GreaseSpot Cafe

Inactive notices

Bolshevik

Anybody get an inactive notice from twi? You know, to let you know you haven't been to fellowship in a long time?

It's kinda like calling up an ex-girlfriend from 10 years ago to say, "Hey, just so you know, we're through!":biglaugh:

• Upvote 2

Anybody get an inactive notice from twi? You know, to let you know you haven't been to fellowship in a long time?

It's kinda like calling up an ex-girlfriend from 10 years ago to say, "Hey, just so you know, we're through!" :biglaugh:

Shhhhhhhh!

(I don't think they know I'm gone yet.)

• Upvote 1

If they send me one I'll frame it..

:biglaugh:

who's sending them? Headquarters, Limbs, local "twigs"?

considering waygb and all, they probably have my address.. I'm not entirely anonymous here..

maybe they want to trim up their mailing list.. is that it? But I didn't think they really mailed anything to the "regular" rank and file.. cost cutting ya know. Have to save money for something more useful, like giving rosie's cats a perm, or something..

don't understand. how can you be dropped from something of which you were never a member?

...I never got the inactive notice. I did sign a greencard about 30 years ago that said that i could take their Piffle class as many times as I wanted forever for no charge whenever and wherever it is offered...sort of like a legal agreement :spy:

I know its a huge waste of time but if I got in an ornery mood I might push the issue, This time I wouldnt be "holding my questions" or holding my tongue either.....

Let's see, I was never a member, but was expected to show up for every meeting, class,special event, or spur of the moment whim of the 'leader'. I wasn't a member, but I was to be 'fully committed' to the 'ministry'. That was supposed to be our 'ministry of reconciliation', not the 'Way ministry', at least on 'paper'. right. Then I get a letter as an 'advanced class' grad telling me I owe the 'Way ministry' my life-literally. But I'm still not a 'member'.

I'd have loved to get one of those letters. Reality is I was non existent to them , except as a cash source, and a warm body, and they never knew I was gone.

You know, when my local leadership sat me down to waggle his finger in my face and tell me I was "Mark and Avoid" and no longer welcome at any WAY function, I thanked him. (you should have seen the look on his face)

Now I realize I should have followed that up with, "Oh, and can you put that in writing, please? I want to frame it." I can just imagine the smoke that would have been coming out of his ears, lol!!!!!!

You know, when my local leadership sat me down to waggle his finger in my face and tell me I was "Mark and Avoid" and no longer welcome at any WAY function, I thanked him. (you should have seen the look on his face)

Now I realize I should have followed that up with, "Oh, and can you put that in writing, please? I want to frame it." I can just imagine the smoke that would have been coming out of his ears, lol!!!!!!

:biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

It's kinda like calling up an ex-girlfriend from 10 years ago to say, "Hey, just so you know, we're through!" :biglaugh:

Bolshevik,

You got one? Are you able to post a copy? WIth your info blanked out, of course. Or just post the main content?

JT

When I was "in" every once in a while we would get a list of inactive PFAL grads in our area that we would go out and talk to and try to bring back into the fold. I don't recall this happening since the 80's though. In the 90's twig leaders would periodically be given a list of names of inactive people to review to see if they really were inactive so that they could be purged from the mailing list.

I don't think that it would be too tough to locate me if they really wanted to send me a letter, even though I have moved three times since I was kicked out in 2001.

Too much like an admission of how bad the loss has been, JT.

Anyway, it's not so much who's left - but who's still around. That probably shouldn't take too long to type up.