GreaseSpot Cafe

What do you do?

cheranne

I have been out of twi for 26 years now and still here I am writing and in some way still connected

although I am fighting to help people understand Cult Awareness!

I was just thinking of when I finally did seek therapy(after a suicide attempt)they suggested I go see

a Christian therapist because of the"cult stuff"

Not to put therapist down but this guy was "green to the gills"when it came to cult awareness in twi stuff

and I think it is because twi so much resenbles "truth"(with a twist of poison here and there!!)

But...honestly I think I taught the therapist more than anything(I didn't know about greasespot at the time

it was 1992)

Basically he said to incorporate Jesus into my personality(!)

Well.....(I could have told him go read Ephesians!)but...I was trying and trying the church thing back then and

bible studies and there was just constant struggle to fight it.

I no longer go to church BUT my thinking has changed. I quit going to a christian therapist and went to a

"regular therapist who specialized in dissociative dissorders"

It was all together about 7yr of therapy. (because I'm WORTH IT!!!!)remember ..YOU ARE TOO!

Edited by cheranne

Cheranne,

It might be because your issues were not brought on by TWI. The tendency to gravitate or be drawn to cults comes first. Very few come in with glowing stories of their childhood that spoke of great times in a church.

People's level of involvement in church organization tends to reflect what they expect in return; either now or in the eternal life area.

• Upvote 1

Cheranne,

It might be because your issues were not brought on by TWI. The tendency to gravitate or be drawn to cults comes first. Very few come in with glowing stories of their childhood that spoke of great times in a church.

People's level of involvement in church organization tends to reflect what they expect in return; either now or in the eternal life area.

yes I agree . But TWI "intensified" it more!!! Since I was a victim a satanic ritual abuse as a child,later as

a young adult wanted "truth" wanted a true God and TWI was it...so (I thought)

I became like a "waybot".

I think that any totally engrossing experience will rewire the brain at least a little bit.

But it seems to me that all of us had different wiring schemes in place before TWI.

And then our TWI rewired some of that according to our own experiences.

And all of us are dealing with not just the TWI rewiring that happened a little differently for all of us, but we all need to deal with the wiring that was in place before TWI too.

All in all, it seems good to me that we have seemed to find as much common ground as we have.

But it seems perfectly normal, considering, that our interactions can run a little heavily toward the disfunctional side too!

I think that any totally engrossing experience will rewire the brain at least a little bit.

But it seems to me that all of us had different wiring schemes in place before TWI.

And then our TWI rewired some of that according to our own experiences.

And all of us are dealing with not just the TWI rewiring that happened a little differently for all of us, but we all need to deal with the wiring that was in place before TWI too.

All in all, it seems good to me that we have seemed to find as much common ground as we have.

But it seems perfectly normal, considering, that our interactions can run a little heavily toward the disfunctional side too!

All I'm saying is we all had a past ofcourse with the exception of children of twi! (poor kids)

I just hope that for those searching for Truth don't go into TWI thinking that is what they are getting

and for those leaving find direction of the life they desire .

I ask myself however (why?)some people have too get it all out of there system and unlearn and relearn

biblical stuff and some don't care and don't ever think about it again.(?) going about there life.

I can understand why you might wonder why anyone would go different or even the same direction in any circumstances Cheranne.

For me, right after I got here I realized that many here had as bad or worse experiences than I have had. And no matter what I thought of their choices I would not judge them harshly for it.

The TWI lies were real, real nasty and many people were hurt very badly. And almost right away I heard people that were in effect kicking the wounded instead of helping them, so-to-speak. And when I heard that I told them that to me they were kicking the wounded and they should stop it.

And in another sense, I thought that since TWI was so bad for some of them that I didn't care as much about what they got into since they got out. I was just hoping that whatever they were into was helping them heal.

quote "Not to put therapist down but this guy was "green to the gills"when it came to cult awareness in twi stuff

and I think it is because twi so much resenbles "truth"(with a twist of poison here and there!!)

But...honestly I think I taught the therapist more than anything"

Amen to that

Therapists are only human. I worked in Nursing Homes and watch therapists and what they say about their patients in private conversations. It wasnt very nice, I can testify to that!

