GreaseSpot Cafe

VPW----polygamist or just another dirty old man?

waysider

My take on it is that he was a dirty old man who convinced himself his pee-nis was like a golden caduceus...delivering spiritual healing to the masses.

I can't place where I heard him say this, but I remember he said of the unbeliever's pee-nis that it was unworthy of a woman of god's v&%i*a, and that she should have a real man of god...and I remember that creepy beaming smile when he said it. Was it in CF&S or at Rome City campus or in some meeting? Not sure of the location, but I know he said it.

While I'm at it, if you guys haven't seen it, HBO's Big Love is a wonderfully entertaining series that deals with polygamy and religious fervor and the like.

• Upvote 1

My take on it is that he was a dirty old man who convinced himself his pee-nis was like a golden caduceus...delivering spiritual healing to the masses.

I can't place where I heard him say this, but I remember he said of the unbeliever's pee-nis that it was unworthy of a woman of god's v&%i*a, and that she should have a real man of god...and I remember that creepy beaming smile when he said it. Was it in CF&S or at Rome City campus or in some meeting? Not sure of the location, but I know he said it.

While I'm at it, if you guys haven't seen it, HBO's Big Love is a wonderfully entertaining series that deals with polygamy and religious fervor and the like.

"Was it in CF&S or at Rome City campus or in some meeting?"

I don't think it was in CF&S. I witnessed that debacle more times than I care to admit and don't remember it. Knowing what we now know about him, though, that line of thinking certainly fits his character to a tee.

Thanks for the tip on the TV show.

. . .

It is a good show, a lot of things in it you can go, yeah, twi people are like that there.

If I may add another aspect of this... in the splinter group I was in and I will only speak of this because I can from first hand experience, anyhow besides me I have heard that Victor Banard who was the MOG(blah blah blah) has slept with almost all of the women in the ministry. Yes he is his fathers son. But heres my point. As the saying goes you never truely forget your first love...meaning the one you give yourself to. Alot of these girls I have heard he slept with (possibly even my own daughter) were definately virgins, what better way for him to steal, and control their minds and hearts? It's first love and apple trees my foot its more like I'm your first love forget Jesus Christ I have all you need. Yuck!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that about your daughter.

As a parent, I know how that sort of thing can sting.

And, while I do recognize that there are certainly serious psychological aspects involved with sex, what I was trying to point out was the absurd hypocrisy demonstrated by the disparity of Wierwille's teaching as opposed to his behavior.

He may have said it elsewhere, as well; but he did say it at the Advanced Class in Athens, OH. (I was there.)

George

I can't place where I heard him say this, but I remember he said of the unbeliever's pee-nis that it was unworthy of a woman of god's v&%i*a, and that she should have a real man of god...and I remember that creepy beaming smile when he said it.

Reading this. . . . I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I wonder how any of this relates to a grown man (VPW) telling a roomful of people that he fondled his own teenage daughter's breasts to teach her about sexuality. Several posters on this site were first hand witnesses to that event.

edit:

We don't know if he actually did it.

What we do know is that he openly claimed he did.

Edited by waysider

I wonder how any of this relates to a grown man (VPW) telling a roomful of people that he fondled his own teenage daughter's breasts to teach her about sexuality. Several posters on this site were first hand witnesses to that event.

edit:

We don't know if he actually did it.

What we do know is that he openly claimed he did.

Whether he did it or not - he said he did - and I wonder how many other "faithful" fathers figured something like, "Well if VP did it I guess I should to." I hope to never know to be honest. The thought itself is repugnant enough.

Whether he did it or not - he said he did - and I wonder how many other "faithful" fathers figured something like, "Well if VP did it I guess I should to." I hope to never know to be honest. The thought itself is repugnant enough.

The more I read about this man (and I use the word "man" loosely), the more incredulous I am that he could have maintained a following for any period of time. He sounds like an absolutely disgusting individual. And that Martindale piece of garbage...they are both monsters.

Edited by soul searcher

"He may have said it elsewhere, as well; but he did say it at the Advanced Class in Athens, OH. (I was there.)"

