GreaseSpot Cafe

Fellow Georgians please check in?

Psalm 71 one

We made it through last nights storms fine--a little water coming into the the wals around and the room below the fireplace, lost power for awhile as well as phones/cable, but we're fine. Lots of roads are blocked or washed out, may have trouble getting around for a few days, but we're still okay.

How are the rest of ya?

Mikey? Your area got hit pretty hard too--are you and family safe?

Other Georgians? Dot? Robes? Who am I missing? Raise yer hands and let us know you're okay, please?

• Upvote 1

We made it through last nights storms fine--a little water coming into the the wals around and the room below the fireplace, lost power for awhile as well as phones/cable, but we're fine. Lots of roads are blocked or washed out, may have trouble getting around for a few days, but we're still okay.

How are the rest of ya?

Mikey? Your area got hit pretty hard too--are you and family safe?

Other Georgians? Dot? Robes? Who am I missing? Raise yer hands and let us know you're okay, please?

Dot posted on facebook that she was ok...

my cousin was in Atlanta tonight and waiting for delayed flights out... she lives in the rural DC area...

• Upvote 2

Hey Psalmie thanks for asking bout us in the boonies. Glad you and yours are safe, we are too but yes we did get slammed with rain, the 100 yr flood is what old timers round here are saying, my driveway was a raging torrent but that was mild compared to the other damage and loss of life in the area. 56 roads were damaged and had to be closed and I think 4 folks drowned in Douglas Co, we lost a 2 yr old when his families mobile home got torn from its foundation and broke in two...mom dad and a 4 yr old clung to a tree for several hours before the rescuers could reach them and of course by then it was too late to effect a rescue of the infant, they did recover him later...prayers for their family is greatly appreciated.

I hope the rest of our Georgians are fine

Mike

Rocky thanks for letting us know about Dot--glad to hear she's fine. I hope your cousin wasn't delayed too long!

Mike, I know you got slammed in your neck of the woods! I read about the two year old--what a hard thing to go through! I have been praying for them.

We have several roads that are going to be closed for quite awhile while they rebuild the washed out parts. In dallas there's a sinkhole big enough to hide a tractor trailer--it's pretty wild to see! Do ya ever check Pauldingdotcom website? Lotta pictures posted there!