GreaseSpot Cafe

Walking in the wrong direction...

Where are the Palm trees and beaches? I thought the Promised Land was tropical??? I didn't know it was the Western United States... boy Grizz - you're lucky - you live in the Promised Land!!!

Hope R. color>size>face>

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now" - Stephen Stills

Looks to me that the sun is setting on the 'promised land' and the folk in the picture are leaving it behind.

Hey wait a min.........

that is me and my wife and our kids in that picture!!!!!

If you look real close you can see us smiling and singing because we are LEAVING the land of bondage of the twi!!!!!!

I remember that day so well. It was so nice.

Thank you God for helping us leave that hell.

"Why does everyone go so slow when I am in a hurry?"

Ya beat me to it. When I saw this "artwork" I immediately thought of the Watchtowerawakeplaintruth school.

It took me back to every laundromat I ever visited. (And being a WOW two timer, Way Corps, and a vagrant bohemian at certain times in my life I've visited a few)

Is there an institute where students go to learn this style? Is it LSD induced?

quote:
Originally posted by CompletelyComplete:

Hey, wasn't the 90s the decade of prevailing?

CompComp

Ummm...according to the present truth, Jesus was crucified with four people rather than two, and it appears that God actually defined a decade on base 12, which is a more spiritual number than 10, and 12 is easily divisible by 4 to coincide with the present truth concerning the crucifixion. We also know that 12 divided by 4 is 3, which is the number of completion, so we have completion in the world to signify completely complete prevailing in the world which is the realm of the adversary. Therefore, the "Decade of Prevailing™" is an actual decade of 12 biblical years, which are different than secular years.

(This was a joke.)

Comp,Comp...

Yeah, the 90s were definately the decade of prevailing... (see definition #2)

PREVAIL-

1. to gain ascendency through strength or superiority

2. to use persuasion successully (syn. induce)

They prevailed upon us to give more money, give more time, let our BCs stick their noses into every aspect of our lives...

Guess the whole Y2K-is-a-bust thing got them all mixed up... they've forgotten we are no longer in the 90s.

• 4 weeks later...

7:23

But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

7:24

But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels [and] in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.

-Jeremiah