GreaseSpot Cafe

We Bumped into a Lifer

krys

We were in a major shopping plaza and they recognized us. We (and they) were happy to see one another. The 4 of us were always good friends while we were in. We talked a while. They are still in.....and what we've been told about a kinder gentler organization seems to be true. They rattled off at least a dozen names of people we knew or at the very least knew of.....and these folks went back in the past year or so. Apparently there is no more Mark and Avoid.

Out of curiosity I asked what they knew about the '98 Advanced Class fiasco and they said the young corp couple had no business disrupting the Advanced Class and so it was good that they were eventually found out and sent home. (They were never told that that couple was our kids)

We were encouraged to go back (of course) and one of the reasons is that at the October anniversary, we could get a plaque recognizing our previous 20 years. All we had to do was call the limb coordinator and "voila". It was nearly impossible for me to keep the contents of my stomach where it belonged. After we said goodbye and went on our way.....I started crying, not huge sobs....but a huge sadness that these folks would slide back into this really slimy group. I guess it's easier than thinking for yourself, and the comfort of the '70's and early 80's was a soft comfy cocoon (at least in one's memory).

We may have a whole lot of work to do to try to pry this group loose, although it may be futile.

• Upvote 2

We were in a major shopping plaza and they recognized us. We (and they) were happy to see one another. The 4 of us were always good friends while we were in. We talked a while. They are still in.....and what we've been told about a kinder gentler organization seems to be true. They rattled off at least a dozen names of people we knew or at the very least knew of.....and these folks went back in the past year or so. Apparently there is no more Mark and Avoid.

Out of curiosity I asked what they knew about the '98 Advanced Class fiasco and they said the young corp couple had no business disrupting the Advanced Class and so it was good that they were eventually found out and sent home. (They were never told that that couple was our kids)

<snip>

krys.....twi's "kinder,gentler" transition is nothing more than snooze control. :sleep1:

~~~ Sure, no more mark/avoid.....but what if I have pointed questions about the '98 adv cl cover-up??

