Has TWI become old news?

JustThinking

Have we talked TWI to death yet?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Is TWI still worth talking about?

• Yes, they're still dangerous
    • Yes. They may be down but not dead yet
    • Yes because it helps me
    • Yes. Some other reason (Please explain)
    • No but it may help some who others
    • No but I feel like it anyway
    • No.
    • Maybe.

All,

If you saw the thread started by a new grad of the SOWERS program, there seemed to be a swarm to fresh meat. It kind of made me feel like an old grad at twig when (miraculously) a new person showed up. 13 pages (and counting) of posts but only a few from the guy who started it. He seemed to drop off fast and we just kept it among ourselves.

Have we talked TWI to death yet? Or is there still more or new things to cover? As an irregular poster, others here may be better able to answer.

JT

• Upvote 5

This new SOWERS program is proof that the beast's heart is still beating.

It's like a stinking time machine, designed to go back and start The Corps and Fellow Laborers all over again.

They seem to have completely disregarded any valuable lessons that might have been gleaned from TWI history.

Sure, it looks harmless enough today, but what assurances are there it will turn out any different when, in fact, the very principles it has been fashioned after have been proven to be defective and dangerous? In fact, how do we really know it isn't a phantom effort of the monster that spawned it? TWI is still current news, IMO.

• Upvote 4

Just when you thought the beast breathed its last breath.. there it is again..

:biglaugh:

Its not twi so much anymore, I don't think. Its its spawn.. organizations who embrace the same theology, arrogance, tiered organizational structure, practical methods of beating submission and subservience into the lower tier, unchallengeable authority for those on top, and the like.

Particular beliefs do not really bother me. Its the other issues they inherited from the mother organization.

And they think twi was a good thing, that just went "sour" when the "bad people" came along..

I think ANY organization, who produces trainees who sing the praises of a "great manogawd" who happens to be a under thirty year old, unmarried (probably still) inexperienced still sopping wet behind the ears KID.. qualifies as dangerous.

They inherit the arrogance of vic I, that one can just read the bible, and PRESUME to be "God's Spokesman"..

As far as the way itself, I think they are hobbled, damaged, and even if they repent in sack-cloth and ashes, likely will not recover.. so the discussion isn't so much about them any more, at least in my opinion. I think it is highly relevant addressing it's spawn.. using the same tools, trying to produce different results..

Edited by Ham
  • Upvote 3

Its not twi so much anymore, I don't think. Its its spawn.. organizations who embrace the same theology, arrogance, tiered organizational structure, practical methods of beating submission and subservience into the lower tier, unchallengeable authority for those on top, and the like.

and the worst part is, this is where they start. It took the vicster a number of years to develop this kind of harshness in the organization. And where he failed, loy picked up the cause..

these guys are starting their their little organization at one of the worse levels of corruption in da way's history. The sowers grad kid.. after nine months of browbeating acknowledged he didn't like the rules, that it wasn't exactly a pleasurable experience, but somehow da "manogawd" is not to be questioned, but defended at all costs.. practically.

I wonder about the other three..

• Upvote 3

Then look at the stiffi's.. they started their organization, on the basis of the worst arrogance that had ever embodied the way.. didn't sit around and read their bibles and stuff for a few years.. "we've left Egypt, and WE've got the GOLD...."

and it got worse.. "personal prophecy" and all.. embracing the austerity of momentus..

• Upvote 3

I first posted at Trancechat and then Waydale...and now GreaseSpot...whether it's still relevant or not to post about twi depends on your personal perspective. As long as people make bad decisions there will be organizations like twi. It seems that some folks are masochistic enough to continue with their various splinter groups and re-invented cult nonsense...the nefarious nature of this beast is control and abuse...and it seems that there will always be people who enjoy this particular form of self mutilation.

Me?...I still post about twi and their gawd awful "tadpole cults" that have spawned in various places...because they stole 13 years of my life and I'm not done speaking my mind about them...probably never will be either. They lie in God's name and steal the innocence of unsuspecting youths. They take your money and bleed your soul. They are parasites that suck people dry and discard them...they are lowlifes of the worst kind.

old news?...no more than the third reich is old news. I see that the Germans are putting a near 90 year old man (who's dying) on trial for war crimes that happened nearly 70 years ago...As a wise man told me recently... the bottom line is about revenge...is this any different?

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr
  • Upvote 6

I wish it was talked to death. . . . you don't have to have special x-way glasses to see the havoc it has caused in the lives of so many or the continuing dysfunction of some of its victims.

The fact that there are still people living well and fatted off draining funds from their "members" means it is still a nasty yet viable operation.

Maybe when the BOT are holding up signs on a street corner saying "Will work for food" that might satisfy.

• Upvote 2

Maybe when the BOT are holding up signs on a street corner saying "Will work for food" that might satisfy.

As it is now, they hold up signs that read, "Will PREACH for food."

• Upvote 3

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."-George Santayana.

As long as there's one person suffering from twi (an insider, a family member outside cut off from an insider,

and so on), twi is relevant to someone. twi is making a lot FEWER people suffer- and was never a large

organization to begin with- but to have ONE person suffer is still too many.

On the other hand, twi's legacy is an excellent source of suffering, if one wishes to find more modern,

up-to-date suffering. Some of its successors have taken "the best" of the tools for suffering still available,

and have started over, without apology and without concern they won't end up the same way as the group they left.

• Upvote 3

Maybe "old hat" would be a better way to describe the organization.

Or perhaps old puke from last night's bad drunk. It's still fun to make fun of memories of them worshiping over the porcelain god and speaking in liquid screams.

Shot 'o Drambuie anyone?

• Upvote 5

Its not old news for all of us that gave our time & money for a rot hole place called THE WAY INTERNATIONAL that claimed to be a place of god. It wont be old news until no one is standing for or preaching their crap and that land in ohio is washed away . and only then will it be old news !!

• Upvote 2

Sounds like the ladies fron The View but they do mention TWI.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  • Upvote 2

Or perhaps old puke from last night's bad drunk. It's still fun to make fun of memories of them worshiping over the porcelain god and speaking in liquid screams.

Shot 'o Drambuie anyone?

I would so love to hear you expand on this if you feel so inclined. The mind picture of it all just raises so many questions.

Edited by erkjohn
  • Upvote 2

I think you have to remember that just because people no longer attend... they still have not all found their way here and until they hear all the bad stuff... they will continue to live the teachings or think VP was a wonderful MAn of God... not everyone hung around until the evilness manifested itself in all it's ugliness.(me for example)

Until like Wordwolf said they are all free .. I do think Grease spot is necessary and i believe it has more impact when people are on here talking about it.

and regarding our missing SOWER Grad.. don't discount his little foray in here. he read a bit before he posted.

it may not all sink in right away but it will! And I would not be surprised if some other people from there will eventually find their way here.

Conflicting Poll title, and Poll question.

Assuming George Aar and Way2much both answered this question: "Is TWI still worth talking about?"and said, "No" - why then are you both still here? (LOL, not that you should go away!) and that they didn't answer "Has TWI become old news?" which it probably has.

The impression that I get now is that it booooorrrriiiiiing. Perhaps it's moved into "passive evil" and not "corrosive evil" or maybe they're not teaching even that stuff any more.