GreaseSpot Cafe

New here just wanna say hi!

God first

hi Caleb and anybody that wants

I am not a violent person, however, if you want to make any personal attacks against him, you had best not let me know your true identity. I am willing to fight over comments made about him.Trust me, you really dont want a ....ed off redneck knockin' at your door. Somje people in the sowers program will claim they have seen me me angry. Well, they havent. My intentions here are not to fight though, so lets keep everything respectful and decent.

person attacks are nothing you could jump up and down its means nothing to us

vpw was nothing and he believe in nothing and every thing is vain of truth

come knock at my door if you can

thank you

with love and a holy kiss Roy

• 3 weeks later...

I imagine he teaches the same Christ denying arcane garbage that we called "the word" in TWI. You should RUN not walk to the nearest bible believing church you can find. . . . find a qualified Pastor to help you undo the absolute lies you have certainly learned from this family and you should stay far far away.

I think I would rather tell you to be an atheist than believe a word they teach. . .Those kids were indoctrinated right along with the rest of us. . . .

If you don't. . . you are going to have years of undoing this stuff. . . good luck. . . yes luck. . . you are going to need it.

That's a loud whistle your blowing, Geisha. SOWER you should make whatever decisions in life you see fit and if it means stay in The Way - Then do it! Their will always be people telling you what to do, and they all say different things. What you choose to do and think each moment will determine your quality of life.

Edited by TheHeckler

Their will always be people telling you what to do, and they all say different things. What you choose to do and think each moment will determine your quality of life.

That is true, but had I listened to those who told me TWI was a cult. . . . the quality of my life could have been much greater. I would not have had to be delivered out of such foolishness. You have a chance now. . . you should take it.

That is true, but had I listened to those who told me TWI was a cult. . . . the quality of my life could have been much greater. I would not have had to be delivered out of such foolishness. You have a chance now. . . you should take it.

Somehow people can ruin the most amazing things for themselves. God's Word is the most important thing we have in this world. Anyone diligently working it gets the nod from me. The Way does this and so do other organizations. For me The Way is the greatest thing in my life.

Edited by TheHeckler

Somehow people can ruin the most amazing things for themselves. God's Word is the most important thing we have in this world. Anyone diligently working it gets the nod from me. The Way does this and so do other organizations. For me The Way is the greatest thing in my life.

And for me. . . and Christianity. . . it is Jesus Christ. Do you see the disconnect?

Run. . . don't walk.

Edited by geisha779

That's what I've wondered. For a while. What is it exactly that *they* are doing?

*Doing* being the key phrase in the question. Have they *finally* (questionably) gotten up, and gotten their thumbs out of their.. asses?

So what are they actually DOING?

Edited by Ham

Still didn't answer my question. What exactly are they DOING? Not talking, not "researching".. not imagining.. what are they DOING?

You really don't know, do you..

Since there is "Nothing new under the sun - - - - - -"

They are Teaching ABS/ Collecting ABS/ and Spending ABS. Docvic lives on in spirit and principle if not in reality, eh? wacko.gif

ABS only if in your heart.

That's 100% correct!!!! eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

Sadly - - - even though twi and some offshoots (more specifically CES/STFI) teach (in theory) the same thing, what they actually "require" of their followers is much more precise/ limiting/ and demanding. In other words - - - one thing is taught in a sermon/ teaching/ whatever, but when it comes to the financial coffers of "the ministry", suddenly the requirements become more stringent.

I could tell you stories of how I was castigated by "leadership" back in the 1970's for NOT giving to twi, even though I was sponsoring several folks through the corps at the time. I figured that I was "giving to the ministry" by sponsoring those folks but that wasn't good enough for twi. If I wasn't giving to them (the ORG) directly, my giving didn't count. I found that out to be the case with CES/STFI also. You can choose to believe me or not, but that was the case back then, and then again in the 1990's with the CES outfit.

They "preach a good sermon" when it comes to giving out of your heart, but if it impacts them directly (since someone else is getting your monetary gift rather than themselves), suddenly the tune changes. It's too bad they (twi and CES) can't follow the example of George Mueller.

No, they worship the bible. . . I worship Jesus Christ. We are eternities apart.

We worship God. More like we aren't even in the same realm...

That's 100% correct!!!! eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

Sadly - - - even though twi and some offshoots (more specifically CES/STFI) teach (in theory) the same thing, what they actually "require" of their followers is much more precise/ limiting/ and demanding. In other words - - - one thing is taught in a sermon/ teaching/ whatever, but when it comes to the financial coffers of "the ministry", suddenly the requirements become more stringent.