~~~ Sure, some are staying in twi's "social club of elitism".....and heads remain willfully in the sand.

~~~ Sure, twi is trying to distance themselves from their dark and sordid past.......nothing new there.

BUT SOME LONG-STANDING FOLLOWERS ARE STILL LEAVING......in April, two of our friends who had been with twi since 1972 finally exited.

Edited by skyrider
  • Upvote 1

In other words, twi is still losing net membership every year, and is getting a bit desperate to try to stop that.

How small does twi have to be before the vultures at the top have to worry about working real jobs?

I don't think they will ever have to worry about the money running out.

What they need to worry about is their membership numbers falling too low to maintain a facade of legitimacy.

Hence the "spider and the fly" routine.

I have a friend who I was in the 8th. Corps with. She and her husband have been on staff ever since they graduated the Corps. She's now on FB and we're FB friends. Much to my surprise she's been extremely warm and friendly. She actually told me of the where-a-bouts of 2 other women I was wondering about. She and her husband are intelligent people, I can't understand how they can still be there. Of course she has an inheritance waiting for her so she doesn't have to worry about her future but I can't imagine living "The Way" all these years. I haven't been invited to any events yet, it will be interesting to see where this new relationship goes.

I've been out since 1993 and also don't know anything about an Advanced Class cover-up. Anyone able to fill me in. thanks

• Upvote 1

That's a lie that there's no more Mark and Avoid. They call it "spiritual probation" and put people on it for whatever reasons the BOD decides. I know of people that have had that happen in the past few years. They aren't allowed to attend any fellowship or ministry events, but are encouraged to continue to send in their tithes and abundant sharing to TWI, as well as purchase and listen to their teaching tapes. All followers treat the probation exactly identically to Mark and Avoid - no contact, phone calls, won't talk to if seen in public, etc.

The "kinder gentler" organization is a two-faced public front they will put on to try and pretend that things are different. They are not. Can a leopard change its spots? Neither can the BOD change who they are on their knees before. And it isn't God.

• Upvote 1

That's a lie that there's no more Mark and Avoid. They call it "spiritual probation" and put people on it for whatever reasons the BOD decides. I know of people that have had that happen in the past few years. They aren't allowed to attend any fellowship or ministry events, but are encouraged to continue to send in their tithes and abundant sharing to TWI, as well as purchase and listen to their teaching tapes. All followers treat the probation exactly identically to Mark and Avoid - no contact, phone calls, won't talk to if seen in public, etc.

The "kinder gentler" organization is a two-faced public front they will put on to try and pretend that things are different. They are not. Can a leopard change its spots? Neither can the BOD change who they are on their knees before. And it isn't God.

and Satan was an Angel of Light...the spiritual battle for your life and everyones for that matter does NOT depend

on how NICE people are they will spiritually rape you and break your spine..making you paralyzed to there little chosen PATH of what they say (truth is)according to them.

The Way International walks thru the valley of wasted land MINDS(former members,wow ambassadors,etc...)they

don't GET IT that peoples lives were detroyed in that spiritual war zone!

They just keep on walking and teaching the same lies used by that sick so called "dr veepee" that these people

don't wise up by NOW is just there IGNORANCE .

There is plenty of information out there to know better.

. . .

I'd known some people on "spiritual probation", but I hadn't heard they don't say M&A anymore. Rosie announced, back around 2003-2004, that so and so was now Mark and Avoid. The "Book of Life" system continued to label folks as M&A for a number of years after that.

They write it all in a "Book of Life"? (Ancient computer, more like).

Now how the heck can someone on "spiritual probation" (whatever the f*** that is) either learn to get better, or prove they are good enough to return, if they aren't allowed to "fellowship" and freely avail themselves of the wonderful teaching?

Remind me, here, of how many people Jesus put on "spiritual probation". Or how many the apostles put on "spiritual probation" in the book of Acts? Something perhaps relevant in 2 Cor 2 - but in verse 7 it says: " So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, (-why? :) ) lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow. 8 Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him."

Huh? Forgive?? Comfort????

"Swallowed up with overmuch sorrow"? Does that find resonance in anyone here's life?

:realmad::realmad::realmad:

(Completely completely completely spiritually angry with them!)

So let's see, we don't want you or your kind anywhere around us but please continue to send in your tithes and abundant sharing. That reminds me of an old commercial. "Money Talks, Nobody Walks". Why would anyone in their right mind continue to send money to an organization that doesn't want anything to do with you?

TWI always keeps lists.......always.

On file, I still have my 1985 clergy list:

Total Active Clergy --- 345 .... Total Inactive Clergy --- 7

Are you "active" according to twi?

Are you "inactive" according to twi?

Are you "mark/avoid" according to twi?

Are you "on spiritual probation" according to twi?

Gee, it must be nice to be the gatekeeper of all the rules. And further, it must feel powerful to be able to squash one's lifetime twi-reputation in one swift edict of the "all powerful and mighty directors."

:blink:

TWI always keeps lists.......always.

On file, I still have my 1985 clergy list:

Total Active Clergy --- 345 .... Total Inactive Clergy --- 7

Are you "active" according to twi?

Are you "inactive" according to twi?

Are you "mark/avoid" according to twi?

Are you "on spiritual probation" according to twi?

Gee, it must be nice to be the gatekeeper of all the rules. And further, it must feel powerful to be able to squash one's lifetime twi-reputation in one swift edict of the "all powerful and mighty directors."

:blink:

Just remembered......

On file, I have a 1998 Clergy List:

Total Active Clergy --- 64

Standing Inactive Clergy --- 19

That's rich......hahahaha.....see how the TERMINOLOGY changed?????

"Standing Inactive Clergy" :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Remind me, here, of how many people Jesus put on "spiritual probation". Or how many the apostles put on "spiritual probation" in the book of Acts?

Now, see, this is where you seem to be confusing them with a Christian organization. They're not. They're an MLM business. They're kinda like a quaint little restaurant with checkered tablecloths and candles that serves as a front for a money laundering scheme.You're not welcome in the back room but feel free to sit out front and order as much spaghetti as you want. (Be sure to leave a generous tip for the wait staff)

In other words, twi is still losing net membership every year, and is getting a bit desperate to try to stop that.

How small does twi have to be before the vultures at the top have to worry about working real jobs?

WW that's not how I see this. Those people were sliding BACK into the wasteland....so the net numbers would be increasing (along with the abs). True this is only one small area where I used to live...but I'm sure it's not the only one where this phenomenon is (or has) occurred.

So that's 269 clergy unaccounted for. Grease spots, no doubt.

Actually.....it's 299 clergy unaccounted for, because from 1985 - 1998 twi ordained 30 NEW GUYS that are included in that 1998 listing.

Then.........in looking at my list of those post-1992 ordinations, 6 of those exited or deceased.

And, in 1999.....martindale ordained another group of 25 men.

Anyhoo.....after that, my sources of information ran dry and I lost all interest. Shortly thereafter, martindale was ousted and MARTINDALE WAS LISTED 'GREASESPOT' CLERGY.

:B)

• Upvote 1

asides some extreme, bizarre psychological conditioning.. the only reason I'd see anybody slide back were if they were in a worse circumstance than der vey to begin with..

We're out. AND getting together. AND we're back in our right minds again (or close to it) I don't think we can understand why they'd slide back. From what I was told, they're not just going back to check things out....they are sticking. Maybe they're using it socially and "forgetting" about the previous spiritual stuff? Maybe they don't care about the entire organization being rotten at the top....their little group is ok? Ik was told it's beginning to feel like the old times.

• Upvote 1

asides some extreme, bizarre psychological conditioning.. the only reason I'd see anybody slide back were if they were in a worse circumstance than der vey to begin with..

We're out. AND getting together. AND we're back in our right minds again (or close to it) I don't think we can understand why they'd slide back. From what I was told, they're not just going back to check things out....they are sticking. Maybe they're using it socially and "forgetting" about the previous spiritual stuff? Maybe they don't care about the entire organization being rotten at the top....their little group is ok? I was told it's beginning to feel like the old times.

• Upvote 1

We're out. AND getting together. AND we're back in our right minds again (or close to it) I don't think we can understand why they'd slide back. From what I was told, they're not just going back to check things out....they are sticking. Maybe they're using it socially and "forgetting" about the previous spiritual stuff? Maybe they don't care about the entire organization being rotten at the top....their little group is ok? I was told it's beginning to feel like the old times.

Or maybe they are comfortable with that LOW JACK around there ankle on "house arrest"(spiritual probation! How stupid is THAT!)

What happend to Grace(oh thats right :doh: there interpretaion of God Word is a LIE!)

Gee I am glad about Galations 5:1!!!!