I think that to "heal" from the Way would be perhaps to simply return to the normal healthy control of our life, and the relationship with God that is in private prayer, Bible reading, and fellowshipping (NOT cult joining) with other Christians, ALL Christians.

And also NOT to blindly follow formulas, bossy leaders, and pecularly obsessed groups.

Also perhaps a lesson all Way followers need to re learn is to be NICE to people and not boss them like some drill sergeant because we "know the Word"

Kindness and courtesy seemed to be greatly lacking in all the Way organizations I was a part of, oh man I could tell you stories!

I can understand why you might wonder why anyone would go different or even the same direction in any circumstances Cheranne.

For me, right after I got here I realized that many here had as bad or worse experiences than I have had. And no matter what I thought of their choices I would not judge them harshly for it.

The TWI lies were real, real nasty and many people were hurt very badly. And almost right away I heard people that were in effect kicking the wounded instead of helping them, so-to-speak. And when I heard that I told them that to me they were kicking the wounded and they should stop it.

And in another sense, I thought that since TWI was so bad for some of them that I didn't care as much about what they got into since they got out. I was just hoping that whatever they were into was helping them heal.

Oh I am not judging people at all,when I got out of twi the last thing I wanted was more bible stuff,(as you know

we were all overloaded!!!)

I certainly do not want to seem to be kicking the wounded, but more like helping the POW lost in the "spiritual

war of friendly fire!!"

Personally I felt I had to(for myself)at least find out the truth that was behind the counterfiet truth we were

taught..because if I(speaking for myself )did not I would never heal.

However it was SO hard to do because what we were banged up with was by someone who used Gods word (for bait!)

so to go back to that with (post trama stress)was torture but in the end the scars healed and (scars gives us character..I like to think)

I would have loved to walk away and never look back..but I just could not .

I am still looking back seeing if I find anyone trapped in (people I once knew and loved)are they still in twi

I guess it is the nurse side of me never to leave a soldier behind in war,get him to the medic and to a safe

place.

TWI is NOT a safe place.

Dear Steveo,

Yeah.....

The freakin Samaritan was the only one who got it right!

Oh I am not judging people at all,when I got out of twi the last thing I wanted was more bible stuff,(as you know

we were all overloaded!!!)

I certainly do not want to seem to be kicking the wounded, but more like helping the POW lost in the "spiritual

war of friendly fire!!"

Personally I felt I had to(for myself)at least find out the truth that was behind the counterfiet truth we were

taught..because if I(speaking for myself )did not I would never heal.

However it was SO hard to do because what we were banged up with was by someone who used Gods word (for bait!)

so to go back to that with (post trama stress)was torture but in the end the scars healed and (scars gives us character..I like to think)

I would have loved to walk away and never look back..but I just could not .

I am still looking back seeing if I find anyone trapped in (people I once knew and loved)are they still in twi

I guess it is the nurse side of me never to leave a soldier behind in war,get him to the medic and to a safe

place.

TWI is NOT a safe place.

Dear Cheranne,

I hope it didn't sound like I was trying to imply anything like you were off base. I am not thinking that at all.

In general, if I thought that of you I would try to bring it up directly.

I meant it when I said before that it was easy for me to admit that I've liked your intentions and enjoyed your posts.

JEFF

Durn, I gotta go.

Edited by JeffSjo

Sometimes the therapist needs a little more information than we give them..

and no, they are not going to just throw one in a "nuthouse" or something..

it's too expensive. Governmental budget cuts and all..

:biglaugh:

Yeah.. I saw one, a few times.. the therapist ended up being more an academic guidance counsellor than anything else..

s

I think its like anything else..

you have to feel them out.. so to speak.. find one you can trust.. then don't waste your or their time..

This one helped to show me I needed to "educate" people how to treat ME.. I told the therapist of years in the group.. lack of boundaries.. etc.. and that's my weak spot. Lack of boundaries.

and after a few short visits.. it was time to move on..

I was impressed with the professionalism..

the person said, "if we meet in a store, and I don't say anything..don't be offended.. it's because I can't. I won't even say hello, unless you do. I will not publicly acknowledge we have met in a counselling manner.."

I think I was studying the "professional" more than they were me..