GreaseSpot Cafe

What was LCM's ministry supposed to be

mchud11

I am a bit confused as to what LCM was ordained as, was he like supposed to have the gift ministry of a prophet? I know he has been stripped of all that, some form of ex-communication. But, if he was a prophet, wouldn't stripping him of his ministry be a watered down version? Wouldn't, if he were a prophet, wouldn't it be more correctly false prophet? Inquirying minds want to know, cause I got no clue and was wondering....michael

• Upvote 2

He fulfilled his job as a profit by bringing the great story humptey-dumptey to pass.

copenhagen

I agree. It was like I remember Vic saying, that a prophet was a difficult man to be around. And everything I remember about LCM was difficult and the other choices did not feel like they fit. And last, my memory is blank on anything he propheted about about. Anyway, I will be able to sleep tonight without really knowing.

• Upvote 1

VeePeeWee was a common grifter, not an apostle. Trying to assign some sort of spiritual significance to his efforts is an indication that one is still, to some degree, being influenced by the deception. (IMO) Elsie Em, on the other hand, was a grifter's apprentice, not a prophet, who didn't have what it takes to master the confidence trade and got tossed out of the apprenticeship program.

• Upvote 1

If I remember correctly...

VP was supposed to be an apostle. New light for THAT generous. Didn't actually mean it was new. Could have been lost. They left photocopied out of the definition but I suppose that's included. :)

How about VP the Sequel?

Evangelist - wins people for God? Uh, no. LCM drove the whole place away.

Pastor - Heals God's people? 0 for 2, so far.

Prophet - Man who speaks for God. Seems that one was not working either.

Teacher - It's the only one left. Must be it.

So I guess he was a teacher? Can the greek work for teacher also be translated "screaming and spitting incoherently?" Just curious.

Seriously, I think teacher was the one mentioned at some point. Teaching the new light brought by the apostle. He also liked the number 2. He was supposed to teach and establish what VP stole... uh... revealed. VP was Moses and Loy was Joshua.

JT

• Upvote 2

Well, in view of his ability to alienate people, even those who supported him at one time, it certainly wasn't the ministry of reconciliation!!

I think he was supposed to have the "gift ministry" of a teacher.

TWI was very keen on the "gift ministries" shown in Ephesians of apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor and teacher.

Here's some they never mentioned:

6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; 7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

Was he a prophet?

Did he "minister" effectively?

A teacher?

Exhortation, yes? (yeah right).

Giving? No, but good at receiving gifts!

Ruling? Only with an iron fist!

Showing mercy (yeah, right [head in hands, shaking head])? (And mercy with cheerfulness!!)

Now he's out in the "real world" I'd really like to think that he is seeing the error of his ways and has begun to understand some of what he has done wrong. Maybe learn a little meekness. Begin to understand what this means, instead of the phony definition TWI gave it:

42 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them,

"Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. 43 But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: 44 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.

45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."

edited for typeface size

Edited by Twinky

He also liked the number 2...

JT

Truly he was considered as "#2" by many of TWI because of all the .... that spewed out of his mouth at times! :realmad:

Perhaps his appointment to President should have included a lot of TOILET PAPER as well as his "ministries", just to help clean up HIS MOUTH! :)

And concerning his "SKIRT MINISTRY" (mentioned in another thread), was his frequent quote of "operating all nine all the time" in reference to NINE of his FAVORITE CORPS WOMEN who visited him during the night hours in his Chalet in the Way Woods?

Spec :rolleyes:

Edited by spectrum49

I am glad I brought the question to the table, all very good answers the think tank has put foward. Regards to you all.. michael

He had a gift ministry............. the "gift of gab". The man refused to shut up! Years ago he would come to Cincinnati to buy suits. He invited me, my husband, I believe one other believer and his driver to eat lunch at "Friday's" or some similar restaurant. He talked the whole damn time. It was actually a teaching/lecture because there wasn't any conversation, it was just him yada, yada, yadaing, the whole time we were there.

LCM had the ministry of a bufoon, clown, and court jester all rolled up in one like Heath Lodge's Joker from Batman: The Dark Knight.

• Upvote 1

He was a p3n1s healer? Just like his father in the Word?

did he ever claim to heal anyone, like vpw claimed? or was it only to "meet the needs of the MOG"?

I do not remember him saying he ever healed anyone.He liked to talk on how smart he was on the bible.

Though his rise and expansion book never made sense to me,always a cockeyed formula,can you ever read what is written?

Leap of faith time,twist,twist see,it really mean this.He sure as I was around led by example,I think he thought he was

a rock star,he never just hung out with people,I think he thought he was spiritully above most of us.