GreaseSpot Cafe

Chris Geer's splinter group

penworks

I took his class about 12 years ago. And I firmly believe his class to be the greatest cure of insomnia in the world today.

I'm so sad for former way followers who run geer classes in their homes. They do all of the work and invest their time/money for all of those hours to run it cleaning their homes, providing electricity, heat, a/c, and pastoring the new people . The local mog sits back and collects abs and doesn't contribute to the financial end of running the classes yet clears 90% of the abs for his family's benefit and dictates how the classes will be run. Then, cg sits back and collects 10% of the licensed mog's abs. Or, was it 20%? Someone else can probably remember.

Some of these people are wonderful couples who, for whatever reason, were never leaders in twi. I suppose their role as a leader is that important to them and that is why they do it. But, what about the eternal rewards? Is this what God wants for them? Propping up mogs, footing the bill both timewise and financially, while someone else reaps the rewards? Are there eternal rewards for being stupid? Doesn't the Bible say something about the workman is worthy of his hire? And, to top it all off, the mogs don't even have to sit there hour after hour and listen to the boring class. Man. Do they have it made, or what?

He may be her full time caregiver and he can no longer travel around.

Well what do ya know? For _once_ in his life, he goes and does something halfway decent. <_<

Now all he has to do is drop his con game, and he'd be home free.

I talked with a friend recently who is still in an offshoot. I am surprised at the high regard he still has for vpw and CG.

I think that is is too proud of being "corps" and not wanting to see the truth about twi, vpw and cg. What I think is worse is that his two daughters think the same way.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Too funny WS! You have truly captured the heart of Der Ministry! This is also what was playing in my head during phone hookups. :)

JT

I visited an old friend who was a corps grad, about 10 years ago while traveling through his city. We had worked together for years , I hadn't seen him since the 80's, and I was only going to be in town that night. He invited me to stay the night , but unfortunately had to go to Geer's class, but there was no problem because even if he's a few minutes late, they'll still let him in ( as opposed to the legalistic way classes). He also had to get up at 4 am to wash windows, so my visit after all those years consisted of seeing him come and go to class,sleeping on a futon, and locking his door when I left in the morning. Nice to see ya.

I wondered why he couldn't have just taken a night off from class, but I also knew old habits die hard. He came back excited, telling me Geer made 4 crucified 'really live'. I guess the 500 other times he heard that teaching didn't for some reason.

And that's as close to Geer's class as I will ever get.

• Upvote 1

I visited an old friend who was a corps grad, about 10 years ago while traveling through his city.

<snip>

He came back excited, telling me Geer made 4 crucified 'really live'. I guess the 500 other times he heard that teaching didn't for some reason.

And that's as close to Geer's class as I will ever get.

hiway,

Do you think he really was excited or was he putting on what we used to call "Wayface." (That phony excitement you showed to hide boredom, exhaustion, etc)

JT

He came back excited, telling me Geer made 4 crucified 'really live'. I guess the 500 other times he heard that teaching didn't for some reason.

Knowing what I now know about the inaccuracies that were taught in PFAL regarding that subject, I find this a bit disturbing.

well, this guy was a master of 'wayface', but he was also genuine in his love for the Bible (in my opinion, not always in a healthy way-but that's another topic).

I can't for the life of me relate to him finding excitement in pfal teachings that had been endlessly shoved down our throats, but if anyone could, this guy could, I suppose.

If I had a visit from a friend I hadn't seen in 10 years, I'd have skipped class that night, knowing that 4 crucified could get along just fine without me.

Have you noticed how old cg and the ex-members of TWI's old "President's cabinet" are getting? (How far off is medicare?) And still flogging the same old dead TWI horse?

There were never many people in TWI to begin with (I suspect there are several hundred individual congregations in America which have seen more distinct people pass through their doors than TWI did in its total history).

There are a limited number of ex-wayers still in splinter groups. And a small percentage of those are interested in Geer, and an even smaller percentage of those who are able to get to his classes. It is hard for me to picture any "money rolling in" to cg these days for recycled PFAL.

Some folks, it seems, can't let go.

• Upvote 1

He doesn't need a huge following, small, elite and exclusive builds a certain attraction. CG can live quite comfortably with his pricing, reportedly about $5000.00 per instructor per year. Very little overhead, he can still live well with just 10 instructors in the country. He has many more than that.

• Upvote 1

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Never mind.

If I remember correctly it was said that as part of the deal Geer gets 15% of an area's ABS if they run his class. That can be a serious income source. Geer said in his "Epistle To America" in 1989 that he was working on an Advanced class. 20 years later there still isn't a finished class. I wonder when people will realize that with CFF and the other groups that Geer is no longer the only game in town for Way based teachings.

There are Ministries that are under the fear of losing their license and seem to be more concerned with staying in Geer's good graces than in standing approved before God. Apparently some groups in Ca. lost their license so now everybody's walking on egg shells. Anybody got any more details about that ?

If I remember correctly it was said that as part of the deal Geer gets 15% of an area's ABS if they run his class. That can be a serious income source. Geer said in his "Epistle To America" in 1989 that he was working on an Advanced class. 20 years later there still isn't a finished class. I wonder when people will realize that with CFF and the other groups that Geer is no longer the only game in town for Way based teachings.

There are Ministries that are under the fear of losing their license and seem to be more concerned with staying in Geer's good graces than in standing approved before God. Apparently some groups in Ca. lost their license so now everybody's walking on egg shells. Anybody got any more details about that ?

The two new books that h put out are supposed to be the written form of the first part of his advanced class. Something like "in the steps of patriarchs, kings, and prophets." As best as I could see they emphasis the importance of men of God and being a man of God. I heard they're very well written though.