GreaseSpot Cafe

The Sin @ AI and Resultant Stoning

sky4it

Sky4it,

Then, somewhere along the line you missed the reasoning. You know you athiests are always so big on INGNORANCE, but you ignore EVERYTHING that doesnt reason itself out to your own self satisfaction.

Who ever said that it was God’s will to make man in his own image? .....

..... (etc., etc., etc., ad infinitum) :wacko: :redface:

Oh and don’t forget, ...

..... (more etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum) :wacko: :redface:

Hope all of this helps.

NOT!

I ignore EVERYTHING that doesn't allow for scrutiny and independent thought. A process which admittedly, I do find self-satisfactory. So yeah, guilty as charged. :spy:

Edited by GarthP2000

Sky, honey, I am not saying you are talking too long or much. It was all about the spacing. I was serious about my tri-focals. After about 5 sentences I have to put a piece of paper on the screen and read the sentences. I have to do the same with a book. By the way we southerners say things like honey and stuff like that.

Are you really serious about the stoning for the here and now...like today times? Surely, you jest.

And Geisha, you have no idea what I know from folks I communicate with on a daily basis (when the internet cafe is available to them)that live in South Africa, Pakistan, Indonesia and Kenya.

And Geisha, you have no idea what I know from folks I communicate with on a daily basis (when the internet cafe is available to them)that live in South Africa, Pakistan, Indonesia and Kenya.

Apparently not the issue of stoning if you have to ask if it is a relevant topic. . . . Honey.

Edited by geisha779

Garth,

You own the moral high ground here. . . . and as you are aware. . . . Jesus. . . . who came to reveal God. . . never picked up a stone to throw.

He was like you in that he hated religiosity. Called it out at every turn. . . . and more than ticked off many religious zealots of the day.

Are you SURE you are not His follower? Sometimes you do sound like Him.

Are you SURE you are not His follower? Sometimes you do sound like Him.

((snickers)) ... I wouldn't tell that to some of the more ... fundamentalist of believers here. :biglaugh:

But seriously, one does not have to be a 'follower of Jesus' to be against religiosity and religious zealots.

But thanks for the intended compliment. :spy:

Edited by GarthP2000

Sky, honey, I am not saying you are talking too long or much. It was all about the spacing. I was serious about my tri-focals. After about 5 sentences I have to put a piece of paper on the screen and read the sentences. I have to do the same with a book. By the way we southerners say things like honey and stuff like that.

Are you really serious about the stoning for the here and now...like today times? Surely, you jest.

One of the most beautiful hymns ever wrote and sung, by Rebecca StJames, pretty much sums up what I believe.

So I'm driving into work this morning, minding my own business – not thinking about Grease Spot or anything. Listening to one of my favorite CDs [given to me by Pawtucket – well.. . ok, so I thought about Grease Spot for a millisecond there but anyway it was.. .] – Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention's "MoFo" CD.

It was a nice way to step into my day when all of a sudden one of the tracks jolted me into awareness about something on this thread. I realized how narrow the discussion has been – only focusing on the two sides of the situation – the one who throws the stone or the one who gets hit by the stone. But no one – and I mean no one has given any thought to the stone's perspective. Yes, what does the stone think about this issue?

Ah, the sweet experience of drifting off into another reverie in La La Land – as track # 13 pulsed out of the automobile's Asian-built sound system – getting lost in the hypnotic effect of this American band's Middle Eastern-like drone [making a mental note of the juxtaposition of cultures in this auditory experience]. The tune is only some 4 minutes & change long – but it was long enough to get me to see a whole new aspect of the situation. It was almost like a revelation.. .uhm.. .er, hmmm.. . or discovery – yes that's it, a discovery! That's when it hit me - like maybe how an incredible idea hit Sir Newton's mind in the form of an apple – only in my case it was a stone.

The title of track # 13 is "Help, I'm a Rock".. .. . and now you know the rest of the story

This is T-bone wishing you all "good day"

hmmm T-Bone. Could it be that you were (ahem) stoned?

Which brings up a good point – put yourself in the rock's shoes. Sure, you may laugh but I've got a friend who lives in Boulder, Colorado – he was telling me the other day about the rise of stone-on-stone crime. He said it's getting so bad even the churches aren't safe anymore - someone vandalized the Garden of the Gods.

What's the last thing the rock said before the avalanche? "Stampede!"

Conversation of two Punk Rockers channel surfing for music videos:

Bloodrock: not interested in "So You Think You're a Rock Star" – it's a repeat. Oh, hey here's Stonehedge - great classic rock!

Rockmaninov: They suck – the guitarist wouldn't know a bar chord from a hole in the ground.

Bloodrock: What do you know - Mesolithic is ahead of his time – he's a tasteful guitarist with an understatement style – which a lot of listeners take for granite.

Rockmaninov: Ooh, check out Easter Island!

Bloodrock: Oh man, I hate that cheesy Christian Rock stuff. Nice - here's Mount Rushmore.

Rockmaninov: Aw geez dude, you're into Glam Rock? That's just sad.

• 2 months later...

This is all my opinion:

I've always believed that the bible is full of errors. But I don't stop there. The bible is not only full of translation errors, it's impossible for us to understand the details of civilizations that existed thousands of years ago where 90+ percent of people on the earth couldn't read.

The word of God is 100% true, but the Bible is only partially the word of God.

To me, Jesus made it pretty clear what God thinks about stoning when he stood against it.

The old testament and every book of the bible was written by MEN. God inspired them, but do you think that every word that these MEN wrote down was in fact true? I don't. I think many concepts are there, but we must use our critical thinking ability to see the evils and errors within these men, and within the translations of the bible, and the differences of cultures.

A new testament example is Paul. Paul was a murderer, and just because he changed his name doesn't make him innocent. I always keep that in mind when I read romans. He says that homosexuals are worthy of death.

Well, that doesn't surprise me, Paul pretty much had a history of thinking people deserved to die. He seems to change his tune in Eph. when he says we wrestle not against flesh and blood.

I just believe that if we are not making decsions based on love, grace, mercey, and we our choices fall into steal, kill, destroy, we are not following Gods word, because god is love, and the words that love would speak, cannot be anything but love.

^--- = my opinion, i respect that many may disagree.

This is all my opinion:

I've always believed that the bible is full of errors. But I don't stop there. The bible is not only full of translation errors, it's impossible for us to understand the details of civilizations that existed thousands of years ago where 90+ percent of people on the earth couldn't read.

The word of God is 100% true, but the Bible is only partially the word of God.

To me, Jesus made it pretty clear what God thinks about stoning when he stood against it.

The old testament and every book of the bible was written by MEN. God inspired them, but do you think that every word that these MEN wrote down was in fact true? I don't. I think many concepts are there, but we must use our critical thinking ability to see the evils and errors within these men, and within the translations of the bible, and the differences of cultures.

A new testament example is Paul. Paul was a murderer, and just because he changed his name doesn't make him innocent. I always keep that in mind when I read romans. He says that homosexuals are worthy of death.

Well, that doesn't surprise me, Paul pretty much had a history of thinking people deserved to die. He seems to change his tune in Eph. when he says we wrestle not against flesh and blood.

I just believe that if we are not making decsions based on love, grace, mercey, and we our choices fall into steal, kill, destroy, we are not following Gods word, because god is love, and the words that love would speak, cannot be anything but love.

Yeah...all that. Nice post.

@ Garth: LOL, I'm with you, man.

@ sky: Who cares if stoning equals execution or not? It's a barbaric act. Check out the Islamic fundamenalist pigs in the video geisha posted. Enough said.