GreaseSpot Cafe

Another lesson on "Believing"

waysider

Is that the guy from Glad magazine?

He still owes me some $$

I paid for a multiyear subscription at the ROA in about 86-87 then he stopped publishing it or sending it out or something...Anyway I never got it.

Even in all the Weirdness of Way World I was pretty miffed at the time that he would take my money and run.

Interesting at your link that the very first thing I saw was

Send Me Your Money um "Partner With Us"

I went to the partner page

and saw this:

For only $50.00 per year, or $90.00 for two years you will have unlimited access to the material mentioned above...

Exactly the same BS he fed me 23 years ago :biglaugh::biglaugh: just with increased prices and a slightly different product

Some things never change...

I was a "partner" before, It basically means we partner in the deal of him taking my money.

I'll pass this time around

Edited by mstar1
  • Upvote 1

Good grief. Another offshoot. I remember this guy.

This just is another example of the downside of religious freedom in this country...start a non-profit (although looks like a for-profit outfit) and you too can "hold forth" your version of The Word.

What's the answer to this madness? Education. Education. Education. But that takes time and effort. Few seem to want to make that investment.

Is that the guy from Glad magazine?

He still owes me some $$

I paid for a multiyear subscription at the ROA in about 86-87 then he stopped publishing it or sending it out or something...Anyway I never got it.

Even in all the Weirdness of Way World I was pretty miffed at the time that he would take my money and run.

Interesting at your link that the very first thing I saw was

Send Me Your Money um "Partner With Us"

I went to the partner page

and saw this:

Exactly the same BS he fed me 23 years ago :biglaugh::biglaugh: just with increased prices and a slightly different product

Some things never change...

I was a "partner" before, It basically means we partner in the deal of him taking my money.

I'll pass this time around

$50 a year? hmmmm. . . . something doesn't seem right bout that.

I had no idea this was really happening. My stomach was churning as I flipped through that website. There is no person's name which was recognized by me ( oops there was one....a student) It's the same old same old. The stuff that was plagiarized for plaf ....is rearranged again. I don't want to turn melodramatic, but you have no idea how close to tears I am seeing this happen again!

He needs to believe for a better web designer. A dartboard? And text that can't be read? And so much javascript running that it slows my machine to a crawl? Sigh.

LOL Jim that was my first thought... I wish more people paid attention to the final product of their web page.

My second thought was Why can't these people STOP Spreading the TWI LIES!!!!! (((Hugs Krys)))

...spend their lives building an elaborate race car...

but its note even close to elaborate--Its more like one of those cars that kids build out of spare parts and trash they find in junk piles and want you to stretch your imagination to believe it will actually run without falling apart

stormin.jpg

I dont feel all that sorry for them--more like a source of amusement

What do you want him to do?

Are you hoping, dreaming or praying he will pay you back?

Well, my friends, the ball is in your court.

All you need to do is simply follow the advise posted on his web site.

"What do you want? What are your hopes or dreams; what are you praying for? Believing is the key to receiving your answers."

batmobile%20corgi%201%2042.jpg

Edited by waysider