GreaseSpot Cafe

New here just wanna say hi!

Well now who doesn`t have a sense of humor?

FYI, I didn`t call YOU stupid, I called the statement you made saying I didn`t like Grouch Stupid :) Either you were mistaken or you deliberately lied...shrug either way it was not accurate.

Edited by rascal
  • Upvote 2

Dooj, lead with my chin or not, I post what I think, and in spite of your numerous assertions of embarrassing myself, it would be less than honest to alter my posts or opinions or style to suit you. Why not let me post my thoughts?

Post anyway you please. I don't recall saying you're embarrassing yourself. I don't want you to alter anything on my account. I do, however recall a proverb about people who speak their whole mind.

Can we limit our comments to our opinions to the subject at hand rather than why one anothers points or opinions should be invalidated?

When did you start believing that someone wanted to invalidate your opinions? Just how is that done, anyhow?

Opinions fly back and forth rather quickly here. The comments you're referring to happened this morning - time and comments have come and gone since then. You felt like they needed to be brought up again. That's your right. It's also my right to answer you if you address me.

When would you like this to end?

Edited by doojable
  • Upvote 3

Well now who doesn`t have a sense of humor?

FYI, I didn`t call YOU stupid, I called the statement you made saying I didn`t like Grouch Stupid :) Either you were mistaken or you deliberately lied...shrug either way it was not accurate.

Love ya babe

• Upvote 2

Heh heh heh - I bet not too many people argue with you

So few have lived to speak of it. . . LOL

I think what bothers me most is that after all the things that have been exposed about VP and TWI and the hodge podge--ramshackle musings VP threw together to justify an ugly lifestyle. . . they still persist in calling it the "Word" and worshiping it as something real? What are the qualifications of any of these people? Seminary. . . bible college. . . being raised in a sound church? No, they were in a cult like the rest of us. . .

Why are they running a program? What exactly is it that people think this family has? It is unrecognizable to very many outside our little group as the Christian faith? It is a religion. . . . unique to this particular family and those who have been following them for years.

We never left the word?? What does that even mean?

Edited by geisha779

"Or we can tell him it is great he is on this path with this group and more power to him. Yeah. . . hang with the Wierwilles. . . where else can you get the 'word'. (Previous quote from Geisha)

And let's not forget one of VP's "revelations" was that if the Wierwille family does not stand, "the Word of God will not live in our day and time." That quote, by the way is from, "A Day with the Wierwilles". That kind of makes the rest of of irrelevant doesn't it? So...I guess some may see this "Sowers" thing is a carrying on of VP's "vision".

Edited by erkjohn

We never left the word?? What does that even mean?

Geisha, you know as well as I do that "the word" is what vp and the cornfield cult (and now the Mississippi mudhole cult) claim is their inside track to gawd awlmighty. That and SIT...

"Leaving the word" is code for, "you left us...*sniff-sniff* you don't love us anymore - SCREW YOU! You're all gonna go to hell!'

It's overly self-obsessed, except in this case it's a whole group of folks and not just one individual.

• Upvote 1

Geisha, you know as well as I do that "the word" is what vp and the cornfield cult (and now the Mississippi mudhole cult) claim is their inside track to gawd awlmighty. That and SIT...

"Leaving the word" is code for, "you left us...*sniff-sniff* you don't love us anymore - SCREW YOU! You're all gonna go to hell!'

It's overly self-obsessed, except in this case it's a whole group of folks and not just one individual.

That is exactly what it means. . . but thankfully it now sounds like the tongues of aliens to my ears! "Mississippi Mud Hole Cult" . . . . . short, pithy, and to the point. . . . says it all. . perfect!

• Upvote 1

Dooj and Geisha sitting in a tree...K.I.S... oh never mind wrong playground.

And Rascal thinks I am sick? Geez ladies.

Geisha sure hope you and your husband like crawfish and softshelled crab.

• Upvote 1

Dooj and Geisha sitting in a tree...K.I.S... oh never mind wrong playground.

And Rascal thinks I am sick? Geez ladies.

Geisha sure hope you and your husband like crawfish and softshelled crab.

I'm sure we can get into a nice cat fight over some issue or another. . . she is an adversarial wench. . . I think I qualify as well. . . if for no other reason than to keep you amused!! :)

• Upvote 1

I'm sure we can get into a nice cat fight over some issue or another. . . she is an adversarial wench. . . I think I qualify as well. . . if for no other reason than to keep you amused!! :)

OH man! What an invitation! Quit whimping then, and call.

I'm all for a good food fight. I won't waste good seafood tho. Maybe some of that stuff the folks down here call "comfort food" would be better ammo.

Your PM box seems to be full. PM me when you get the chance.

Edited by doojable

WORSE. they said mashed.

You desperately need to read Tom Robbins, "Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates"...especially if you like irritating stupid people I can also highly recommend "Still Life with Woodpecker."

Edited by RumRunner
  • Upvote 1

we aren't each others' enemies, even when we disagree. twi would have had us believe that.

Absolutely correct. I can disagree with someone and still not hate them.

Edited by doojable
  • Upvote 2

Shellon, excellent post, btw. we aren't each others' enemies, even when we disagree. twi would have had us believe that.

But, but, but, hate can keep us so warm at night!!!!

• Upvote 1

But, but, but, hate can keep us so warm at night!!!!

oh it can indeed. the key is remembering to hate the right people when it gets chilly in the night. my ex for instance. or lcm. I get real warm fuzzies thinking about his fall from power and it puts me right to sleep, all cozy. vpw I somehow can't derive the same warmth from, unless I remember he died possessed by a devil, but somehow that doesn't seem like enough.

You desperately need to read Tom Robbins, "Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates"...especially if you like irritating stupid people I can also highly recommend "Still Life with Woodpecker."

hehe, I forgot I had that listed in my interests :)

• Upvote 3

I dunno. I keep coming back to the thought.. they've sent a boy to do a man's job..

why is this..

confront us "vindictive" god rejectors with da "love of god"..

it's just my impression.. looks like the same thing, all over again..

• Upvote 2

I dunno. I keep coming back to the thought.. they've sent a boy to do a man's job..

why is this..

confront us "vindictive" god rejectors with da "love of god"..

it's just my impression.. looks like the same thing, all over again..

Maybe it's his interim assignment - if he can't convert us he can't finish his second in rez year - he'll be reassigned to the horse farm cleaning out the stalls - and then making WOW burgers for dinner (sans hand washing of course) for the rest of his life - that is until kicked out for being too old. I mean, after all, nothing against horses - heck they taste just as good as beef, but it was never Cyclops' goal to train horse stall cleaners - he wanted Fortune 500 CEO's - you know - kinda like the Loud Clearly Magic Forehead.

Edited to add the reference to Loud Clearly Magic Forehead

Edited by RumRunner

It's Internet Lightbearers! Perhaps S'09's got a week to convert us.

Maybe the Cyclops didn't want horse stall cleaners - but he sure was fond of dog trainers, the dung they flung, and the positions he could get them in.

But I've heard that dog doesn't taste as good as horse or beef.

Edited by doojable
  • Upvote 1