GreaseSpot Cafe

...in the name of God.

GrouchoMarxJr

I don't know...maybe it's just me, but what really chaps my arse is these guys lying in the name of God. Wierwille had his own "divine connection" as he bent us over and lived the good life...and lying in the name of God every step of the way (pun intended)...

...but why stop with Wierwille? These hucksters on tv should be strung up...from Creflo Dollar to that Osteen jerk in Texas...they are all raking in BIG BUCKS...in the name of God.

Isn't it bad enough that religion is behind politics, wars and human suffering?...apparently not...today we suffer from "Christian television"...the older I get, the less tolerance I have for these religious bigots and grifters...

...any thoughts?

Show me thuh money!!!!!

I watched one guy for a few minutes, and he said, the more money you send the bigger seed you plant for your prosperity and healing.

I call it politick'in religion. It goes on, too, in churches not on tv.

It has been my experience that most are in it for the money.

There was a time in this country, and many others, that the preacher ( along with the doctor) was amongst the poorest in the community.

Groucho you have touched on one of the things that truly fries my liver.

I have seen a few of the genuine pastors whose passion was to teach and guide their congregations in any and all ways needed to the best of their ability.

Those on TV can get away with their nonsense because nobody knows enough about them personally. Do you want to know what a man thinks of God hang out with him for a while.

I'll have to make an effort this weekend and watch one or two of the "preachers" and see what they're preaching nowadays. I'll have to watch on an empty stomach, though....I'd like to minimize the sickness.

I'm beginning to think this way about religion, If they solicit money as an integral part of their program, they ain't about God but themselves. And if you are a minister and have to put on makeup prior to your service, you are doing it for yourself. And all ministers should get off TV and make room for "My Mother the Car" reruns.