GreaseSpot Cafe

You Know You are in a Screwed Up Cult When You

Tzaia

...can't or won't or feel uncomfortable when you are in a "normal" conversation with people.

What is a "normal" conversation? Maybe I should ask the guy in the bible who had to listen to his donkey lol.

I work with a population that does not use language as their basic means of communication and I also have many conversations with those that have english as a second language.

Please define what "normal" conversation is. We do say what alot alot lol. I love it. words are not the most important communication tool in my world. haha

. . . . you're minister explains that he almost stopped to help a person stranded on the side of the road but decided not to because the devil was merely trying to keep him from coming to a bible meeting.

...can't or won't or feel uncomfortable when you are in a "normal" conversation with people.

. . . ah yeah. it's cuz you weren't preaching the word. you gots to bring the conversation back to the word. <_<

You are in a Christian organization,and those who run it,tell you are not christian.

Ya, the important thing to remember with this one is that TWI wouldn't exist if it weren't for the Christian Church. Wierwille was trained in the Christian church. He learned to preach in a Christian College. The works that he taught from came from Christians. Basically TWI only existed because it used the bible to manipulate people. If it weren't for the mainstream Christian church it never would have came into being.

... when your "spiritual leader" tells you not to communicate with your parents and you so you don't.

... when you are called to a meeting in which you know you are going to be scrutinized and criticized by a group of you peers, and you go, cause you think it is in your best interest.

... when you go to a bible advance, because they don't "retreat", and while you all listen to a song "wash my feet in the blood of the wicked" the crowd claps and cheers.

... when the leader of your church sings "Redneck Mother" at your annual get together. No wait that's you might be a redneck if...

Edited by lindyhopper

You stand in a muddy cornfield in Ohio EVEN THOUGH you would rather visit your relatives!

Oh yeah ....

.... You are told that the crew working the 'Honey Wagon' in that cornfield are soooo spiritual because they are are helping to 'Move The Word' by pumping ****

...find yourself doing dishroom and other menial chores at HQ, which is more important than [being allowed to] attend your sister's wedding...

...have no knowledge of outside events and still wonder if it's true that the Berlin wall has come down...

...when you break down in tears after over a week of 20-hour days, and those responsible wonder chastise you for not being spiritually on top of things...

...give up a professional career and find yourself cleaning out hen houses in a potato field...

Burn them? Aren't most toys plastic? Bet that smelled. Nice memory. I'm sorry for you.

And welcome to the Cafe. It's nice to have you here.

JT

Thanks, I just found this forum and its great! Ya the Way in our area (southern california) had a Burning of the Chaff and from talking to others no one else has had the pleasure of this event. I was about 9 and we had to go threw the house and take any and all things devilish (which was about 90% of our toys) and had a big bon fire on the beach and burnt everything.