GreaseSpot Cafe

Whatever happened to

bowtwi

Harve Platig and Michael Fort? Weren't they rising stars in the cult? Wasn't Harve a VP at one point? Have they flown the coop?

Is Howard Allen still living on grounds?

Harve Platig was not a yes man. He was known to speak his mind and disagree with Rozilla. He is a branch coordinator in florida now.

Michael Fort will not do anything for the ministry beyond the branch level. I understand he doesn't like the example RosaLIE made of him during a corps meeting in the late 90s. He was offered the Limb of Kentucky a couple years ago and refused. :eusa_clap:

Howard is still on grounds and will be till his last breath. He is a very over rated and opinionated man. He participates in all the director group meetings but really doesn't have too much authority around there any more.

Edited by OldSkool

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Harve seemed to be quite different than the rest.

I know of 2 separate incidents with 2 different people

who were wronged. He went out of his way to personally

fix the situations....for one of them, he made some

high up muckety mucks go back and apologize to the guy who

was wronged.

You cannot have that type of concern at Trustee level, now

can you?

Yes Harve and Linder started the communication. They registered here. I emailed them and asked for verification as many have registered as a leader of TWI but weren't. They said to call and ask for them at Headquarters. They were called and offered front page posting of any letter that they wanted published concerning the care of Mrs. Wierwille. They sent over a Word document. We published their letter negating some of the charges that JP Wierwille claimed.

The impact of posting that was Enormous. The Way was acknowledging GreaseSpot Cafe as the place to disseminate information for the ex-wayfer and current wayfer community. They Validated us!!

Since Harve was the main link, I think that was a big part of his demise on the Board. I'm sure the last thing that the Board wanted was to validate and admit that GS was the place to get information about TWI.

...Howard is still on grounds and will be till his last breath. He is a very over rated and opinionated man. He participates in all the director group meetings but really doesn't have too much authority around there any more.

Doesn't that say anything to the general twi population? Mrs. Wierwille was put out to pasture at a nursing home, yet Howard the pig will remain on grounds till his last breath! :confused: And Donna Martindale remains despite her husband having been moved off grounds while how many corps were marked and avoided along with their spouses supposedly on account of the "one flesh" deal?

I'm so thankful they kicked me out. :eusa_clap:

Doesn't that say anything to the general twi population? Mrs. Wierwille was put out to pasture at a nursing home, yet Howard the pig will remain on grounds till his last breath! :confused: And Donna Martindale remains despite her husband having been moved off grounds while how many corps were marked and avoided along with their spouses supposedly on account of the "one flesh" deal?

I'm so thankful they kicked me out. :eusa_clap:

Ya, the hypocrisy is glaring. Since the Allen lawsuit, and since they apparently listen to their lawyers now, they will not make any attempt to provide anything that even resembles long term health care. They have the ERT and Healing support and they are trained first responders and/or nurses. They defer matters to the hospital and/or Doctors very quickly.

Mrs. Wierwille had become senile and had started to wander off on her own at odd hours of the night. Before she went into the nursing home she fell one afternoon while out on a walk. She was pretty incoherent. I saw the entire incident. I digress. My point is TWI will not take care of people's long term medical needs. I think this especially true of older people. Bottom line is they are not licensed or qualified to provide these types of services. If Howard has similar problems as Mrs. Wierwille he will not be able to stay there either.

As for Donna, what can I say? Her lifetime assignment is the wife of the President of The Way International. It seems it doesn't matter who the prez is. Male or female.

Edited by OldSkool

Back in the day, all of my interactions with MF were positive. His stagnation in the way still ceases to amaze me. I always thought he would do something with his life.

It's hard to say why he sticks around. There are a lot of Way Corps that will never go near Headquarters because they know of many of the abuses that occur there and they want no part of it. A lot of people still believe that there is no place on earth that has the biblical accuracy that TWI does. Simply is not true because I could start naming offshoots as I write this that have taken many TWI concepts much further and debunked a lot of stuff that Vic taught. Too bad many of them can't stop acting like TWI.

Anyways, a lot of the field Corps are in their own fiefdoms and do not support HQ any more than they have to. I decided to leave because I can't live with that level of hypocrisy. I can't say what Michael Forts deal is. He is married to Howard's daughter, perhaps that factors in? He is a really good teacher/public speaker. I wish him the best.

Michael Fort was very kind to me during my interim year at HQ (1983-84) and for the first block of my final year (when he was moved to Emporia to be an assistant Corps Coordinator). You would not have wanted a kinder, more supportive friend and coordinator. He seemed to have nothing but contempt (maybe disappointment and regret, I don't know) for me when I left the Corps in May of 1985 after a horrible LEAD evaluation, six weeks before I was to have graduated. We talked after that on the phone, though, and he was cordial and supportive. I have written him several times since I left the Way on January 11, 1996, but have never received a reply. I wish him and his family the best ... not because of what he has done since then, but for the kind and supportive friend he was during a difficult time in my life. I know he has done unkind things since then, but I speak only for that period of time in my life.

Edited by DogLover

I have written him several times since I left the Way on January 11, 1996, but have never received a reply.

That's typical. I've been treated the same way by people I thought loved me and my family. They scour suburban America for the new "devout" person and then treat their long standing people like dirt. Then when you leave they ignore you or try to scare you or just plain insult you. And they expect the person who has left to come crawling back when they learn that outside "the household" there is weeping a gnashing of teeth. What a joke. I'll never go back!! I am free and prosperous since I left them. I guess their blasphemy knows no bounds because I am sure it's the devil that has prospered me with his bread crumbs...egads. :asdf: