GreaseSpot Cafe

Spectator Christianity

Tzaia said;

"I really liked the way that TWI drew from seeming parallels in the OT to support its theology, yet ignored any parallels that didn't. STF does the same thing. One only has to listen to DG's latest teaching on tattoos to see that. (I chuckled through the whole thing)

The point I'm trying to make is that STF is no less ala carte in picking and choosing what it wants to believe than any other organization. The only reason why it doesn't look like that is the ground rules of engagement are carefully laid out and all beliefs are checked against those ground rules."

My gosh, there are so many critical and spiritual issues going on all around us and in the world, and the most in depth study worthy of their time is about TATOOS?????

Is this more self-serving "apologetic" in defense of this man's distracting markings on himself?

Nicely put. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the church bashing goes. . . . please. . .. get some new material. . . . be innovative . . . .there are plenty of different ways to stand opposed to Jesus Christ and His church. . . . start thinking outside the box!!! This blah, blah, blah. . . . the horror of church and the evils of Nicea, . . . .really stale.

If you want to go at God. . . . man-up. . . .quit going through His people. . . go at Him directly.. . . you could even adopt some freaky doctrine.

Edited by geisha779

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did this new thread erkjohn and Waysider talked about ever get started?

WG

No! I realized that I was actually going to have to think :confused: Seriously, I just kind of got busy and kept telling myself I'd get around to it later. Heck, I thought that was just a few weeks ago, it was December?

The point about miracles.. I've seen two honest to god undeniable miracles happen. In both instances, I was forbidden to put the name of da way on them..

I wonder why..

Ham, tell us more about these. What were the miracles, please describe. And who forbade you to put the name of da way on them, the beneficiary of the miracles - or TWI for some odd reason? (Not like them to pass up an opportunity for God self-promotion.)

Maybe you could start a separate thread.

• 5 months later...

Thats quite a grand and assumption. Arrogant too.

My job brings me to churches all over the country and I am amazed every trip at the things that 'normal people' in the church do. Many, many people flourish in a church setting.

Although I have to admit that Ive yet to hear anyone in the churches that I go to whine as loud or as long as John Lynn can and does,(thats gotta be a superspecial gift of whining to go on that long) or hear anyone talk or base their lives on dreams of nose spiders(is that the Gift of Incredible UltraStupidity that they manifest?)

My experience in Massachusetts - most churches are places where folks come to feel good,

feel they have done their "Sunday obligation." There's a lot of crappy teachers, swindlers,

fakers, and boneheads. And I'm talking about the church leaders. I'm sure there are some decent

groups, but they truly are not the norm.

So I am happy with my small fellowships of family, men, and various connections with other

Christian groups. To me, a lot of Christian churches are seriously spiritually sick,

and I choose to stay away from their illness. Am I arrogant ? Maybe, but to me, I am just trying to

protect myself and my family.

John Lynn is not someone that I look to as a good spiritual leader.

My experience in Massachusetts - most churches are places where folks come to feel good,

feel they have done their "Sunday obligation." There's a lot of crappy teachers, swindlers,

fakers, and boneheads

maybe..

people have figured out that's the agreement they've made with this existence.. to deal with Sunday (afternoon fellowhip) obligations.. (false way or such, the label doesn't make any difference) ministers in pulpits (in front of herr vey validated lecterns) and the like..

people generally seem to tolerate religion, way brand, and otherwise..

well, it's just a thought.

and let's not mention the tolerance of *pretenders* to da throne..

Edited by Ham