GreaseSpot Cafe

New here just wanna say hi!

Well you have to admit. . . all this lovely history brought to light. . . . concerning the Wierwille's from Ohio and now Mud Hole Mississippi . . . . cannot be good for business.

Curious. . . . most groups like TWI are built around one central charismatic figure. . . cult 101. . . the big guy dies. . . the thing falls apart . . . . unless there is someone equally charismatic to step in. . . . rally the troops. . . and hold it together.

Pretty common way for a cult to go away. . . the big dog dies. Armstrong and the COG are a good example. . . it splintered. I think his son leads an offshoot as he could not hold the empire together.

Now that the Wierwille's splinter have a new charismatic figure. . . they are ramping it up and at it again. I just find that diabolical. I really do.

• Upvote 4

What I would like to know is, do they operate the same way twi did? Do they Mark and Avoid when someone doesn't toe the line? Do they require attendance at all ministry functions? Do they require 10 percent of your income for God to spit on you? Do the teachers spit when they teach? Do they shun anyone who isn't in the ministry? What if a class is being run and you can't go because of your job, do they "suggest" you quit your job to "put God first"?

How different are they really from twi? Or are they pretty much the same?

• Upvote 3

What I would like to know is, do they operate the same way twi did? Do they Mark and Avoid when someone doesn't toe the line? Do they require attendance at all ministry functions? Do they require 10 percent of your income for God to spit on you? Do the teachers spit when they teach? Do they shun anyone who isn't in the ministry? What if a class is being run and you can't go because of your job, do they "suggest" you quit your job to "put God first"?

How different are they really from twi? Or are they pretty much the same?

That's pretty much what we've been asking all along.

So far, though, no answers.

• Upvote 1

Jeff I have absolutely no idea what those numbers mean and until you pointed them out hadn`t noticed them before.

I meant what I said. I am sorry that I ever tried to say anything.

Hi Rascal,

I am not sorry that you said anything, ever.

When I first got here it was evident to me that you were fighting against things that I too found morally objectionable. And a little looking around convinced me that you have manged to actively resist and counter things that were being said for a long time. And also that for the most part you were willing to do it more or less on your own.

So while I welcome any good growth or change of perspective the the Good Lord happens to bring your way I in no way even want to step on your toes, even if you are being ganged up on. But this last weekend I decided that I was pretty much tired or the double-team you were facing and had to say something. Now from what I have read sofar today, it looks like the conversation that I was referring to has ceased...good...but I'm going to finish reading first.

But the reason that I don't mind you speaking at all is plain and simple, in many respects I consider you to be my better, as opposed to being my equal.

• Upvote 1

How many were in that naughty rag tag zero corps?

I love that property they have. . . . I own an old farmhouse and some acreage. . . . it is a whole bunch of work.

I would love to have some free labor. . . I actually paint my own dang house.

:doh: Should have started a program. . . but then again. . . . I can't even get my own kids to consistently cut the grass. . .

• Upvote 2

How many were in that naughty rag tag zero corps?

I love that property they have. . . . I own an old farmhouse and some acreage. . . . it is a whole bunch of work.

I would love to have some free labor. . . I actually paint my own dang house.

:doh: Should have started a program. . . but then again. . . . I can't even get my own kids to consistently cut the grass. . .

waysider New Testament:

But Jesus waysider said to them, "There is no Prophet geisha without honour except in his her own country, and among his her own relatives, and in his her own home farmhouse."

• Upvote 1

Geisha,For room and board a few might come,you could call it a working vacation.

Hey little vic,Every day is a new day in the usa,your little outfit is not any better or any worse than any church that teaches the bible.

Yours is not exclusive,god still is not a respecter of people,thanks god.

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to figure out the purpose. Four hours of what probably was hard labor and 4 hours of "study". Free room and board and a certificate of completion in return. Did these people need experience in working on a farm? Was the farm actually self-sustaining? How were the bills paid? Did people pay to get into the program, or were they subsidized? What happened if someone got hurt, or sick? Did they have to provide their own health insurance? Did they have to sign a "hold harmless" agreement?

• Upvote 2

I'm trying to figure out the purpose. Four hours of what probably was hard labor and 4 hours of "study".

To increase their mystic power of believing...

Free room and board and a certificate of completion in return.

To increase their mystic power of believing...

Did these people need experience in working on a farm?

Yes. To increase their mystic power of believing...

Was the farm actually self-sustaining?

Yes through the mystic power of believing...

How were the bills paid?

By showing the mystic power of believing when "sharing" personal finances...

