GreaseSpot Cafe

Please tell me

tagalong

Well there are a few ways--

You could continue to rant and fume about how horrible everyone here is, then insult and attack the other posters--That's one way. You could continue along those lines and eventually you'll be asked to leave and probably have your account deleted

or if that way is not working fast enough for you

You could write to one of the moderators or Pawtucket the owner and they'll do it for you Im pretty sure.

Happy Trails!

Hey there, tagster

Have you ever seen elderly people talking on the TV news about how they've been swindled out of their life savings? On one hand, it's got to be awfully embarrassing for them to expose their vulnerability. But, it must be liberating, as well, for them to realize what actually happened. That's kinda how this place is. It hurts like the dickens when you first find out you were scammed. Then, it starts to feel better when you start to realize it wasn't all your fault.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

How do I get the powers that be in this website to totally delete my account?

I'm always curious as to why any poster would want the owners of a discussion forum site to "delete their account".

If visiting the site is a problem (causing mental tension, confusion, anger, etc.) - just don't go to the site anymore! There are plenty of other sites to visit on the world-wide spiderweb of information, and, unless I miss my guess, no one is forcing anyone to visit a discussion forum site. Just let your account go inactive.

If it's a problem of having posted too much personal information, I'm sure the moderators would help to delete it from the site.

If you wish to erase all memory of your existence on this site and in our minds because of whatever, well...

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,

Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit

Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,

Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it" - Omar Khayyam

How do I get the powers that be in this website to totally delete my account?

I think you just ask Pawtucket . . . . send him a PM. He is a really nice man.

Maybe you should consider staying though. . . . it can seem a rough place at first. . . but very informative. . . . even helpful to realize issues and work through them. I do understand it can be a bit of a shock to an ex-cultist to see the evolution and change in people's belief systems. . . we are no longer "like-minded". That really is a good thing. Considering what we were "like-minded" about.

I often relate and learn much from those of no particular faith here.

Besides, I have seen your posts. . . you have taken baby heat. . . . try defending the trinity someday. . . :)

Take care whatever you decide. . . but it is REALLY nice to have another baseball nut around!!

tagalong i was not "nice" to you but i am not a particularly "nice" person. i used to be but all that got me was victimized because i was so worried about being "nice" and "not offending" that i let myself get screwed over time and again. you came on "boldly" and spoke your mind and so did i. you judged harshly and so did i. you spoke your beliefs and i pointed you to your own standards. outside of that false and imaginary "household hedge of protection" where everybody agrees and nobody questions one another much less authority that's the way people are with one another. it's not a big deal and it's certainly not something to hide from because it's a sign of maturity and knowing your own self worth to be able to be questioned and disagreed with. i'm not so good at this type of communication yet but i'm better now than i was at first and i'll get better and better the more i do it. and i don't feel as attacked as when i first got here either and i also recognize that at least half of that feeling attacked was what i was bringing to the table from my own baggage. this is not a place to expect agreement and "bless you" until the cows come home but it is a place where you will find out more about yourself and your experiences than you would have ever believed and you will value the experience if you give it a chance.

• Upvote 1

Yeah to what Brainfixed said.

One aspect of a free and open forum and society is that it often ain't no garden party. Where people are just s-o-o-o 'polite' and likeminded all the time. ... You know. ... Boring to tears. :evilshades: Feh! If you think that _this_ board is rough, there are some political leaning message boards that will nearly burn your hide off -- proverbially speaking.

I prefer open forums like that, as they allow for the most freedom. FAR more than TWI has ever given.

Yeah to what Brainfixed said.

One aspect of a free and open forum and society is that it often ain't no garden party. Where people are just s-o-o-o 'polite' and likeminded all the time. ... You know. ... Boring to tears. :evilshades: Feh! If you think that _this_ board is rough, there are some political leaning message boards that will nearly burn your hide off -- proverbially speaking.

I prefer open forums like that, as they allow for the most freedom. FAR more than TWI has ever given.

Garth is right...The price that one pays to speak freely is that you have to allow others to speak freely as well...and argument, debate and disagreement are healthy and necessary for honest communication. For anyone who is looking to be homogenized into some groupthink...this is not the website. :spy:

For anyone who is looking to be homogenized into some groupthink...this is not the website. :spy:

Heh heh heh - well if some had there way it clearly would be - but thank goodness Paw ain't a group think kind of board owner.

• Upvote 1

I think you just ask Pawtucket . . . . send him a PM. He is a really nice man.

Maybe you should consider staying though. . . . it can seem a rough place at first. . . but very informative. . . . even helpful to realize issues and work through them. I do understand it can be a bit of a shock to an ex-cultist to see the evolution and change in people's belief systems. . . we are no longer "like-minded". That really is a good thing. Considering what we were "like-minded" about.

I often relate and learn much from those of no particular faith here.

Besides, I have seen your posts. . . you have taken baby heat. . . . try defending the trinity someday. . . :)

Take care whatever you decide. . . but it is REALLY nice to have another baseball nut around!!

Thank you Geisha. Had I been taught II Timothy 1:7 as a young boy I might have been a baseball "player". But I am blessed to be "another baseball nut". lol Thank you. Are you going to have opportunity to watch the all star game tonight? Maybe I enjoy the baseball talk so much because there (in the baseball section "keep your eye on the ball") we actually have something in common (our love for baseball).

Thank you Geisha. Had I been taught II Timothy 1:7 as a young boy I might have been a baseball "player". But I am blessed to be "another baseball nut". lol Thank you. Are you going to have opportunity to watch the all star game tonight? Maybe I enjoy the baseball talk so much because there (in the baseball section "keep your eye on the ball") we actually have something in common (our love for baseball).

I watched it on MLB on my laptop. It was so cool because you could choose the camera angles and have 4 different views at the same time. Up close and personal. I am a bit sad it didn't go into extra innings so Wakey could play, but it was actually fun not to get nauseous when Rivera came in to close it up. . . :)

2 hours and 31 minutes. . . pretty quick game.

Stick around tagalong. . . . Oh and we may all love baseball. . . but there are Yankee AND Red Sox fans who post. . . . not too much in common there! LOL

Edited by geisha779

but there are Yankee AND Red Sox fans who post. . . . not too much in common there! LOL

....and...for the most part we even get along!

if that can happen, and it does --theological differences ought to be easy.

Being able to hear different viewpoints and respect them and the person that they come from even if you totally disagree is one of the things I really like about GS.

Red Sox and Yankee fans getting along? In my lifetime? World Peace even seems possible...

Edited by mstar1

I think the disagreement and sharing of different view points is what keeps me coming back... IT helps me kind of sort out what I experienced and it shines a light onto the stuff I never knew about while I was in TWI and it helps me understand all the questions I have or had about the red flags I had or even the stuff I heard that I questioned.

So I hope you hang around a bit more tagalong.