GreaseSpot Cafe

The Internet: The Voice of the People

skyrider

But here's the point: you were encouraged to do it all. You were not sanctioned for not doing it. Therefore, I would say "indoctrinated" is accurate, but "censorship" doesn't really apply. It would only be "censorship" if they either forcibly prevented you from doing so or sanctioned you for doing so.

I have long contended that the corps program was twi's exclusive indoctrination program.

All classes and meetings were "taught" or run by in-house wayspeak-ers.......and silly me, I sure had NO IDEA what "the way corps culture" would be like when I signed up. I mean, c'mon......I had recently been in college with free-thinking, beer-drinking, party-going, fun-loving young adults were everywhere having a blast.

Then....I get to the way college of emporia AND IT'S TABOO TO LEAVE THE CAMPUS WITHOUT PROPER PERMISSION! Are you kidding me???? WTF? Of course, twi didn't forcibly prevent my leaving the campus.....but the confrontations and peer pressure were standing close by if I got caught..!!!

Is that censorship? Isn't there a phychological/authoritarian censorship TO REGULATE AND CONTROL ONE FROM 'OUTSIDE' INFLUENCES TO HERD THEM TOWARDS CONFORMITY???

No wonder wierwille had to use unjust influence over the youth......heck, the 40-55 year olds in ohio would have never fallen for this indoctrination/censorship.

I have long contended that the corps program was twi's exclusive indoctrination program.

All classes and meetings were "taught" or run by in-house wayspeak-ers.......and silly me, I sure had NO IDEA what "the way corps culture" would be like when I signed up. I mean, c'mon......I had recently been in college with free-thinking, beer-drinking, party-going, fun-loving young adults were everywhere having a blast.

Then....I get to the way college of emporia AND IT'S TABOO TO LEAVE THE CAMPUS WITHOUT PROPER PERMISSION! Are you kidding me???? WTF? Of course, twi didn't forcibly prevent my leaving the campus.....but the confrontations and peer pressure were standing close by if I got caught..!!!

Is that censorship? Isn't there a phychological/authoritarian censorship TO REGULATE AND CONTROL ONE FROM 'OUTSIDE' INFLUENCES TO HERD THEM TOWARDS CONFORMITY???

No wonder wierwille had to use unjust influence over the youth......heck, the 40-55 year olds in ohio would have never fallen for this indoctrination/censorship.

Now I wasn't in the Corps so I can't speak to that one way or the other...so I'll take your word for it. I was relating my experiences as a lowly Advanced Class grad, where, apparently, we were given a bit more freedom.

I saw a fair number of the >40 crowd led by JAL's parents. No one went corp - too strenuous, but they were big on the whole twig thing.

• Upvote 1

I saw a fair number of the >40 crowd led by JAL's parents. No one went corp - too strenuous, but they were big on the whole twig thing.

The faithful twig attendees in the 70s, early 80s......the "apple of God's eye" people. I salute them in knowing how many good-hearted souls were the backbone of all that was good in twi.

Whereas.....the indoctrination of corps, wierwille's "elite troops", tainted the whole of twi to the point where it became "the image of wierwille." Too centralized, too regulated, too elitist, too confronting, too vain, ..........sheeeesh, too everything.

Tzaia, you and many others, made very smart decisions early on......to NOT go corps.

I can recall one particular time in FLO when I had to get special permission to go to the post office in town to retrieve a special package from home on a Saturday morning.

Hey! If they let ME ditch work assignment, EVERYBODY will be doing it before long.

(Same deal with haircuts and dental appointments.)

:CUSSING:

• Upvote 1

In retrospect, yes. At the time it was considered a cop-out to not be sold-out.

That ONE SENTENCE speaks volumes.

As I look back......imo, the "twi machinery of sold-out-ism" was fueled and fanned by wierwille. He could have stepped in and stopped the nonsense at any time. Wierwille structured twi's caste system to his advantage......to increase the deception.

And, in retrospect......the double-speak deception of wierwille is so obvious NOW. Heck, all we ever knew about wierwille was HIS SIDE OF THE STORY, HIS RE-WRITING OF HIS OWN BIOGRAPHY. Plus, the upper corps coordinator leadership and front-men....were polishing wierwille's image in every imaginable way. Heck, in all my years......I never saw wierwille anywhere near a sign, a miracle or a wonder.

