GreaseSpot Cafe

Why post on GSC?

OldSkool

I have lurked here a long time. When I was in TWI I thought some of the posts were informative but I mostly thought that people needed to "get over it" and move on. Funny how one's view point can do a one eighty.

First let's start with the "get over it" part. I think I formed this view from cliches I learned in TWI like "you will stay hurt as long as you want to". Yikes! Doesn't this sort philosophy deny a person the process of dealing with their emotions? I mean after all, God gave us the emotions in the first place. Dealing with emotions is detailed in the Old Testament so many times. Anger and distress? Let's rent the mantle. Grief? Let's sit in sack cloth and ashes. What would others do to help? in Job's case his friends showed up and sat with him for seven days without saying a word. (Ya, I know - they attacked him later) David, and others, poured out their hearts in prayer. In those same prayers they even complained at times and probably expressed what TWI would consider "negative confessions" in their prayers! I believe these are examples of healthy processes of dealing with one's emotions.

Now, TWI thinks they can come along and say we stay hurt as long as we want to? I wish emotions worked that way. Like I could just turn them off. Not dealing with emotions is VERY unhealthy. I'm here cause I totally immersed myself in TWI's subculture, classes, programs, positions of service - everything the ministry had to offer. Now that I am out and living a "new" life I have come to realize that my relationship with God and Jesus Christ had been hi-jacked by an organization that set themselves in place of Christ as the head of the Body. So, I'm a little upset at the matter. I am also very upset by how I was treated in the last year and a half of my involvement. I need to deal with some of these things.

Why do that in a public forum? Three reasons. 1) Support from others who have been through similar experiences. 2) This is my way of holding TWI accountable for their hypocritical, ungodly practices. 3) Leave a warning sign for other's who are considering TWI as their home.

Why are you posting here?

• Like 1

You'll find most are here for much the same reasons.

Plus, it helps to be able to "talk things over" with others who understand because they've been subjected to more or less the same junk, even if at different times of TWI history. Strangers who have never had affiliation with TWI just wonder why you put up with it so long.

Enjoy getting your mind straight!

You'll find most are here for much the same reasons.

Strangers who have never had affiliation with TWI just wonder why you put up with it so long.

Enjoy getting your mind straight!

For me a couple of the reasons I put up with it for so long was I really thought TWI had a bead on the truth. As if what they taught could not be found anywhere else. I thought no one had the store house of truth TWI does. I even told my self, because of the abuses, that if there were somewhere else to go that taught the truth I would go there.

Another reason was I thought I could change things. As if to say that TWI doctrine was all true and only the practices were skewed.

I've had to face the fact that I was manipulated and controlled by the power structure in TWI. Of course they would deny such things. Have the blind that led the blind ever really known where they were going?

• Like 1

Some people post here as a warning to others, some as a way to sort out what they went through or put another way as part of a healing process. Some post so others may know that it wasn't "just them" that had various issues with twi.

There are also other forums here at GS that frequent other than the twi topics. We can get into some interesting debates, because we do not have to think the same way (and this is a good thing).

As part of a disclaimer, the forums and posts here do not replace and/or take the place of mental health professionals. Some people who have posted here have been helped by the services of mental health professionals.

OldSkool said

For me a couple of the reasons I put up with it for so long was I really thought TWI had a bead on the truth. As if what they taught could not be found anywhere else. I thought no one had the store house of truth TWI does. I even told my self, because of the abuses, that if there were somewhere else to go that taught the truth I would go there.

And he/she is perfectly correct. Nobody had the "truth" twi did..... [and now looking back....I wonder if they didn't make it up as they went along]

To say hi to Linder et al.

:wave:

He gets paid to come here. They are crazy enough to suspect that someone may post some harmful intent concerning the prez (their unofficial WOG). He does some secret service type missions for those yay-hoos as part of his job. It's crazy that the BOD's egos are so big that they really believe that they are standing in the gap up there in their cornfield for all us ignorant unbelievers by keeping the adversary at bay with their uber-believing. And yes, they are that paranoid and have been for years. Frankly I find them quite insignificant in the scheme of things. Funny how being abusive to people for years, in the name of the Lord, seems to generate an extreme paranoia. Uhh...guilty conscience maybe?

Edited by OldSkool

which suggests to me there is a whole heck of lot more "dirt" than one could dream of. The "dirt" that came out with the lawsuits, depositions, etc was bad enough..

That would explain the *extreme* paranoia, at least to me.. perhaps they know far more than we know..

wait till l*nder gets a raw deal, or p*ssed off enough.. or something. Notice I didn't say "grow a conscience" or anything.. that might be asking too much..

:biglaugh:

Edited by Ham

....ed off enough is about right. I'm surprised the whole mona-vie fiasco didn't reach GSC last year. Long and short of it is l*nd@r started selling mona-vie to folks at HQ. R*s@lie flipped. Her and others went on a witch hunt. I should start a new thread on this. Will do later tonight. Stand by..