GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way Corps cruise ship

GrouchoMarxJr

(((((Radar)))))

I'm with Bow and Radar. I love spending time with J & HR! And can vouch for the fact that they definitely know how to throw a party. :beer:

Hope and I had a blast when she came to stay with me for the Green Day concert here in Orlando. This site (GSpot) is about The Way International. I just don't get why so many of you are obsessed with what others are doing while enjoying life the way that makes them happy and has absolutely NOTHING to do with you and your life. <_<

I don't know J and HR - they may be fine folks. Even not so fine folks know how to throw a party - so if they truly are fine folks - well raise a glass in toast.

Glad you and Hope had a blast. I presume you have good times with many people. Once again - yay for you!

GS is indeed about twi.

However...

While I'm not obsessed, that site does have to do with a part of my life - almost a third to be exact. I chose to join and I chose to leave. Mostly because it wasn't much fun and it was filled with the same type of clique-ishness that marked all things wc and twi. Too many layers of bs on too many pages.

How do you know what percentage of GSers here were wrongly treated by WC? Or on the other hand, how do you know what percentage of GSers would like to contact a WC person and thank them for decent treatment.

Or are you saying that just because you had a good time with these fine folks on more than one occasion that you can vouch for 100% of their actions and motives along with the actions and motives of every person not only on the WC site but also on this site as well.

My main objection to the wc site is that it needs (for whatever reason - be it well-intentioned or not) to be exclusive. That exclusivity causes a feeling that the "elitist thought" is still in existence. Like I said before, lack of accountability is what has long been a trademark of the wc and twi adherents. (Meaning those folks who still think they were right and good in all they did because gawd-awlmighty called them to be wc and told them what to do all the time by all nine.)

Let me ask you something. Just how many wc folks would have joined using their real name if they knew that it wouldn't just be wc? (Or at least mostly wc with a few folks dropping in to give their "bless you's")

Don't you think that the reason there are over 1400 wc members on that site is because of the insulation granted by the exclusivity?

Now some of my friends who are still members have told me that posts on their own blogs have been deleted if they say anything negative about twi. So how much of JR's energy does it take to keep up appearances? And just who is being protected and served?

Isn't it a bit too much like mind control? Granted, JR might indeed be a fine man - but that doesn't make this action fine.

Unless he's Jeezus...

Edited by doojable
  • Upvote 1

I dunno. Maybe it's a clique or a cult, maybe not. Doctors hang out with other doctors because they get it. Teachers have a special bond, because they work with children and teens, and they get it.

The WC was a horrible time for me, but maybe not for others. Even if they suffered together, had good times, bad times, sweet times, nostalgic times, perhaps this group feels like they are there because they want/need to be with others who "get" that particular experience.

Some of the WC grads I met in 23 years were cliqueish, snobbish, superior, and gave the impression they genuinely believed they were the only ones on the planet who had "in depth spiritual perception and awareness." A very few of them actually DID.

In any case, bon voyage, Belle, R**chesons, et all. Have a good time!

WG

• Upvote 1

I think more than "Reunion" the cruise and the whole WC site is much more about "Denial".

Sorry, that's what it smells like to me. Maybe I'm horribly mistaken? Yeah, that could happen...

So, you think an Egyptian theme might be fitting?

oh so this is a stupid thread? hey, i've said a million times over how much people mean to me that i became friends with in the way

but tell me -- do you really think me sitting around telling my heartache and story would contribute if i went on this cruise?

to me, it's bull sh it

also, my friends for YEARS have been john and hope and i love them dearly

but for me, a good party doesn't change my past, and i love a good party

(((((Radar)))))

This site (GSpot) is about The Way International. I just don't get why so many of you are obsessed with what others are doing while enjoying life the way that makes them happy and has absolutely NOTHING to do with you and your life. <_<

"...with what others are doing while enjoying life..."

Kind of a broad and general statement to describe a specific act...don't you think?

I don't give a rat's a$$ what these people do to enjoy life...unless it happens to be an attempt to hoist the "waycorps flag" again..John's website is not called the "FORMER way corps" site...it's called the "Way corps" site...I think that an attempt to regroup the waycorps is a legitimate subject for the GreaseSpot cafe...

