GreaseSpot Cafe

How The Way International

cheranne

How The Way International Stoled Christmas by Mark Clarke

Share apologies to Dr.Seuss he says. HOW THE WAY STOLE CHRISTMAS Every Christian in Church-ville liked Christmas a lot. But The Way, with HQ in New Knoxville, did NOT. They hated religion, and mainstream tradition; They wanted control and our perfect submission. It could be their heads weren't screwed on just right. It could be perhaps that their shoes were too tight. But I think that the most likely reason of all May have been that their hearts were two sizes too small. But whatever the reason, their hearts or their shoes, They put forth their doctrine � the don'ts and the do's. "It can't be called Christmas, 'cause it's not a Mass. (You know that of course if you've taken The Class.) "We'll say Household Holiday, or Ho-Ho for short Let's see, what other Scriptures can we distort? No singing angels, that's strictly forbidden! (The morning stars singing in Job must stay hidden.) "A tree decked with ornaments, lights and such things Is pagan and godless � what evil it brings! It started with Rome and their long winter nights. (Or that's what we've heard, and we know what's right!) "But the biggest wrong Christmas tradition of all Was the date of Christ's birth � he was born in the fall! The Doctor assured us, his teaching was true. (The men who researched it before him knew too!) "So rather than focus on Jesus this season Let's cause more division and argue the reason. We've got to be different from regular church, So we can grab kids who have started to search." But some of the folks on the field said, "What gives? Who are you to control us? The Lord Jesus lives! We're not doing those pagan rituals you fear. We're celebrating Jesus, at the end of the year. "So what if he really was born in September? The main thing is getting more folks to remember That he is the King that God promised to send, And there will be peace and good will in the end." The Way didn't like that, not one little bit. It threatened their power to teach Holy Writ. "If they start to think for themselves, then they'd see They really don't need us � then where would we be?" So they made an example of the folks on the field By driving them out from their spiritual shield. "You're out of the WOWs and you're out of the Corps, And you won't be allowed in our Twigs anymore. "You're causing division, we'll mark and avoid you For daring to question the group that employed you. And Satan will get you, you'll all be grease spots By midnight, for thinking outside the nine dots!" They thought they were doing the work of the Lord By keeping such cop-outs from wielding the Sword. "We can't compromise, we must remain strong. We cannot afford to find out we were wrong!" The folks on the field had just heard the news And the Way thought that they would be singing the blues. But their sound wasn't sad! Why, their sound sounded merry! It couldn't be so! But it WAS merry! VERY! You might think that they were the losers that day For having been booted and shunned by The Way. But they'd sat and they'd read from the Bible last night And concluded that what The Way taught can't be right. Then they thought of something they hadn't before. Maybe Jesus�� perhaps�� means a little bit more. We're saved without classes, and without name tags, We're saved without Teachers with all of their brags. And what happened then? Well, in Church-ville they say That the folks on the field grew three sizes that day. And the minute their hearts didn't feel quite so tight, They knew that they still were beloved in God's sight. They learned that God gave people brains, and what's more, You don't have to leave them outside the church door. They read for themselves, and they thought that way too, And found that the Truth's not a What but a Who. And no matter the origins of Christmas traditions, They knew if they gave them their own definitions That bright decorations spread gladness and cheer; And we sing Hallelujah, Messiah is here!

Posted by: runforyou...

• Upvote 2

This will be my second Christmas free from TWI doctrin.. cracks me up a bit as well I have been out for a long time....

I will be getting out my manger scene and putting it up Year TWo And I have pulled out my angels...

I love Christmas... I always have but I stupidly took on the guilt trip about it that TWI sold..

For me Christmas is special... a time to walk away from the cares of work and money and being selfish... A time to share your love for family and friends.. not that I don't do that all through the year but it is a time to focus on it... and remember what the really important things in life are about...(no not shopping and getting presents, although that is fun)... That we are alive that we have family and friends .. for me that God sent his son. and that sharing with some one in need is an important part of a happy life.

• Upvote 1

The Way thought to be right, turns out they weren't bright.

To cause such a stir, make us drink their elixer.

To tear people apart, and make families stir,

Only to build their own power.

And give us a family with a father in the Word,

Whose main pastimes, show him him as a turd.

Cheranne,

Thanks for bringing that up again. It was fun writing that last year.

So many Christians, not just in TWI, are convinced that Christmas derived from a pagan festival and has nothing to do with Christ's birth. But I found out recently that while the date of his birth was not known, there is more evidence that Dec. 25 was chosen as the date, not as a compromise with pagan festivals, but to offer an alternative. Check out the article on my web site: Is Christmas Pagan?

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seemed that TWI always talked out of both sides of their mouths when it came to holidays and any other observances of days and seasons.

There is no sabbath anymore, but you've got to have a Sunday morning fellowship. Always a big deal on Easter aka Resurrection Sunday and Pentecost and don't forget the so-called anniversary of TWI's founding.

Then they preached against Christmas, but celebrated it in just about every aspect as the mainstream did, just called it something different. Same thing with Halloween. Ooh...pagan observance...but calling it "Bless or Treat" solves everything :rolleyes:

They talked a good game, but compromised when it was convenient.

It seemed that TWI always talked out of both sides of their mouths when it came to holidays and any other observances of days and seasons.

There is no sabbath anymore, but you've got to have a Sunday morning fellowship. Always a big deal on Easter aka Resurrection Sunday and Pentecost and don't forget the so-called anniversary of TWI's founding.

Then they preached against Christmas, but celebrated it in just about every aspect as the mainstream did, just called it something different. Same thing with Halloween. Ooh...pagan observance...but calling it "Bless or Treat" solves everything :rolleyes:

They talked a good game, but compromised when it was convenient.

And it was convenient all the time, unless something would cost twi some of our ill-gotten money.

THEN they held a hard line. But anything that didn't mean our money would leave their hands,

why, there was always some compromise, some exception.

"This holiday is pagan and it is evil and error for other Christians to practice it!

So we're going to change the name and otherwise do exactly what the other Christians do in practicing it.

But since we changed the name, now it's completely different and safe for us to do."

Hey-I missed the Halloween ones! I caught the compromises and renames for Christmas (Ho-Ho),

Easter (Resurrection Sunday), and Valentines (Happy Hearts), but didn't catch the Halloween one.

Amazing how they can talk like they're such a conservative group, and yet

A) practice Halloween

B) practice no-strings sex among the top cadre and say it's ok to do so but wrong to SAY it was done

Then again, hypocrisy has a long, proud tradition at twi.

I'd forgotten about this poem. It's a classic!

For those who (such as myself) find it very difficult to read so many words strung together so closely,

I took the liberty of breaking this down into "more manageable verses" for older eyes to read more easily.

Share apologies to Dr.Seuss he says. HOW THE WAY STOLE CHRISTMAS

Every Christian in Church-ville liked Christmas a lot. But The Way, with HQ in New Knoxville, did NOT.

They hated religion, and mainstream tradition; They wanted control and our perfect submission.

It could be their heads weren't screwed on just right. It could be perhaps that their shoes were too tight.

But I think that the most likely reason of all May have been that their hearts were two sizes too small.

But whatever the reason, their hearts or their shoes, They put forth their doctrine the don'ts and the do's.

It can't be called Christmas, 'cause it's not a Mass. (You know that of course if you've taken The Class.)

We'll say Household Holiday, or Ho-Ho for short Let's see, what other Scriptures can we distort?

No singing angels, that's strictly forbidden! (The morning stars singing in Job must stay hidden.)

A tree decked with ornaments, lights and such things Is pagan and godless what evil it brings!

It started with Rome and their long winter nights. (Or that's what we've heard, and we know what's right!)

But the biggest wrong Christmas tradition of all Was the date of Christ's birth he was born in the fall!

The Doctor assured us, his teaching was true. (The men who researched it before him knew too!)

So rather than focus on Jesus this season Let's cause more division and argue the reason.

We've got to be different from regular church, So we can grab kids who have started to search.

But some of the folks on the field said, "What gives? Who are you to control us? The Lord Jesus lives!

We're not doing those pagan rituals you fear. We're celebrating Jesus, at the end of the year.

So what if he really was born in September? The main thing is getting more folks to remember

That he is the King that God promised to send, And there will be peace and good will in the end.

The Way didn't like that, not one little bit. It threatened their power to teach Holy Writ.

If they start to think for themselves, then they'd see They really don't need us then where would we be?

So they made an example of the folks on the field By driving them out from their spiritual shield.

You're out of the WOWs and you're out of the Corps, And you won't be allowed in our Twigs anymore.

You're causing division, we'll mark and avoid you For daring to question the group that employed you.

And Satan will get you, you'll all be grease spots By midnight, for thinking outside the nine dots!

They thought they were doing the work of the Lord By keeping such cop-outs from wielding the Sword.

We can't compromise, we must remain strong. We cannot afford to find out we were wrong!

The folks on the field had just heard the news And the Way thought that they would be singing the blues.

But their sound wasn't sad! Why, their sound sounded merry! It couldn't be so! But it WAS merry! VERY!

You might think that they were the losers that day For having been booted and shunned by The Way.

But they'd sat and they'd read from the Bible last night And concluded that what The Way taught can't be right.