I could tell you stories of how I was castigated by "leadership" back in the 1970's for NOT giving to twi, even though I was sponsoring several folks through the corps at the time. I figured that I was "giving to the ministry" by sponsoring those folks but that wasn't good enough for twi. If I wasn't giving to them (the ORG) directly, my giving didn't count. I found that out to be the case with CES/STFI also. You can choose to believe me or not, but that was the case back then, and then again in the 1990's with the CES outfit.

They "preach a good sermon" when it comes to giving out of your heart, but if it impacts them directly (since someone else is getting your monetary gift rather than themselves), suddenly the tune changes. It's too bad they (twi and CES) can't follow the example of George Mueller.

I usually just give from my heart and don't entertain negative thoughts as to what's done with it. God knows my heart and he treasures it.

Edited by TheHeckler

If they have mended their ways then do you mind listing off what charitable actions they support. For instance many churches have soup kitchens or programs to help in the community.Projects to help feed the poor, assist the elderly. Many churches have also have programs to help the poor in other countries.

Some of them support Heifer International which is an amazing organization that helps people in other countries by giving them livestock so they can not just eat today but can sustain them selves in the future.

I am not trying to be snide... When I was with TWI they did none of this... they did collect Abundant Sharing and the teaching at the time was that the barest minimum you should be giving to the ministry(Them) was 10% IF you wanted to give to other charities well it would have to be after your 10% to them....

So are you aware of any programs they are doing now to help people in the community..

Also have they set anything in place now to help Widows. Or women needing to escape abuse

They had nothing like that when I was in. Has it changed to include these types of programs now.

What about Children's fellowship.. Do they have a fully functioning program now.. Like Sunday school.. They didn't before. I hope they have done something about this.. Will you share what you know?

There were no special characters in the "original".. they were either cursive or manuscript. there was no difference between "God" or "god"..

Somehow, I thought differentiation with capital letters were an invention of theology.. well, according to the class and all..

If they have mended their ways then do you mind listing off what charitable actions they support. For instance many churches have soup kitchens or programs to help in the community.Projects to help feed the poor, assist the elderly. Many churches have also have programs to help the poor in other countries.

Some of them support Heifer International which is an amazing organization that helps people in other countries by giving them livestock so they can not just eat today but can sustain them selves in the future.

I am not trying to be snide... When I was with TWI they did none of this... they did collect Abundant Sharing and the teaching at the time was that the barest minimum you should be giving to the ministry(Them) was 10% IF you wanted to give to other charities well it would have to be after your 10% to them....

So are you aware of any programs they are doing now to help people in the community..

Also have they set anything in place now to help Widows. Or women needing to escape abuse

They had nothing like that when I was in. Has it changed to include these types of programs now.

What about Children's fellowship.. Do they have a fully functioning program now.. Like Sunday school.. They didn't before. I hope they have done something about this.. Will you share what you know?

I don't know what programs we're involved with. To me, giving money to charities would seem like buying people. To me, the money is best spent on the ministries needs and outreach programs. Why should we give God's blessings for us, to other people?

There were no special characters in the "original".. they were either cursive or manuscript. there was no difference between "God" or "god"..

Somehow, I thought differentiation with capital letters were an invention of theology.. well, according to the class and all..

There's only one true God we use a capital "G" for him. The adversary gets a small "g", because he's a wannabe.

so.. besides all this minutiae.. what does the way, as an organization actually DO?

It's made up of people. These people strive for spiritual growth. Both for themselves and for all else. Moving the Word is a big part of it. That's a brief summary of what we Do.

Edited by TheHeckler

Aah? Because Jesus commands it? And. . . . btw. . . . your house burns down. . . . it is the Red Cross that will be there. . . not TWI.

God is watching out for my house. Jesus Christ didn't say to give God's Blessings, to you, away. And what is said about charity is always talking about hungry hearts. Don't cast your pearls to swine is what it says.

Edited by TheHeckler

I don't know what programs we're involved with. To me, giving money to charities would seem like buying people. To me, the money is best spent on the ministries needs and outreach programs. Why should we give God's blessings for us, to other people?

I do not think of it as buying people as I am taking what I have that is extra and am giving to some one in need. IT is freely given with no strings attached.

Okay what about caring for widows and orphans within the ministry.. or those who have sustained injuries or lost their job and need a hand up for a while.

DO they have anything like that in place now? What about care for the elderly believers?

Would you ask?