GreaseSpot Cafe

Why they stay

copenhagen

It was not a difficult decision to leave . . . and if someone really bought the teachings I don't see why it would be a difficult decision. We were taught to have to not have any deep connections in the first place.

Me, I told God I didn't care to spend eternity with Him. twi on earth was Hell enough.

I have some from DWA. One's about not rebelling against athority, another's about not being homo. they help me a lot.

Oops!

I must be slipping. That whole retemory thing started in DWA. That's the class that teaches that devil spirits are everywhere and they're out ta gitcha iffen ya don't watch out..Bwaaaahaha!

En Garde!

Edited by waysider

Oops!

I must be slipping. That whole retemory thing started in DWA. That's the class that teaches that devil spirits are everywhere and they're out ta gitcha iffen ya don't watch out..Bwaaaahaha!

En Garde!

You're possessed. God bless.

You're possessed. God bless.

Just a note. The word "possessed" was added to the KJV. greak is just daemonized . . . .

You're possessed. . . .

Well duh, so are you . . . everyone who looks on this website is. Except one or two lurkers pre-approved by her holiness the Q-tip.

:biglaugh:

. . .

Just a note. The word "possessed" was added to the KJV. greak is just daemonized . . . .

I thought "demon" was a softer way of saying debil spurt?

Well duh, so are you . . . everyone who looks on this website is. Except one or two lurkers pre-approved by her holiness the Q-tip.

:biglaugh:

I thought "demon" was a softer way of saying debil spurt?

You accused me of being possessed. The Devil is the great accuser. Therefore, you, Bolshevik, ARE the devil. God bless.

Me, I told God I didn't care to spend eternity with Him. twi on earth was Hell enough.

For me over time and perspective I came to realize that my relationship with God didn't start in TWI, and didn't end when I left. The problem was with the people and the organization, not me. What they taught me was how to be a Pharisee, not how to be a Christian.

• Upvote 1

Great point Shellon.

I guess I should of been more clear in my post.

I am in the Way but want out but am afraid of losing a spouse and family.

Just like what you were going thru.

I posted from the point of view of my personal life of my wife and family who have

seen and lived thru the b.s. but still stay.

Yes there are people like you 16 yrs ago and me now. I am looking at the mind set of people

like my wife who assume twi is God and to disobey the way is like spitting in God's face..

copenhagen

• Upvote 1

Good morning Copenhagen. Then you understand, as so many have and do, that it's just not as easy as 'pack yer crap honey, we're outa here' and s/he will surely pack yours too, just for effect and out of love.

It's a stressful daily gig at best huh?

Will keep you in prayers and look forward to the day, with you, when things are different for you AND your wife and family.

Shellon

www.shellonnorth.com

• Upvote 1

Thanks Shellon

It is a fine line to walk.

One I am willing to do for my wife.

Tzaia,

To answer your question, she would not like it and not leave me.

That being said if you believe that their is a kinder gentler way international,

I have a nice used car for you and some swamp land in Fla.

I have seen lots of people in my situation over the years break up.

The way wants you to follow and if one leaves its a new type of love bombing.

New and special projets for the inne spouse to do and keep them busy,and secluded.

They are taken under the wing of corp nazi's and given lots of one on one time.

Great truths are shared for corp meetings. The other innies want to spend lots of

time with this person and little hints, comments or statements are made over time

about the non standing spouse.

Add this to both of us having family in, I lose all support and left to wonder whats going on

while wife gets love bombed..

I have seen this and the area I am in the corp nazi leader does not like cop outs. He

really does note like having in his state one standing and one out. He has said in more then

one meeting the only reason for divorce is if a spouse leaves the way...

copenhagen

• Upvote 1

I've noticed (from my decidedly biased viewpoint) that it's usually the woman who really gets the religion bug. Hell, Norman Rockwell even painted a picture showing that. Maybe it's something about estrogen?

The tough part is, there's little room to reason, as the appeal of religion is almost entirely an emotional one. But divorce is so ugly, I'd do anything to avoid going down that road.

So, uh, yeah, I've been a lot of help, huh?

I understand your "willing to do for your wife" completely.

I think we do what we do until we don't, maybe it truly is that simple sometimes.

For us, my husband's death was certainly not the way I wanted us to get the hell out of there, but it's how it worked for us and yes, if he were still alive and our marriage had survived and he still said "we're staying" I'd be there now, cuz of the vows, period and the end.

Also for us, we didn't discuss the issue, we didn't have arguements about what to do, we didn't have to make choices that would cause either of us or our daughters or extended family(s) pain. I can't say we avoided it, I can't say we ignored it; I do not know. I do know that I knew what was going on in twi and worked my a** off to keep the cover on us. If my husband knew the same things I did, then he worked just as hard as I.

I also consider other dynamics of ones life that puts them in a "this is normal" for something like twi. Things like backgrounds, education, childhoods. For many of us that were raised in strong families and raised to stand hard and fast on our convictions, it contributed to our stay but it also made it very difficult to keep up the game face.

And George, I can of course respond only as a woman. We do tend to let the bug keep biting us since we're nuturers, we think of ourselves as the superglue, we have to do whatever we have to do to keep the poop in a group.

So, sometimes it only appears that we're more convicted to some religious gig.

We want our babies to grow up with some sense of who God is, we want some information to give them when they ask the tough ones,we don't want our kids to not have some base, we hold ourselves to different standards where managing our family is concerned.

Sadly, those standards are most often too high, unreasonable.

And if we see the family unit that is us falling into a gynormous pile of crap and we have a shred of hope, we'll do whatever it takes. Not to mention, as I've said, watching other women lose their babies in twi, or minimally having to figure out the dance of divorce and after in such an organization. We'll do whatever we have to if that can be avoided.

Not all of us, I get that.

• Upvote 1

To answer your question, she would not like it and not leave me.

That's too bad.

I used to think we could not make it if we diverged too much in our religious beliefs. It's happened and we've more than survived. It's actually better since we've removed that from the "must haves". I think it's a form of emotional blackmail to tell people that the only way to have a "good" marriage is if it's "God centered". That can allow someone else to define what "God centered" looks like.