Then they thought of something they hadn't before. Maybe Jesus perhaps means a little bit more.

We're saved without classes, and without name tags, We're saved without Teachers with all of their brags.

And what happened then? Well, in Church-ville they say That the folks on the field grew three sizes that day.

And the minute their hearts didn't feel quite so tight, They knew that they still were beloved in God's sight.

They learned that God gave people brains, and what's more, You don't have to leave them outside the church door.

They read for themselves, and they thought that way too, And found that the Truth's not a What but a Who.

And no matter the origins of Christmas traditions, They knew if they gave them their own definitions

That bright decorations spread gladness and cheer; And we sing Hallelujah, Messiah is here!

• 6 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/9/2009 at 9:13 AM, cheranne said:

Share apologies to Dr.Seuss he says. HOW THE WAY STOLE CHRISTMAS Every Christian in Church-ville liked Christmas a lot. But The Way, with HQ in New Knoxville, did NOT. They hated religion, and mainstream tradition; They wanted control and our perfect submission. It could be their heads weren't screwed on just right. It could be perhaps that their shoes were too tight. But I think that the most likely reason of all May have been that their hearts were two sizes too small. But whatever the reason, their hearts or their shoes, They put forth their doctrine � the don'ts and the do's. "It can't be called Christmas, 'cause it's not a Mass. (You know that of course if you've taken The Class.) "We'll say Household Holiday, or Ho-Ho for short Let's see, what other Scriptures can we distort? No singing angels, that's strictly forbidden! (The morning stars singing in Job must stay hidden.) "A tree decked with ornaments, lights and such things Is pagan and godless � what evil it brings! It started with Rome and their long winter nights. (Or that's what we've heard, and we know what's right!) "But the biggest wrong Christmas tradition of all Was the date of Christ's birth � he was born in the fall! The Doctor assured us, his teaching was true. (The men who researched it before him knew too!) "So rather than focus on Jesus this season Let's cause more division and argue the reason. We've got to be different from regular church, So we can grab kids who have started to search." But some of the folks on the field said, "What gives? Who are you to control us? The Lord Jesus lives! We're not doing those pagan rituals you fear. We're celebrating Jesus, at the end of the year. "So what if he really was born in September? The main thing is getting more folks to remember That he is the King that God promised to send, And there will be peace and good will in the end." The Way didn't like that, not one little bit. It threatened their power to teach Holy Writ. "If they start to think for themselves, then they'd see They really don't need us � then where would we be?" So they made an example of the folks on the field By driving them out from their spiritual shield. "You're out of the WOWs and you're out of the Corps, And you won't be allowed in our Twigs anymore. "You're causing division, we'll mark and avoid you For daring to question the group that employed you. And Satan will get you, you'll all be grease spots By midnight, for thinking outside the nine dots!" They thought they were doing the work of the Lord By keeping such cop-outs from wielding the Sword. "We can't compromise, we must remain strong. We cannot afford to find out we were wrong!" The folks on the field had just heard the news And the Way thought that they would be singing the blues. But their sound wasn't sad! Why, their sound sounded merry! It couldn't be so! But it WAS merry! VERY! You might think that they were the losers that day For having been booted and shunned by The Way. But they'd sat and they'd read from the Bible last night And concluded that what The Way taught can't be right. Then they thought of something they hadn't before. Maybe Jesus�� perhaps�� means a little bit more. We're saved without classes, and without name tags, We're saved without Teachers with all of their brags. And what happened then? Well, in Church-ville they say That the folks on the field grew three sizes that day. And the minute their hearts didn't feel quite so tight, They knew that they still were beloved in God's sight. They learned that God gave people brains, and what's more, You don't have to leave them outside the church door. They read for themselves, and they thought that way too, And found that the Truth's not a What but a Who. And no matter the origins of Christmas traditions, They knew if they gave them their own definitions That bright decorations spread gladness and cheer; And we sing Hallelujah, Messiah is here!

Posted by: runforyou...

Mark, great post!!

On 12/9/2009 at 9:56 AM, leafytwiglet said:

This will be my second Christmas free from TWI doctrin.. cracks me up a bit as well I have been out for a long time....

I will be getting out my manger scene and putting it up Year TWo And I have pulled out my angels...

I love Christmas... I always have but I stupidly took on the guilt trip about it that TWI sold..

For me Christmas is special... a time to walk away from the cares of work and money and being selfish... A time to share your love for family and friends.. not that I don't do that all through the year but it is a time to focus on it... and remember what the really important things in life are about...(no not shopping and getting presents, although that is fun)... That we are alive that we have family and friends .. for me that God sent his son. and that sharing with some one in need is an important part of a happy life.

