GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI Sues the Jews

Belle

The Way International Seeks to Ban Bible by Suing Jewish Group

Fort Worth, Texas - The Way International, an ostensibly Christian group often branded a “cult” (1) and with a history of alleged anti-Semitism(2), has filed a federal lawsuit against The Society for the Advancement of Nazarene Judaism (also known as the Worldwide Nazarene Assembly of Elohim http://www.wnae.org), an organization of Jewish believers in Yeshua (Jesus) as the Messiah of Judaism.
The Society for the Advancement of Nazarene Judaism maintains that all translations of the Bible read very much alike and that the Hebraic Roots Version does not infringe on anyone else’s copyright.

I hope they have enough money and chutzpah to put TWI in it's place.

• Upvote 3

". . . an ostensibly Christian group. . . " That says it all.

This action is the latest in a series of similar legal actions by the Way International which raise questions concerning the free exercise of religion. In 2007 The Way International sent a letter to The Way, a Baptist church located in Grant County, Kentucky, threatening to sue them over use of the name "The Way"(3)

That same year, they filed a lawsuit against "The Way Ministries" claiming trademark infringement (4).

The term "The Way" is actually a term found in the Bible for the early followers of Yeshua (Jesus) (Acts 9:2; 19:9, 23 & 24:14).

In this latest move, The Way International seeks not only to control use of the biblical term "The Way," but also seeks to ban the accepted Scriptures of a Messianic Jewish Group.

What is wrong with these people? Their arrogance knows no bounds. They want to ban a bible?

Edited by geisha779

It's actually an old story. It wouldn't surprise me to see that twi heard of this recently.

http://www.seekgod.ca/trfactor2.htm

http://www.lebtahor.com/truth/trimm/plagiarisms/HRVAveryPaper.htm

Looks like twi was plagiarized. That they broke the law doesn't mean others are justified in doing so.

If someone else is engaging in a fraud, that's wrong, too.

The Way International Seeks to Ban Bible by Suing Jewish Group

I hope they have enough money and chutzpah to put TWI in it's place.

This version is published by a group called, the Institute for Scripture Research. They state they are from South Africa and were founded in 1992.

People who have been identified as directors are:

Lew White

Dr. C. J. Koster

Don't know if either name is familiar to anybody.

I think they need to get a life! Good grief! Like there's a huge market for either version! I mean, I heard about it but never saw it in print in the bookstore for sale or anything.

WG

Believe it or not, the interlinear is used. Take a look at this site: (the old bbs software used to edit the URL for the Pe*hitta version, so I "tinyurl'd" it)

The Aramaic lexicon has the following copyright disclaimer: © The Way International 1988-89. All rights reserved. The contents and results of this search tool may not be used without the prior written consent of The Way International.

• Upvote 1

Believe it or not, the interlinear is used. Take a look at this site: (the old bbs software used to edit the URL for the Pe*hitta version, so I "tinyurl'd" it)

The Aramaic lexicon has the following copyright disclaimer: ...

Interesting site, Mark.

Also interesting to note that in the Preface, he doesn't mention TWI. Only in the Lexicon.

Is Paul Y0unan some exWayfer? Note, he makes it freely available.

• Upvote 1