Thanks, George...so that's where I heard it! I was there as well.

And geisha, there are oh-so-many phrases that are barf-worthy, aren't there? Instead of "Lifelines" there should be a booklet of vp quotes titled "Lecherous Lines".

Really, you guys...let me know if any of you get hooked on "Big Love"...I ended up buying the series so I could get T-Bone hooked on it too.

• Upvote 1

Here's a bit of a musical interlude-----

"The preacher used to preach to try to save souls

But now he's preachin' just to buy 'jelly roll'

He calls that religion but I know he's goin' to Hell when he dies

Old Deacon Jones was a preachin' The King.

They caught him 'round the house tryin' to shake that thing

He called that religion but I know he's goin' to Hell when he dies."

From 1928

-----The Mississippi Sheiks
  • Upvote 1

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9LhScThq84&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9LhScThq84&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9LhScThq84&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

yippee i remembered how to do this stupid thing. i wanted to dedicate this to the eyeball

i don't blame him for my past. but i do blame him for exploiting me my past

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It is a good show, a lot of things in it you can go, yeah, twi people are like that there.

"He may have said it elsewhere, as well; but he did say it at the Advanced Class in Athens, OH. (I was there.)"

Thanks, George...so that's where I heard it! I was there as well.

And geisha, there are oh-so-many phrases that are barf-worthy, aren't there? Instead of "Lifelines" there should be a booklet of vp quotes titled "Lecherous Lines".

Really, you guys...let me know if any of you get hooked on "Big Love"...I ended up buying the series so I could get T-Bone hooked on it too.

Yeah, I'm hooked on it alright - like Bolshevik was saying, "Big Love" has a lot of resonance. Like the lingering mindset in folks that have left the compound but still hold onto the polygamy thing - which they refer to as "the principle" [vp would have probably said "now that's what I call the GREAT principle. Dawts riiiiight!"].

Another thing that's interesting to follow is the way they have to cover up "living the principle" in their neighborhood [hubby with 3 wives live in 3 homes next door to each other] and just in general in any social setting. Watching that drama play out reminds me of when I first became aware of a mindset after I left TWI. So much of the inappropriate & twisted crap became much more obvious as I related stuff to friends who were never in TWI.

If I may add another aspect of this... in the splinter group I was in and I will only speak of this because I can from first hand experience, anyhow besides me I have heard that Victor Banard who was the MOG(blah blah blah) has slept with almost all of the women in the ministry. Yes he is his fathers son. But heres my point. As the saying goes you never truely forget your first love...meaning the one you give yourself to. Alot of these girls I have heard he slept with (possibly even my own daughter) were definately virgins, what better way for him to steal, and control their minds and hearts? It's first love and apple trees my foot its more like I'm your first love forget Jesus Christ I have all you need. Yuck!!!!!

For the very first time, an old friend of mine has just come out and said it. I heard ABOUT it a little while back, but I just can not talk about stuff that didn't happen to me as boldly as I can share my own stuff, huh?

You know what, there is at least one of my former frinds in RRF who have been cruising GSC for more than a year now. And after all I shared that little ____ has not freakin contacted me. Not only that, Dawn told me that he wouldn't even talk to me because he still wanted to help people.

So I don't freakin know exactly what these people who used to know me are thinking, but some of them are the very ones who told Granddaughter about how bad Victor Barnard has been with the women. These very same people used to believe Victor when he succesfully had them believing that I was the one that was devilish. And many of them had their hand in helping Barnard break up MY FAMILY and make my life in RRF a living hell for several years.

And now the little douchebag GSC lurkers don't even want to talk to me after they made my life hellish.... I don't know what their reasoning is, but IMO it must be seriously messed up, especially the ones who won't talk to me even after they found out how nasty VB is.

This rant has been brought to you by a former River Road Fellowship victim.

I think that a polygamist has a finite and fixed number of wives. From time to time he may add to his family, but the entire group is the family.

Dirty Old Men are different! [nolongerlurking, I don't think you needed definitions....I'm being raucous.]

Edited by krys