GreaseSpot Cafe

John Lynn and STFI

fired JL?

that would be like *** ******* ************** firing ***** *****

:biglaugh:

I self- moderated the above post.

For the pleasure of the viewing audience..

Fire him? he's the "poster child" for ex-way offshoots or whatever, for crying out loud..

Let me add a more "sober" reply..

it would be like killing the goose, who laid the golden egg..

I didn't think he was "fireable" to begin with.. mog and all ya know..

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am surprised on this. Now Mark and Karen Grasser I understand. But John Lynn, unless he fled to Christian Family Fellowship Ministries.

It was most likely a "business" decision. I believe our Father needs each person willing to listen to Him and obey His will.

God has no favorites, does not recognize much of what the world will reward. But bible story after bible story will tell ya His people are the most important to Help Jesus Christ save mankind.

believe it or not.

all knees will bow.

All of theses people know the bible and are born again.. Gods will be done in all of our life I pray.

God has his way that is and most always will be a mystery to us, it is most LOVING to have his hand in our life to do His will and keep us safe in His steps.

it is a serious purpose. sigh . It is the work of the Lord most high.

not our own . we all long for a better day.

Still we can celebrate we know Him and he is risen and death can not hold the giver of life itself.

As we carry on in His chosen family I pray for safety and peace for all till the return and we can behold the KING of King face to face.

jesus commands we love one another as He loves us.

No matter what we chose to do he will be our friend and always our Saviour from the enemy . trust God.

pond - it's probably me, but I really can't make sense of what you are talking about.

tzaia

its peobably me but your posts sound like an angry bitter poster who just wants to generate ill feelings betwen brothers and sisters in christ. :wub:

a business decicion is what Im hoping this is all about. If it is doctrine based that would be a difficult to explain unless one of them has changed their mind set considerably , they wrote together for many years.

the direction of the ministry is what they say it is about ... that can mean many things with such a long friendship and business .

You know, back in April 1987, John L. was fired from TWI, and he went around the country, and letting all in twigs know about what the crap was happening in TWI. (I know about this cause I heard all about it on that tape he made in Orlando (I think it was) in October of that same year, and he was ....ed as all hell at TWI leadership. You could tell it in his voice for sure.)

This time he meekly goes to different fellowships teaching and collecting contributions in his can?!? ... Who cut _his_ genitals off and dropped them in a jar?

The guy should retire, call it quits, live off of his dad's inheritance, and start a Indianapolis Hoosiers basketball blog. <_<

tzaia

its peobably me but your posts sound like an angry bitter poster who just wants to generate ill feelings betwen brothers and sisters in christ. :wub:

a business decicion is what Im hoping this is all about. If it is doctrine based that would be a difficult to explain unless one of them has changed their mind set considerably , they wrote together for many years.

the direction of the ministry is what they say it is about ... that can mean many things with such a long friendship and business .

I don't want to generate ill feelings. I want to expose things for what they are. The problem is that 99% of the partners and others who financially support these people have NO idea what actually goes on.

You fire the guy who started the org and say nothing about it for months? Who does that kind of thing? Usually people who have something to hide.

• Like 1

I agree

I think even if we think are on a mission from God (big if there) after all what most have been through with twi drama we all should just retire now.

leave it be.

wait for the return of the Lord to set it all straight.

but...

this stuff is instilled as the reason to live.

idk life is very precious, to waste on fighting folks you claim to love forever.

I don't want to generate ill feelings. I want to expose things for what they are. The problem is that 99% of the partners and others who financially support these people have NO idea what actually goes on.

You fire the guy who started the org and say nothing about it for months? Who does that kind of thing? Usually people who have something to hide.

I was involved with twi in my very early 20's. I can blow off most of my bad choices as stupid young stuff.

Today thirty years later I cant. so I get what your saying really I do. The world at large is corrupt and we really do not know the whole truth in many matters.

That fact doesnt make it right and a christian org. should have better standards of disclosure one would guess but I no longer assume.

John didnt tell them he was leaving stf until a couple of months ago....to begin his own ministry, now they have to do damage control because they will lose money if some follow John away from supporting stf.

They have to take action now. If he would have slipped away and just lived a life you know oh well life goes on. But if he is gonna start another ministry that is competittion .

it is a business people will want to know why etc....

hence the announcement now. it is all a shame.

but for me I still appreciate the resources they have made available for so many concerning bible doctrine.

do I think they are all the adj one can think of when dealing with the down side of humanity? yeah it is why Im still waiting for better days and pray a great deal for everyone.

First thought on this?

Oh heck. Another splinter group forming up out there.

And now pond says, "John didnt tell them he was leaving stf until a couple of months ago....to begin his own ministry."

Pond, how do you know this?

Soon we won't be able to see the wood for the ... splinters...

At the top of a lot of GSC pages, we see JL's letter about the Truth about TWI.

Are we going to see his letter about the Truth about STFI next?

John didnt tell them he was leaving stf until a couple of months ago....to begin his own ministry, now they have to do damage control because they will lose money if some follow John away from supporting stf.

They have to take action now. If he would have slipped away and just lived a life you know oh well life goes on. But if he is gonna start another ministry that is competittion .

it is a business...

And that, my friends, is the entire crux of the problem of "Christian" organizations today..

Businesses.. That's all they are..

If they even hint at needing your money, run away, run away!

The baby that cries the loudest get's the milk, but are they really the ones with the need?

While real Christians are struggling with financial, marital, family, psychological problems.. Real problems! We instead support these business men.

We need to learn to take care of those who have need around us first!!! I doubt you'll find a shortage if you just open your eyes! And if it isn't the Christians around you with need, is those that haven't found Him yet.. When all those avenues are depleted, maybe and that's a very small "maybe", there might be something to help these "business" men with a so called ministry.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Pond,

Was JAL fired or did he leave? Either way, if he's gone and is starting his own thing, then there had to be some sort of philosophical parting of the ways.

One can only hope that he's had some sort of epiphany about what TWI taught, but I doubt it since he's targeting ex-way people.

• Upvote 1

it is a business people will want to know why etc....

John Lynn splitting out......to run his own gig. Oh, my! :doh:

Why does this not SUPRISE me??.......Wierwille did it.......Geer did it......the guys in Geerite movement did it.

This offshooting of offshoots has been going on A LONG TIME.

NOT SURPRISED.......NOT ONE BIT. :B)