Did people pay to get into the program, or were they subsidized? What happened if someone got hurt, or sick?

No one who has the mystic power of believing gets hurt or sick...

Did they have to provide their own health insurance? Did they have to sign a "hold harmless" agreement?

Beats me...

• Upvote 3

would love to have some free labor. . . I actually paint my own dang house.

Its all in the presentation...you are the WOGFODAT arent you? Give em a verse or two, a bowl of rice krispies then set em to work---

the best part is its not even FREE Labor. As far as I can tell they PAY YOU to do it!..then give you a percentage of their income for eternity....

For all those spertchal seekers out there--I charge less if anyone wants to do my dirty worklearn from me, come on and clean up my riverfront, chop my wood , fix my trucks, learn the word

Edited by mstar1
  • Upvote 2

As I have been away for a few days, I was not surprised to see a large number of posts in this thread. I don't know if I should be surprised that SOWERS Grad hasn't posted in days. What I do want to know is, what the heck have the REST of you been fighting about? :rolleyes: :)

George

• Upvote 2

As I have been away for a few days, I was not surprised to see a large number of posts in this thread. I don't know if I should be surprised that SOWERS Grad hasn't posted in days. What I do want to know is, what the heck have the REST of you been fighting about? :rolleyes: :)

George

Is that lint in my belly button or hair? We still can't agree.

• Upvote 2

Just the usual things, is a hole an absence of matter or does the earth define the hole . You know the usual stuff.

There is definately matter and antimatter in the hole! :)

gc

edit to add smiley

Edited by gc
  • Upvote 1

I think they are "holed up" waiting for the end of the world so to speak.. fearful of being "overrun" by the new world order or something..

makes sense. Start a program, get free labor to work a farm.. its likely a tax exempt status outfit now. No taxes.. a warmer part of the u.s... little or no utility costs.. what did they do with the produce, if any? Socked it away for a hard winter?

This is (unanswered) question one of many..

The next (likely left unanswered) question..

how many firearms and ammunition do you have on hand?

just a few innocent questions..

:)

• Upvote 1

and when they crawl out of the huts or tents (description due to lack of response to earlier question) in the early spring, will they proudly proclaim that herr mini-itty-bitty mogster saved them from yet another conspiratorial government takeover? Worked for vic I.. at least two times..

another question.. did the "extreme" training ever involve some kind of extended "firearm safety" course?

and of the four "graduates" of the program.. would you shoot on sight any advancing "hordes" to protect the honor of the "great manogawds" hill of turnips, potatoes and other stored goods?

with the "training" and "keeping the troops in line" with austere rules, this whole scenario makes perfect sense to me..

Edited by Ham
  • Upvote 1

So four graduated.. I thought they started with six or eight. What happened, bub? What was the nature of their departure? I'll make it easy. No essay questions. We'll try multiple choice..

1. left voluntarily.

2. kicked out by "staff".

3. voted off by the rest of the group

4. died.

You may choose more than one selection.

• Upvote 1

while we are on questions.. here's another to place in the queue..

How much alcohol does "staff" consume? i.e. those in *charge*.. the "elders"..

Anybody in their right mind shouldn't have a problem figuring out this is not an "ignorant or unlearned" question..

I think the reason I see no answers is because they will only lead to harder questions.

and you think it isn't any of my business to enquire, bub?

who's is it supposed to be? The "participants" of the program? You've already elevated yourself to godhood with regards to them..

• Upvote 1

This is getting annoying

ie. lets have a conversation -- then leave everyone hanging and 'skip town'

look Caleb-- you arent some exception to the rule--we are all very busy--if you are going to stick to your word and represent your org as you said that you would then start participating and answering. If you are just another untrustable run of the mill BS'er ---well----we are already getting that message by your disappearance and lack of honest communication with us

Its not too late to redeem yourself but your stock in my eyes is going down every passing day that you blow us off----

One thing that I can say at this point is that your silence and absence speaks as loudly as your words, even more so, and so far represents the core of the organization you graduated from very aptly.

Promises promises and when it comes to owning up---zilch

So far you represent them well

• Upvote 2

Perhaps this explains everything..

looking for.. kids under twenty five years old.. why? You have no use for older, experienced individuals?

maybe you are "witnessing"?

I know some kids under twenty five.. you can't have them..

sowey.. they are smarter than the average "witnesser"..

even without my personal influence..

Most "kids" under twenty five still have all of their teeth..

is that it?

you've learned your master's lessons, well..

I know one of them.. who abandoned your kind of nonsense.. and found the Roman Catholic faith more palatable, than what you have to offer..

• Upvote 3