GreaseSpot Cafe

John Lynn and STFI

Ok, I found out what the deal is about the grandkids. I was pretty sure it wasn't JWS. I wasn't going to wade through a bunch of stuff that I don't have any desire to hear just because someone here decided to be passive-aggressive. And yes, that's exactly what it is.

The whole problem with STF is that too much of TWI is at the core.

There is a foundational class - not to get anyone saved, but to teach the "logic" behind the beliefs. There's all this talk about using logic and even a whole article (maybe even an area) devoted to logical fallacies, yet they invoke them all the time. Why? because you have to in order to be a bible literalist. JWS apparently can't make the whole thing fit his theology using any of the various versions out there, so he's done a rewrite. I can't decide if it's arrogance or stupidity that drove him to do that.

Disagree with them? Well then you are either possessed, or someone has some sort of terrible prophetic words to say about you. Either way it is believed to be truth because they're insiders when it comes to the truth of God's word.

I just found out that even their marriage course was something from the makers Momentus. I tried to get them to do something mainstream, but they could just never bring themselves to do it.

Am I bitter? Not really. More along the lines of sad. They could have been something special. They all had it in them, but they got in their own way.

• Like 1

Oh, and I've said all this stuff out loud to their faces. The whole personal prophecy/possessed thing is a crock and I made no pretense that I believed otherwise, which is probably the reason why none of it was discussed in front of me. If JAL had told me what was really going on between E and him, I would have definitely handled it differently. I didn't ask for specifics because I didn't think it was my business.

I guess perhaps he finally figured out all this specialness does nothing more than drive wedges between people - at least until he finds the next really special thing out there.

El had some very harsh words to write to her new husband when they split. wow that was sad.

I was happy when they got back together... but they cant get along with one another . end of discussion really not JL and his wife they made a vow before God to love and all . but all the players seem to fight constantly .

gosh doesnt seem worth it to me the king of the hill doesnt get anything but a heap of dirt. hurting one another. for what?

it is sad .

it might have come down to his marriage or stf.

IDK.

but I know this none of them are people I would want to be "friends" with if this is the loyal type of love and hate they play.

Jesus gave us one another to love not fight and bicker with.

As the apostle Paul says and I believe it is better to stay single, lonely at times but trouble comes when your distracted by a unhappy union and both MG and JL report their marriages are nuts and unhappy alot.

that is sad.

I would rather be lonely sometimes, then into this kind of life style.

maybe it is worth it I do not know I chose to be single. looks crazy to me.

Marriage involves compromise - and lots of it. TWI and STF try to get around that issue by instilling the need for like-mindedness within a marriage. I don't care how much two people think alike, compromise is still a necessary element in a marriage. Compromise is not seen as a good thing in TWI and STF. The overlying goal is to get the women to be in subjection to the husband. When that isn't the way it is, things get very ugly.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

John Lynn was indeed fired. He sent an email about it this week. I received a copy of it.

Fascinating. I think he is still deluded about where all this is coming from.

Chockfull said this earlier today in another thread:

"I think lying to people is just a facade for hate masked in nice words and smiles. It lasts until you say or do something they don't like, then the real them comes out with a knife in the back."

Something to ponder.

• Upvote 2

JAL resigned (rather than be fired) from his paying position in January of 2005 (about the time of my exit). Even though I had lunch with him several months later, he never mentioned this. He might have offered that up at some point, but I made a point of steering the conversation away from CES. He was reinstated later, but at reduced hours due to "financial constraints," which apparently didn't constrain STF from purchasing a building.

I told JAL my take on this whole thing. Whether he thinks I'm right or not is up to him.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend says John S. had character problems concerning the relationship with his sister Sue for several years. How is that acceptable from a STFI president and John L. breaking off an engagement to a woman he did not kiss is not? The Board of STFI removed John L. from the Board of STFI with false prophecy and used that false prophecy against him.

Edited by Factfinder

• 1 month later...

When I first read JL's letter at that website it was pretty big news to me. He described in some detail things that made it clear to me that Wierwille made actually participating in TWI sexual abuse somewhat of a prerequisite for,"getting your ministry really moving" or words to that effect, from Wierwille to Lynn as best I recall now.

