GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI's own dialect

OldSkool

Yeah, I remember that. Then, once back home, people would go to the mall and practice trying to see what kind of "heart" passers-by had. It's another one of those things that simply can't be proven true or false. There's no way to know what he "saw". Was he making that stuff up, did he borrow it from someone else, was he delusional or all of the above?

'nuff fer now. Just thought that would tickle your earballs.

Yup it do – guess we're "likeminded".

Yeah and that reminds me – since you brought up a "Welcome Back Kotter" episode on a couple of other threads recently – I can just imagine a mall episode with the Sweathogs, fresh out of the Advanced Class:

Arnold Horshack: Hey Epstein quit staring at that lady's breasts – her husband's gonna catch you and come over here and kick your a$ $.

Juan Epstein: I'm just waiting on some Big Daddy rev – whether she's got a white heart or a black heart.

Vinnie Barbarino: Yeah Epstein, you say you're reaching up into Daddy's cookie jar – but I can tell when you're thinking about the laying on of hands.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The use of the word "wonderful". As in, our "wonderful" BOD. Everything is "wonderful". A corollary to that asking someone how they are and they respond "as He is". And, "understanding the heart" regarding a policy.

They are so totally Stepford wives that when you wake up they start sounding like Pollyanna on crack.

Not sure if anyone hit these...but I hate them the most!

:love3: Believer - Someone who actively and regularly 'fellowships' with twi (includes ABS).

:confused: Unbelieving believer - Someone who is not so faithful to attend or obey twi directives (includes ABS)

:evildenk: Cop Out - Someone who once took a class, or attended a twi fellowship, but no longer does. This status

is permanent, unless they wake up, and prove themselves worthy to return, and do so. This person could

have left, is healing the blind, bringing deliverance, etc........still retains cop-out status.

With regards to "cop out" - twits use it as an insulting term, and is thrown on someone regardless of their

situation or circumstances. On a personal level, this is one of the reasons I started a thread

regarding the term "spin off" often used here, and at times, in a similar manner. Some of those s.o. people

I respect and like what they endeavor to do in sincerity. Just an added thought...not meant to complain or antagonize. :rolleyes:

On a personal level, this is one of the reasons I started a thread

regarding the term "spin off" often used here, and at times, in a similar manner. Some of those s.o. people

I respect and like what they endeavor to do in sincerity. Just an added thought...not meant to complain or antagonize. :rolleyes:

I remember that thread and I posted there. When I use that term it is to identify groups that use TWI as their base in what they teach and/or do. Maybe other people use the term to "put people down" but I use it to identify those groups. That's why I used the term in my article recently; it is important to understand what groups we're talking about.

That said, I think it's important to remember that when spin-off groups continue to repeat TWI errors, we should ask some serious questions, no matter how sincere they are...

Speaking of "Bless your heart" a whole bunch of heartisms just flooded my heart – as vp would say "it blew my heart out"

I remember when I was an assistant TC in grad school. Our branch had some witnessing program going on, and when my BC asked if my TC and I were doing it, I had to admit, no, not really. He tried to help by saying it was the "heart" of the thing that mattered. To which I replied, "Heart without works is dead!" :)

George

Not sure if anyone hit these...but I hate them the most!

:love3: Believer - Someone who actively and regularly 'fellowships' with twi (includes ABS).

:confused: Unbelieving believer - Someone who is not so faithful to attend or obey twi directives (includes ABS)

:evildenk: Cop Out - Someone who once took a class, or attended a twi fellowship, but no longer does. This status

is permanent, unless they wake up, and prove themselves worthy to return, and do so. This person could

have left, is healing the blind, bringing deliverance, etc........still retains cop-out status.

With regards to "cop out" - twits use it as an insulting term, and is thrown on someone regardless of their

situation or circumstances. On a personal level, this is one of the reasons I started a thread

At one time the phrase was "tripped out", i.e. "He's a tripped out grad". I figure the hippies must have brought that in and its a throwback to the drug culture. Then we were sternly told to quit saying "tripped out". Looks like "cop out" replaced it. Hmm, that's so much better.

Edited by erkjohn

How about the word "profitable"? Someone would talk about something like it was inside information and arouse your curiosity. When you would ask about what they were talking about, they would say, "It wouldn't be profitable to say any more". They would say it in a "holier than thou" manner too. Eww! That drove me nuts! Good thing I've worked through all those issues! I would elaborate more, but it wouldn't be profitable.

How about the word "profitable"? Someone would talk about something like it was inside information and arouse your curiosity. When you would ask about what they were talking about, they would say, "It wouldn't be profitable to say any more". They would say it in a "holier than thou" manner too. Eww! That drove me nuts! Good thing I've worked through all those issues! I would elaborate more, but it wouldn't be profitable.

There were some things that were "pofitable" for everyone to know. "It would really be pofitable for your life to abundantly share all your time and money."

How about "You are not spiritual enough to understand it." That was said to me once when a housemate had left the door unlocked, enabling some neighboring teen to cruise right in during the night and make off with my purse, containing cash, driver's license, credit cards and contact lenses. This woman informed me we had been burglarized by this same person before because the door was left unlocked, and when I inquired why (a) no one told me about the intruder, and (b) she was leaving the door unlocked when she KNEW about it, this was her reply: "You aren't spiritual enough to understand it, and also you are not spiritual enough to believe God to leave your purse out where the intruder can see it and not have it stolen."

Oh, gag me with a blue book! That is the stupidest thing I ever heard! The idiot refused to tell me who the intruder was, and consequently I never reported it to the police. (I was also shamed at the very suggestion). Eventually the police caught the miscreant, who had of course stolen my ID, money and Visa, in addition to cosmetics, but kindly left my dried-up contact lenses. The policeman was not impressed by my lame-azzed explanation as to why I had not reported it, either, pointing out that several others had subsequently been burglarized because of my reluctance to involve the police.

I hope I NEVER see that damn fool woman again as long as I live!

WG

If you were doing anything not sanctioned by TWI, it was "carnal" or "natural man" which was "bondage." The only way one could truly be "free" was by doing what someone else in TWI wanted you to do because chances are that your choices would be carnal.

As our manner is, my brothers and I like to use catch phrases and biblical quotes (hell, just about anything) as euphemisms for going to the bathroom or other crude (read funny among us)

behavior.

eg.

"unproductive evil" = constipation... obviously someone with this problem is not believing hard enough. "Believing images of victory" is also an unpopular but effective method.

"I need to go boldly before the throne of grace" ... you get the idea.

"I've seriously got to burn the chaff"... light a match, will ya?

"spiritual hitchhikers?" try Charman's.

Someone totally needs to write a book with a collection of these phrases and I put forward this title: "The Spiritual Hitchhiker's Guide to the Ministry."

As our manner is, my brothers and I like to use catch phrases and biblical quotes (hell, just about anything) as euphemisms for going to the bathroom or other crude (read funny among us)

behavior.

eg.

"unproductive evil" = constipation... obviously someone with this problem is not believing hard enough. "Believing images of victory" is also an unpopular but effective method.

"I need to go boldly before the throne of grace" ... you get the idea.

"I've seriously got to burn the chaff"... light a match, will ya?

"spiritual hitchhikers?" try Charman's.

Someone totally needs to write a book with a collection of these phrases and I put forward this title: "The Spiritual Hitchhiker's Guide to the Ministry."

ROFLMAO!! :drink: