GreaseSpot Cafe

Your Fridge

Shellon

I cleaned out my fridge yesterday, ew. I'm moving next month so am trying to get the contents down to where there isn't alot left in freezer to have to deal with, etc.

After yesterday's purge, it looks weird in there, both freezer and fridge.

A pecan pie for a day when I'm needing something sweet, a few roasts, Kelly's DNA stuff, I think the ice tray is empty (annoying, right?), gallon of milk, some bread, and I think a pizza. That's the freezer.

Fridge is some condiments, last night's chicken alfredo left overs and a half eaten Plum, ew. Some aspargus, tofu, my vitamins and Kelly's Science experiment which I am avoiding at all costs. That's the fridge part. The cat was in there for a little while but that was an accident.

Oh and my step mom brought me some of her amazing speghetti sauce, that's supper tonight.

What's in yours?

You freeze milk? Brilliant!

We have a gallon of milk, a gallon jug filled with tap water, a bottle of my Irish cream flavored creamer, store-bought tortillas, shredded cheddar cheese, an 18-pack of eggs, half a loaf of healthnut bread, a tub of store brand margarine, a 5-lb bag of flour, 2 Vidalia onions and a white onion, a bunch of celery, a bag of carrots, half a 5-lb bag of potatoes and assorted jams, jellies and preserves. We are out of ketchup and pickles, but we normally have those in there too.

In the freezer are 2 ice cube trays (both half empty, one of my pet peeves), a pound of burger, 3 lbs of chicken thighs and legs, a beef roast, half a bag of frozen hash brown potatoes, a bag of frozen strawberries, a half-empty half-gallon of chocolate chip ice cream and a loaf of garlic bread. The freezer in the basement is totally empty.

waysider, your post made me reminisce. When all three of my boys lived at home I strongly considered that I needed to get another job just to feed them. The two oldest were playing soccer, basketball and baseball. They were eating machines. Now the boy is the lone eating machine at home.

Well, the biggie in my fridge is the bird thawing out for Thanksgiving. In the deep freezer is quarts and quarts and quarts of the veggies put up from the summer garden. There is a dozen, or so, quarts of chicken stock, vegetable soup, and God knows what else. We are set for the winter.

I have that same wilted stalk of celery and ketchup as well as some other condiments. Im pretty sure I have some shrimp and other things in the freezer, and probably plates of leftovers semi covered in the regular fridge along with a bunch of eggs

Ive been away from home for two weeks so i cant really remember.

Im sure the bread I left on top of the fridge is a lovely shade of green by now.

I'll check in when I get home later

Oh Yay an easy thread.....hehe. Let me see. What is in the fridge? I am hungry anyway...

ok well theres some velveeta singles, some ketchup and mustard, a half gone turkey I made the other day oh and let's not forget the empty pop box that nobody threw away.

In the freezer hmmm a whole lot of venison that was just processed... I guess its Mcdonalds for dinner, lol

LOL Hmmm I ate the wilted stalk of celery yesterday I of course have the catsup and some Mayo and mustard... and home made jelly... this week it is blackberry.... some cheese.. the usual veggies lettuce carrots some old yogurt that needs tossed...

the sourdough bread starter that needs to be turned into bread again one of these days. Beer of course, and milk, and almond milk for me.. also we have some tofu and soy noodles,and a brand new roll of salami for hubby.. Oh and I almost forgot Butter! Also a couple of containers that need tossed with out opening!They were left overs!

The freezer has pizza and apricots and blueberries and peppers and Marie Calendar pot pies, chicken and steak and pork chops,some home made veggie soup also some home made beans... and two big frozen turkeys to be cooked at some undisclosed time in the future. and assorted other items of dubious content.

In the fridge: milk, lots of vegetables, boxes of fruit juice, cheese, a few condiments, two sausages.

And also something that smells horrible that I must investigate this evening. :redface:

In the freezer: milk, bread, a duck crown, joint of pork, joint of beef, two curries, box of meatballs in gravy, butter, a whole trout, a few trays of ice cubes, some homemade stews in small portions, some homemade soup in small portions, other odds and ends.

The milk and bread are bought when they are on special. Well, most things are really.

Duck crown = basically the breasts off a duck, removed from the carcass. No wings or legs, just straight meat, in one lump.

Joint of pork = a lump of pork (sometimes, though not in this case, with the bone still running through it.)

Joint of beef = lump of beef. George, like steaks before they are cut into steaks.

Curries = now surely you know what a curry is. One of these is Chicken Makhani (=in rich tomato sauce) and the other is a Veggie Dhansak.

The smelly thing in the fridge was either a marrow, well really an overgrown courgette) which was quietly liquifying, or a bowl of beetroot that needed boiling up.

Fridge is full: Many condiments and salad dressings, three jellies. Gallon of milk. Gallon of homemade turkey soup for dinner this week. Pitcher Ice tea. Lean ham for lunch. 18 pkg eggs.Leftovers from the turkey we don't want, to feed to cats. Sliced Swiss cheese, Cheddar block, tortillas, 2lb lean hamburger. Bag homemade venison jerky. Buttermilk for baking. 10 yogurts. In those new green bags for longer life:Celery, carrots, green peppers, 3 lb apples, bagged lettuce, cabbage in drawers. Dec supply of insulin. Lb of butter, tub of low everything margarine.

Some food(cheese and tortillas has marker writing--For dinner ) so the kids won't inhale for snack.

Small freezer is full( we have a bigger one in the garage) 2 boxes Crystal Lite popsicles. Ice . Bags of turkey pieces for stirfry or whatever. Mango ice cream. Two loaves of bread. 2 bags frozen broccoli, 1 bag mixed frozen veg, 1 bag frozen strawberries.

Family of 5 , three teens.

Menu for dinner: M Soup and grilled sandwiches. T Beef burritos. W Spaghetti, TH Broccoli/Cabbage stir fry. Friday is leftover night. First one home starts cooking.

About 4 yrs ago we bought a new Maytag refrigerator. The third time we lost all the food we got a new one.

So whats in it. Freezer has toaster strutal's, frozen waffels, frozen lemonaide, frozen limeaide, frozen veggies, and of course ice.

Refrig has milk (fat free and 2%), one Negro Modelo, one Heinican, 12 Dr Pepper, 5 Ginger Ale, 6 7-UP, carrot sticks, cheese sticks, lunch meat, American cheese slices, colbyjack slices, apples, left over corn on the cobb, left over lemonpepper chicken, regular mustard, 3 spicccy mustard, mayo, 4 finds of jelly, bisckits, 1/2 onion, and 4 bottles of water. Margerin, yeast, ketchup, cooking grease, eggs. Cream cheese

I got more stuff than I realized.

:wacko: Y'all put your ketchup in the fridge? :blink: Ewwwww.....

My fridge does NOT have ketchup but it does have jars of mayo, mustard, tamari, pickles, olives and about a dozen half used salad dressings of various kinds that I no longer know what's good or not. Some wilted spinach, eggs, tea, shrooms, leftover steak and that's about it. I cleaned out most schtuff before heading out of town for Turkey Day.

Freezer: Batteries, cranberries, Tandoor Chef Palak Paneer, Kofta Curry, bananas, chicken strips, chopped spinach, a couple of things so freezer burned I'm not sure what they once were.

Duck crown = basically the breasts off a duck, removed from the carcass. No wings or legs, just straight meat, in one lump.

Joint of pork = a lump of pork (sometimes, though not in this case, with the bone still running through it.)

Joint of beef = lump of beef. George, like steaks before they are cut into steaks.

Curries = now surely you know what a curry is. One of these is Chicken Makhani (=in rich tomato sauce) and the other is a Veggie Dhansak.

The smelly thing in the fridge was either a marrow, well really an overgrown courgette) which was quietly liquifying, or a bowl of beetroot that needed boiling up.

Hey! Since I can't get Patak's mango pickle, lime pickle etc - you offering to send me some if I cover the expense and your time?

Yesterday, there was a scraggly turkey carcass in the fridge. Not anymore. Yours truly picked that bird clean and put meat in the freezer. No turkey sandwiches, pot pies, soup, dumplins....nothin. Informed my family I am on strike. I came home from work and the sink was full of dirty dishes. A few days of having to fend for themselves will put them back on the right track.

I also thought putting catsup in the fridge to be unusual. I don't put mustard, steak sauce, worcestershire in the fridge, either. Even after being opened, anything with a high vinegar content has a pretty good shelf life as long as it is stored in a cool, dark place.