So what if since that time I have heard many things hear that cause me to believe he has many bad and/or dysfunctional things going on according to old TWI patterns; the man was at least one of very, very few who has given some details of the extent of their own and TWI's pattern of sexual abuse.

I think that it is likely that even though CSI has misused prophecy and other spiritual things it is very likely that they dare not deny the significance of the impact of Lynn's sharing some things publically.

Even if it is true that he carries on fairly consistently with the elitism, obfuscation, building on a faulty PFAL foundation (Obviously he still believes some of Wierwille's PR and SPIN), and other TWI leadership bad habits at least he was one of the few who pointed at Wierwille being the one that actually encouraged the sexual shenanigans. To me looking back that simple little fact made a difference for me too.

"Hold to a dream, Carry it up and down.

Follow a star, Search the world around.

Hold to a dream, Carry it close to me.

I'm frozen in time, You'll only set me free."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Edited by dmiller

Fascinating. I think he is still deluded about where all this is coming from.

Chockfull said this earlier today in another thread:

"I think lying to people is just a facade for hate masked in nice words and smiles. It lasts until you say or do something they don't like, then the real them comes out with a knife in the back."

Something to ponder.

Real them.. where have I heard that before..

will.. hmm. will the.. real ... *you* .. stand up...

• 7 years later...
On 10/8/2009 at 6:33 AM, GarthP2000 said:

You know, back in April 1987, John L. was fired from TWI, and he went around the country, and letting all in twigs know about what the crap was happening in TWI. (I know about this cause I heard all about it on that tape he made in Orlando (I think it was) in October of that same year, and he was ....ed as all hell at TWI leadership. You could tell it in his voice for sure.)

This time he meekly goes to different fellowships teaching and collecting contributions in his can?!? ... Who cut _his_ genitals off and dropped them in a jar?

The guy should retire, call it quits, live off of his dad's inheritance, and start a Indianapolis Hoosiers basketball blog. <_<

GP, you almost gave me a heart attack! For a minute, I thought someone was reading my mind.  I too think Lynn should retire, and live off his father's inheritance.  He is in his 70's, and is/was sick with Cancer. Cancer is not fun; I know from personal experience.  About the blog; that might be a good idea for John.  Anything to get him away from teaching The Bible!! 

On 10/13/2009 at 0:19 PM, Tzaia said:

Oh, and I've said all this stuff out loud to their faces. The whole personal prophecy/possessed thing is a crock and I made no pretense that I believed otherwise, which is probably the reason why none of it was discussed in front of me. If JAL had told me what was really going on between E and him, I would have definitely handled it differently. I didn't ask for specifics because I didn't think it was my business.

I guess perhaps he finally figured out all this specialness does nothing more than drive wedges between people - at least until he finds the next really special thing out there.

Tzaia, he is probably working on it already; why doesn't he retire, and just enjoy his money??!!

On 10/13/2009 at 2:11 PM, Tzaia said:

Marriage involves compromise - and lots of it. TWI and STF try to get around that issue by instilling the need for like-mindedness within a marriage. I don't care how much two people think alike, compromise is still a necessary element in a marriage. Compromise is not seen as a good thing in TWI and STF. The overlying goal is to get the women to be in subjection to the husband. When that isn't the way it is, things get very ugly.

Tzaia, I m glad that I am not involved with such foolish organizations; I would probably tell them to go F-themselves. Sometimes it is nice being single.

42 minutes ago, Rocky said:

As best we could tell, Garth has passed away.

Quite a few who used to post here regularly have passed on.

Well, let's face it, most of us aren't exactly *spring chickens* anymore. 

It's all part of life, I suppose.

Have some fun while you can. Fate's a fickle lady.

In heaven there is no beer.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, waysider said:

Quite a few who used to post here regularly have passed on.

Well, let's face it, most of us aren't exactly *spring chickens* anymore. 

It's all part of life, I suppose.

Have some fun while you can. Fate's a fickle lady.

In heaven there is no beer.

fyi Waysider, i think that tune is tongues without interpretation...unless it's straight prophecy in their own language

• Upvote 1

I like that tune also, Waysider....and I'm hearing a pattern here...they both sound Polka-ish...anyway...I understood one word in last tune "thought I was your only vato"...I worked with another technician years ago - he was from Mexico...anytime we were assigned to the same project we'd announce "vato and gringo together again"