to use.

Thanks for tracing that down. It makes sense to me too!

• Upvote 1

Okay - this is a question and not a complaint.

How is "Multi-quote" supposed to work.

Thanks for being so patient with all the questions.

Multi-quote has been around for a bit. Basically, it allows you to select up to 5 posts to quote all at once in a reply. You click the multi-quote button on each post you want quoted, then hit the reply button. All posts should be quoted for you.

There may be a current bug with multi-quotes. Not sure. Think I remember reading about it though...

• Upvote 1

Okay - this is a question and not a complaint.

How is "Multi-quote" supposed to work.

Thanks for being so patient with all the questions.

Multi-quote has been around for a bit. Basically, it allows you to select up to 5 posts to quote all at once in a reply. You click the multi-quote button on each post you want quoted, then hit the reply button. All posts should be quoted for you.

There may be a current bug with multi-quotes. Not sure. Think I remember reading about it though...

Thanks GT - This could come in handy.

Edited by doojable
  • Upvote 1

excathedra, find the + and - buttons, they're red and green on bottom, all a part of this box you type in

Just below those there's a 'multi quote'

to the left of multi quote is 'reply'

to the left of reply is 'edit' and it's got a yellow pencil next to it

Edited by Shellon
  • Upvote 2

Excie - it might be that you're waiting too long to edit a post.

As far as the PM function goes, When I hit on the little envelope which is the icon for a PM under a person's avatar, the main screen darkens and a PM window pops up. Something similar happens when I try to PM from a person's profile. Everything is working fine, just looks different.

Actually, I like the way it works now.

• Upvote 3

i have a green plus button that says "click to configure post options" and below that i have "add reply", "preview post" and "cancel"

should i click to configure post options ?

i thought i did that and it got weird. i'll try after i hit reply here

thank you for trying to help me

i got a million green + and red - scrolling all the way down the screen

i clicked on the red and got a green 1 and minus red 1

i don't know

those were two posts up above there, if that helps

now 3 ha ha ha ha ha

oh well

and the long line of little green and red boxes with 1's are still there at the moment

i did just find that my reputation on here is a -8. i guess that's less than a zero.

i'm liking this new site better all the time.

• Upvote 2

i have a green plus button that says "click to configure post options" and below that i have "add reply", "preview post" and "cancel"

should i click to configure post options ?

i thought i did that and it got weird. i'll try after i hit reply here

what you are describing (configure post options) is on the screen WHILE you are writing a post. You won't find the button to edit until you post it the first time. That is the way it has always been. someone else already told you where the edit button is , when it is available, after you make the post.... on the right side of your post, under the + and - dots.

• Upvote 1

thank you all so much for your help. there's still nothing under my post or anyone else's. I think it might be a matter of how my view is. any suggestions?

brainfixed, you're such a sweetheart. you made my day. i'm not sure how many reputations i've ruined besides my own!!!!

--

no chat ?

can some computer savvy person like myself snort start a chat room we could join ?

• Upvote 1

thank you all so much for your help. there's still nothing under my post or anyone else's. I think it might be a matter of how my view is. any suggestions?

Excie - you will never see an Edit button under someone else's post. That would mean that you could edit what someone else says. Why not look at the bottom of your screen and see if there is a horizontal scroll bar (you know - to go side to side) - maybe it's there but off your screen way way way way off to your right.

• Upvote 1