GreaseSpot Cafe

The Safari Internet Browser is Garbage

I have been writing web pages lately. My web pages are pretty good, but I am having trouble with the Safari Internet browser. It does not read my web pages correctly in the area of Cascading Style Sheets. Specifically div tags. I use Div tags which is with the Cascading Style Sheet internet technology, but Safari is very slow to read them if it reads them at all. Then I updated a page today and Safari did not do the page update at all. I though there was something wrong until I went used Internet Explorer and Firefox and my pages looked fine using these browsers. Part of this thread is to blow off some steam. My pages are pretty good, but the Safari Internet browser technology wise sucks. Question now is what to do about this?

Here are a couple of examples of pages that I updated or wrote in the last few days.

http://www.reversiblesoccerjerseys.com/sparta-v-reversible-soccer-jerseys-color-generator.html

http://www.reversiblesoccerjerseys.com/romano-reversible-soccer-jerseys-color-generator.html

http://dynamoathletic.com/shorts.htm

Well, even while I am writing this one of my technology associates called me and told me to refresh the browser. That I probably had an older version of Safari for the MacIntosh computer. When I hit the refresh version then the web pages loaded correctly. I may need to go to the MacIntosh web site and get an updated version. My pages now look fine the way I designed them and my question has been answered. But I am going to finish this post anyway.

• Upvote 1

No, that did not help. I am not able to edit my posts anymore on this forum. That is not good. What happened to the edit button? It used to be in plain sight. Here edit button. Where are you? My buttons on my color generator pages are much easier to find than the edit button on this site. On my pages with links above you can click any color button on the left hand side of the page and the uniform colors change.

No, that did not help. I am not able to edit my posts anymore on this forum. That is not good. What happened to the edit button? It used to be in plain sight. Here edit button. Where are you? My buttons on my color generator pages are much easier to find than the edit button on this site. On my pages with links above you can click any color button on the left hand side of the page and the uniform colors change.

you don't see an EDIT button right under the red/green buttons, left of REPLY?

you don't see an EDIT button right under the red/green buttons, left of REPLY?

I used to see an edit button before the update on this web site, but no more. Now I only see "Reply" and "Multiquote" underneath the plus minus symbols. But I am going to see if there is a refresh button that I can click. Maybe the web page needs to be updated for me. Thanks Hap. It is good to figure stuff out with others.

Here is my edit:

There it is. I clicked the refresh button with the up and then down green arrows at the top of the page towards the right hand side and now the edit button is back. Thanks for going over this with me Hap. Have a good day my friend.

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...