I don't know about you but I am so glad to know certain truths like:

Jesus is not God

The dead are not alive

I can pray perfectly

God is always good

God's Word is true

I will meet the Lord in the air...

anybody else?

There's differences of opinions as to how many of those are "truths" and how many were just

presented convincingly.

Me, I don't disagree with any of those, but I can see the points of those who do.

Furthermore, to limit the question like this leaves out FAR more important questions.

Questions like:

-How do you feel knowing you learned all your "truths" from a man who claimed to have a connection with God

unique in all of 2000 years, and claimed the "truths" taught all stem from that connection,

only to find out that he took ALL of it from other Christians who came before him, and pretended he didn't?

-How do you feel about a man who put forth that he "was a man of God", meaning that, among other things, he

made a reasonable attempt at living in a manner not displeasing God,

only to find that he designed everything so that he could quietly feed his vices?

Greed for money, for things, addictions to alcohol and tobacco,

lusts for women (who were drugged, raped and/or molested) other than his wife?

-How do you feel that he redefined all sorts of Godly principles and ideas so that they applied to

him (apostle, man of God) and redefined other things (sin is "broken fellowship")

and added other concepts ("the lockbox", "all the women in the kingdom belonged to the king")

all so he could appear holy while sinning all he wanted?

-How do you feel that he arranged the physical details so as to make it easier for him to sin-

arranging private places with beds so he had places to sin,

using the corps autobiographies to select women whom he could victimize,

maintaining a circle of people to make sure victims remained silent?

-How do you feel that he treated Christians- people for whom Christ died- as DISPOSABLE?

Besides using women like merchandise, he also dealt with people who were badly injured or raped

(not always, but some of the time) by putting them on a Greyhound bus and sending them on a

multi-day trip while they were barely functional?

-How do you feel that there are people who KNOW all these things, who WITNESSED some of these things,

who have TESTIFIED to these things,

while other people do whatever they can to SILENCE them, to call women who were victims

LIARS and blame them for being raped,

and do whatever they can to have their testimony buried?

Finally,

-How do you think God Almighty feels about all this?

Edited by WordWolf

=================================================

In case you missed my point, I can only be SO glad to benefit from something,

when I know my benefit was purchased by the blood of the innocent.

Proverbs 10:22

The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

The blessing of twi, it made vpw rich, and gave us some good teachings,

and it added much sorrow to some of our brothers and sisters,

for whom Christ died.

Edited by WordWolf

Now now, Wordy, don't go jumping on newbies as soon as they get here, and scaring them off!

Welcome, Billy G. Welcome to the Get Sorted Clinic aka Grease Spot Cafe. This is a diverse community and do feel free to express your own viewpoint. Being thankful is a great attitude but as you see, some are suspicious of it.

NOW jump on the noob! :evilshades:

I just LOVE it when Yet Another VPW Goosesteppe--uhh, I mean, 'apologist' pops up on the scene. ... Keep things from either getting too boring around here, ... or being too heavy with the 'Obama is the Stalinist Anti-Christ' threads (liberally sprinkled with MarkOMalley's statistics and links teacher.gif).

Good to see that we can get back to the original mission of the Greasespot Cafe. ;)

Edited by GarthP2000

Jesus is not God

The dead are not alive

I can pray perfectly

God is always good

God's Word is true

anybody else?

what is your point exactly? truth is relative, so wayspeak like "certain truths" just muddies communication. can you rephrase in regular language? if this is a doctrinal discussion I'm not interested, but if you're attributing knowing these things to being involved with twi, I do have an answer for you, so await your clarification.

Hi Billy G welcome t the cafe.

When were you involved with TWI and how long have you been out.. and Tell us a bit about yourself..

Did you go WOW or Corps and or were you just a twiglet.

oh and here have a bowl of Pudding.

BTW I have been out since 83 and was WOW and spouse Corp... But mostly I was just a twiglet.

Jesus is not God

The dead are not alive

I can pray perfectly

God is always good

God's Word is true

anybody else?

Welcome!

I learned to discipline my mind, be courageous, be positive, avoid drugs, and a few other things. For those I am thankful. I don't think that knowing all of the ideas that you listed is good though. The problem is, many "fellowships" hang on to a lot of really crazy ideas and it's hard to join a church if you believe that Jesus isn't God, etc.

Cheers,

Bishop

• Upvote 1

Jesus is not God

The dead are not alive

I can pray perfectly

God is always good

God's Word is true

anybody else?

I don't know jack. But congrats to you.

jack_daniels-9205.gif

Strike that, I do know Jack.

Jesus is not God

The dead are not alive

I can pray perfectly

God is always good

God's Word is true

anybody else?

not really. At this point.. considering the "effectiveness" of twi doctrine, I kinda hold these "truths" to be rather trivial.. providing they are indeed "true"..

Jesus is not God

The dead are not alive

I can pray perfectly

God is always good

God's Word is true

anybody else?

Not me, I guess that the only *truths* that I know and care about any more are pretty simple, love God and love my neighbor :) Anything else seems to me to be extraneous and a distraction.

What do you think?

Jesus is not God

I don't believe Jesus was a god either!

The dead are not alive

They are as far as I can tell

I can pray perfectly
I think the evidense suggests that prayer doesn't work
God is always good

I disagree, at least if you believe the bible

God's Word is true

definitely not!

How can I argue with your travel plans? :wink2:

anybody else?

Hey, you weren't impolite or judgemental...so I'll be nice!
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to Grease Spot, Billy G ! Do enjoy the cup of Joe & Jack Daniels – sip & consider the posts on this thread….I'd like to throw in a cup of the Café's finest cappuccino and a tall glass of Vodka & Sprite with a lime twist… uhm….sip & consider some more.

I like WordWolf's posts because they really cut to the heart of the matter, IMHO… His posts made me think of a couple of common denominators with many of us here [at least I tend to think so] – that as followers of TWI we all tended to adopt some faulty assumptions to one degree or another – AND ALSO JUST AS IMPORTANT – we realize now, that critical thinking was discouraged by leadership.

I left TWI in '86 - during the administrative meltdown following the reading of Passing of the Patriarch. The reason I left was simple – mounting intellectual differences - though at the time, I had such a crisis of faith it was extremely difficult to figure out exactly what was bugging me…

In the turmoil of that upper leadership crisis, wondering what I should do – an odd thing was happening in my head. I began questioning everything - atrophied muscles are just about impossible to call into immediate service – but over time, critical thinking skills common to all of us, began wading through the doctrines & practices… considering, analyzing, verifying, rejecting, adjusting, clarifying, exploring, etc. – I'm sure it's somewhat different for everyone, but the basic process is the same – as evidenced by the wide variety of beliefs/opinions of former followers here.

Like I said, I left initially over intellectual differences – and have enjoyed the FREEDOM to THINK ever since ! But it's only since I joined Grease Spot a few years ago, that there is now a bigger reason to dislike TWI – over the moral issues that WordWolf's posts so succinctly noted.