GreaseSpot Cafe

Real Food

Shellon

Well, thank God I don't eat McDonald's any more (too much fat and sugar for a diabetic).

I've been reading this book, to my husband's alarm, that suggests meat ain't all that good for you, especially pork. I'm not going to try to "convert" him but I'm seriously thinking about altering my diet, if for no other reason than it's hard on your body to digest red meat. I plan to have big salads and stuff for me, with tuna or chicken, while he enjoys his pork chops, etc.

We buy 5 lb of pork sausage, make it into patties, wrap them up and freeze them in the big freezer downstairs. He keeps wondering why we have so much left, as he munches on his turkey bacon.

Hmmmmm.

WG

Watching this video with the 4-year-old french fries that look exactly like "fresh" ones ALMOST made me drive past Mickey D's last night. I expected to have trouble eating french fries from there again, but no-o-o-oh.

I did get chicken selects instead of my usual quarter-pounder with cheese, but I ate the fries like I normally do and didn't even think of how nasty they really are. Kinda like hot dogs, which I enjoy very rarely, but if I stop to think about it I won't eat hot dogs.

Whew, close one there! :wacko:

Is the perpetual burger and fries in the fasty food business exclusive to MickieD's? I doubt it.

Good point. I was going to post earlier but was busy at the new house. How about Wendy's? Burger King? How come it is always McD's that gets picked on? (e.g. "supersize me") and no one ever gets on TV and says - Oh yeah - BTW - Burger King fries are the same as McD's....

We've never been into fast food in my family - but I sure can''t tell the difference when someone comes back to work from McD's or Wendy's. And to refute the woman on the vid - "Why do we feed this to our children?" Well lady - I never did feed them that so stop with your all inclusive we sh(t. She also never bothered to mention that both salt and fat can act as preservatives (most people know about salt but there used to be products called "fatted meats" - meats packed in layers of fat to preserve them over the winter....does she think that somehow McD's is magically introducing special chemicals and drugs into the potatoes? He(( I am NO supporter of fast food but she simply has her little crusade going...I was waiting for her to say that not eating McD's develops more harmony in the home.