There are clear reasons why the scriptures repeat the warnings of following false teachers in a number of ways.......not shepherds but hirelings, seduced, sleight of hand, wolves in sheeps' clothing, clouds without rain, lording over, etc. etc. The rhetoric, the propaganda of twi were the megaphones that attracted many.

TODAY........very few ex-corps leaders are willing to come to GS and expose the evil. And, so many of them only moved their hotdog stand over to another corner and changed the business name.....but the hotdog special is still the same.

:asdf:

Edit: As per JeffSjo's comment........thanks, oops.

Edited by skyrider
  • Upvote 1

TODAY........very few ex-corps leaders are unwilling to come to GS and expose the evil. And, so many of them only moved their hotdog stand over to another corner and changed the business name.....but the hotdog special is still the same.

:asdf:

That is a shame Skyrider, that they will not or can not actually speak the truth, especially considering all the folks that have been hurt.

And for the sake of clarity..... did you mean to write "very few ex-corps leaders are unwilling....." I think you may have meant to say that very few are WILLING.

Article: The Wall Street Journal / Sep 21

U.S. as Traffic Cop in Web Fight

The U.S. government plans to propose broad new rules Monday that would force Internet providers to treat all Web traffic equally, seeking to give consumers greater freedom to use their computers or cellphones to enjoy videos, music and other legal services that hog bandwidth.

More

Digits: What Is Net Neutrality? Topics: Net Neutrality The move would make good on a campaign promise to Silicon Valley supporters like Google Inc. from President Barack Obama, but will trigger a battle with phone and cable companies like AT&T Inc. and Comcast Corp., which don't want the government telling them how to run their networks.

The proposed rules could change how operators manage their networks and profit from them, and the everyday online experience of individual users. Treating Web traffic equally means carriers couldn't block or slow access to legal services or sites that are a drain on their networks or offered by rivals.

The rules will escalate a fight over how much control the government should have over Internet commerce.

<snip>

My link

What?? Is this the start?

The Internet: The Voice of the People

Is our government starting to put restrictions on this??

Is this the proverbial camel's nose under the tent?

Here's another link....

My link

Obama Plans Internet Grab: FCC to Embrace 'Net Neutrality'

Sunday, September 20, 2009 7:16 PM

By: John O. Edwards Article Font Size

Since the Internet took root as a mass communications phenomena in the mid 1990s,

a quiet war has been waged in Washington over the extent to which the new medium would be regulated by the Federal Communications Commission.

Until now the Internet has largely been self-regulated and the FCC has taken a hands-off approach.

But that could soon change dramatically if the Obama administration has its way.

This weekend, press reports revealed a stunning development. The Obama administration

will announce Monday that the FCC would propose new rules to embrace what it calls "Net Neutrality."

According to reports, Obama's new Federal Communications Commission chairman, Julius Genachowski, will use a speech to the Brookings Institution, a liberal think tank, to announce the FCC proposals.

On the face of it, Net Neutrality appears to be a popular and fair proposal.

According to the Associated Press, Genechowski will "propose new rules that would prohibit Internet service providers from interfering with the free flow of information and certain applications over their networks . . . "

The news service added that once in effect, the FCC rules "would bar Internet service providers such as Verizon Communications Inc., Comcast Corp. or AT&T Inc., from slowing or blocking certain services or content flowing through their vast networks."

But critics contend that the proposals are nothing more than a backdoor way for the FCC to tighten federal control over the Internet by beginning with the regulation of Internet service providers.

The battle lines over Net Neutrality have formed along partisan and ideological lines, with some exceptions.

During his campaign, Obama said he would embrace Net Neutrality -- a cause championed by Google and other Silicon Valley companies that don't want large ISPs denying or controlling their access to Internet users.

But Republicans have largely opposed Net Neutrality, suggesting self regulation has worked well.

The last FCC Chairman, Bush appointee Kevin Martin opposed Net Neutrality. He suggested it was not needed.

Conservatives see Net Neutrality as a power grab that will benefit big Internet players like Amazon and Google while stifling smaller competitors.