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr

look, whether you got in or out before me or after me, i want to tell you something

veepee was a nasty old man

craig turned out to be his follower

and so did just about everyone else in any leadership position

i don't really like john's site so i don't think i would like the cruise

there is too much good feelings about something that was so hurtful

i can't see what i'm writng so sorry for the typos

Edited by excathedra

Geez. It's just a cruise. Don't you ever go and hang out with folks you haven't seen in awhile? Do you ever go to high school reunions? They're generally kind of fun. Most folks on John's website haven't been involved with TWI for a couple of decades, and we do other things with our lives now. I know I can't make the cruise, because I'll have to work, but if I could, I would.

This is not really worth getting one's panties in a twist. People who were creepy "back in the day" are probably still creepy today, and therefore probably don't play well with others, and therefore probably won't be on the cruise.

If you are still mad at various people who mistreated you decades ago, perhaps this is more of a burden to you than it will ever be to them, clueless as they are, and the person who will benefit most if you unload that burden (i.e. get over it) will be you. Some people (like the folks who hurt you) just suck, but most don't. Most Corps didn't. Most Corps worked their butts off to try to help people come to God. If you are mad at folks for having a reunion, that's a little extreme.

I'm just sayin'.

• Upvote 1

Geez. It's just a cruise. Don't you ever go and hang out with folks you haven't seen in awhile? Do you ever go to high school reunions? They're generally kind of fun. Most folks on John's website haven't been involved with TWI for a couple of decades, and we do other things with our lives now. I know I can't make the cruise, because I'll have to work, but if I could, I would.

No, I don't go to high school reunions. But that aside, I don't see the comparison between high school (which had a positive impact on a LOT of people's lives) and a blood sucking abusive cult..

This is not really worth getting one's panties in a twist. People who were creepy "back in the day" are probably still creepy today, and therefore probably don't play well with others, and therefore probably won't be on the cruise.

I don't wear panties. In fact, I never did. Not even once.

If you are still mad at various people who mistreated you decades ago, perhaps this is more of a burden to you than it will ever be to them, clueless as they are, and the person who will benefit most if you unload that burden (i.e. get over it) will be you. Some people (like the folks who hurt you) just suck, but most don't. Most Corps didn't. Most Corps worked their butts off to try to help people come to God. If you are mad at folks for having a reunion, that's a little extreme.

who says I'm mad? Amused.. curious.. mystified.. perhaps. Read post 47 on the thread. Or I'll save you the trouble looking it up..

Obsessed, no. Perhaps amused. Or curious.. *human* behavior is fascinating.. maybe I'm just trying to understand this..a group of grown adults poking themselves in their eyes with ball point pens would make more sense to me..

so they want to go on a cruise.. remember the good times long ago, willing (and sometimes self-paying) victims of one not so really special multi-level religious scam.. and many think it made them somehow *special*..

they can even rub elbows with some of the more convinced and motivated scammers or abusers..

if that's what they want to do to "enjoy life".. by all means, go ahead.. you don't need my *blessing* or anything..

:biglaugh:

this kind of (in my opinion) lunacy kinda screams for comments though, doesn't it?

as far as having NOTHING to do with me and my life.. I disagree. I was scammed to support sometimes innocent and sincere people into this grisley mess.. and some of the *product* of the corpse turned out to be those who harmed me and my family the worst..

like it or not, we ARE connected..

they can *handle* a little sarcasm.

I don't read "mad" here. amused.. curious.. fascinated by nutty behavior.. slightly sarcastic perhaps. Mad, or obsessed.. no.

I'm just sayin'.
Edited by Ham

I'm just sayin'.

Well said.

I don't agree with the concept of the Way Corps site and have stated why numerous times before. I've shipped the other thread to the soap opera and am closing this one. I don't mind discussion of the site. But there is no need to attack John R. or his family. There is a fine line between disagreement and attacking. That line has been crossed, in my opinion. I allowed the threads for awhile since a number of people have said privately to me that they haven't been able to voice some things over there. Well that was done. So let's move on. There isn't anything that you can say to change what that site is going to do.