Leaf, what a wonderful post!!  Leave it to TWI to spoil one of the best days of the year; for what??!! It used to drive me nuts when I was told to say "Happy Household Holidays!" Bunk!!

On 12/9/2009 at 1:09 PM, JeffSjo said:

The Way thought to be right, turns out they weren't bright.

To cause such a stir, make us drink their elixer.

To tear people apart, and make families stir,

Only to build their own power.

And give us a family with a father in the Word,

Whose main pastimes, show him him as a turd.

Jeff, cute!!  You are so polite, I think VPW was a POS!  

On 12/18/2009 at 4:22 AM, Mark Clarke said:

Cheranne,

Thanks for bringing that up again. It was fun writing that last year.

So many Christians, not just in TWI, are convinced that Christmas derived from a pagan festival and has nothing to do with Christ's birth. But I found out recently that while the date of his birth was not known, there is more evidence that Dec. 25 was chosen as the date, not as a compromise with pagan festivals, but to offer an alternative. Check out the article on my web site: Is Christmas Pagan?

Hi Mark!!  How is your wife?!! Life is good; I'll send you a PM.:wave:

On 12/18/2010 at 11:31 PM, dmiller said:

I'd forgotten about this poem. It's a classic!

For those who (such as myself) find it very difficult to read so many words strung together so closely,

I took the liberty of breaking this down into "more manageable verses" for older eyes to read more easily.

Share apologies to Dr.Seuss he says. HOW THE WAY STOLE CHRISTMAS

Every Christian in Church-ville liked Christmas a lot. But The Way, with HQ in New Knoxville, did NOT.

They hated religion, and mainstream tradition; They wanted control and our perfect submission.

It could be their heads weren't screwed on just right. It could be perhaps that their shoes were too tight.

But I think that the most likely reason of all May have been that their hearts were two sizes too small.

But whatever the reason, their hearts or their shoes, They put forth their doctrine the don'ts and the do's.

It can't be called Christmas, 'cause it's not a Mass. (You know that of course if you've taken The Class.)

We'll say Household Holiday, or Ho-Ho for short Let's see, what other Scriptures can we distort?

No singing angels, that's strictly forbidden! (The morning stars singing in Job must stay hidden.)

A tree decked with ornaments, lights and such things Is pagan and godless what evil it brings!

It started with Rome and their long winter nights. (Or that's what we've heard, and we know what's right!)

But the biggest wrong Christmas tradition of all Was the date of Christ's birth he was born in the fall!

The Doctor assured us, his teaching was true. (The men who researched it before him knew too!)

So rather than focus on Jesus this season Let's cause more division and argue the reason.

We've got to be different from regular church, So we can grab kids who have started to search.

But some of the folks on the field said, "What gives? Who are you to control us? The Lord Jesus lives!

We're not doing those pagan rituals you fear. We're celebrating Jesus, at the end of the year.

So what if he really was born in September? The main thing is getting more folks to remember

That he is the King that God promised to send, And there will be peace and good will in the end.

The Way didn't like that, not one little bit. It threatened their power to teach Holy Writ.

If they start to think for themselves, then they'd see They really don't need us then where would we be?

So they made an example of the folks on the field By driving them out from their spiritual shield.

You're out of the WOWs and you're out of the Corps, And you won't be allowed in our Twigs anymore.

You're causing division, we'll mark and avoid you For daring to question the group that employed you.

And Satan will get you, you'll all be grease spots By midnight, for thinking outside the nine dots!

They thought they were doing the work of the Lord By keeping such cop-outs from wielding the Sword.

We can't compromise, we must remain strong. We cannot afford to find out we were wrong!

The folks on the field had just heard the news And the Way thought that they would be singing the blues.

But their sound wasn't sad! Why, their sound sounded merry! It couldn't be so! But it WAS merry! VERY!

You might think that they were the losers that day For having been booted and shunned by The Way.

But they'd sat and they'd read from the Bible last night And concluded that what The Way taught can't be right.

Then they thought of something they hadn't before. Maybe Jesus perhaps means a little bit more.

We're saved without classes, and without name tags, We're saved without Teachers with all of their brags.

And what happened then? Well, in Church-ville they say That the folks on the field grew three sizes that day.

And the minute their hearts didn't feel quite so tight, They knew that they still were beloved in God's sight.

They learned that God gave people brains, and what's more, You don't have to leave them outside the church door.

They read for themselves, and they thought that way too, And found that the Truth's not a What but a Who.

And no matter the origins of Christmas traditions, They knew if they gave them their own definitions

That bright decorations spread gladness and cheer; And we sing Hallelujah, Messiah is here!

Thanks!!  This is great!!