The libertarian CATO Institute, in a 2004 policy analysis concluded: "The regulatory regime envisioned by Net Neutrality mandates would also open the door to a great deal of potential 'gaming' of the regulatory system and allow firms to use the regulatory system to hobble competitors. Worse yet, it would encourage more FCC regulation of the Internet and broadband markets in general."

Democrats in Congress have pushed for such controls in the past without success. In 2006 House Democrats offered an amendment to make Net Neutrality law, but the motion failed.

At the time Republicans warned of efforts to control the Internet.

"I want a vibrant Internet just like they do," Rep. Lamar Smith, a Texas Republican, said during the 2006 House debate over the issue. "Our disagreement is about how to achieve that. They say let the government dictate it... I urge my colleagues to reject government regulation of the Internet."

© 2009 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Politics and Religion..........leave my right to free speech alone.

• 2 weeks later...

THE POWER OF THE INTERNET.....

Ten years ago, starting in April 1999.....P@aul Allxn rocked the foundation of twi when he exposed twi's underbelly via the internet site, Waydale. Within months, the website had gained vast support as more evidence was uncovered. And, to be expected....a lawsuit ensued, depositions were gathered, and twi deemed it best to settle out of court for an undisclosed amount. Martindale was ousted from power.

In similar fashion.........Andrew Breitb@art is rocking the foundation of acorn and its underbelly as shown via the internet site, biggovernment.com. In some ways, it seems like deja vu for some of us who witnessed the early days of waydale. And, what will happen next.......as a lawsuit is launched, evidence mounts, and the internet website is the leading voice. And, when all is said and done, how many will be ousted from power?

biggovernment

• 4 weeks later...

I continue to be amazed how the internet.....namely, waydale and greasespot.....have given me the opportunity to hear "the other side of twi." And, in this internet dialogue....the "disjointed gripes and murmurrings" have been pieced together to show me the wierwille puzzle of manipulation and control.

No more silencing of one's voice. No more bum's rush off twi property in the middle of the night. No more black-balling and labeling of devil-spirit possessed. No more mark/avoid the dissenters.

And yet.......some tell me that net neutrality is the "foot in the door" that will lead to a fairness doctrine for the internet. I don't really know what all that means....???....but that "fairness" would need to be given to other parties on a discussion (or whatever)?

Some of us saw how twi leadership called a confrontation meeting and put the dissenter in a cross-fire of manipulation and bullying and shouting down the opposition. Some of us saw those region guys lead the charge and the character assassinations that followed. Some of us sat in corps meetings where individuals were singled out and reamed a new one.

The wielding of authority is a powerful, powerful weapon.

Net Neutrality

Blackburn: Net neutrality is 'Fairness Doctrine for the Internet'

By Kim Hart - 10/20/09 12:07 PM ET

Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) spoke against net neutrality regulations today at an event put on by the Safe Internet Alliance. Representing the songwriters, singers, actors, producers and other entertainers in Memphis and Nashville, she said the creative community does not want the federal government to interfere with how they are able to get content to consumers via the Internet.

"Net neutrality, as I see it, is the fairness doctrine for the Internet," she said. The creators "fully understand what the Fairness Doctrine would be when it applies to TV or radio. What they do not want is the federal government policing how they deploy their content over the Internet and they want the ISPs to manage their networks and deploy the content however they have agreed on with ISP. They do not want a czar of the Internet to determine when they can deploy their creativity over the Internet. "They do not want a czar to determine what speeds will be available....We are watching the FCC very closely as it relates to that issue."

When it comes to broadband expansion, she said, she wants to make sure "all individuals' rights are respected and that we look at the freedom of all broadband participants." She said Congress needs to make sure the groups receiving stimulus funds for broadband expansion are able to deploy reasonable and effective network management tools so they can be helpful in tracking down illegal activity."

"We shouldn't look at technology as how do we punish and impede, but how do we encourage innovation," she said. "That needs to be a key thought as we move forward... How do we encourage that innovation and not impede it?"

I can recall one particular time in FLO when I had to get special permission to go to the post office in town to retrieve a special package from home on a Saturday morning.

Hey! If they let ME ditch work assignment, EVERYBODY will be doing it before long.

(Same deal with haircuts and dental appointments.)

:CUSSING:

Gee! You got to go to a Doctor! :blink: I had to eat a raw potatoe believing that would "heal"me ! :CUSSING: