GreaseSpot Cafe

The Cult Of Zero

ya.. but was it hid from us, or did we hide it from ourselves..

ahhh.. everything there was so perfect..

either way you look at it.. zero, or everything.. it was.. perfect..

I had a "vision" when I was a kid..

there was, about three or four blocks away, a pile of pennies, dimes, and quarters..

all one would want, all one could carry..

which of course, carrying back to civilization would be a net slightly above zero..

:biglaugh:

this is true.. I *fib* not.. at least as to the dream.

Now my life has been exactly this every year..

I'm never rich.. but I've always had that little bit of sustenance always at hand..

what is this?

I never expect to be rich.. in dollar and cents terms anyway..

what is it..

That is zero talking to you my friend. Think about the shape of the coins and realize you are blessed by zero...

That is a great vision. Many zeros each of varying value it only takes a lucid mind to understand. It means zero is mobile when we carry zero with us.

Zero is the root of all that is good...

I had a new vision about a pane of glass. Though I am not sure how that fits in yet only that zero is transparent and double sided.... :)

Maybe also zero can be broken up and fractures into other zeros (humpty dumpty) divided by itself. This seems to be the key to how zero "creates" and perpetuates itself perhaps the mathematical cipher to one day creating artificial intelligence.

Edited by DrWearWord

ha...what a pure perfect example of post-modern co-opting of any symbol in history

like how we name a chemical cleaner "fantastik"

or put "glowing auras" around the whopper on the BK commercial

gotta love the age of "toilet art"

dww

i could not find anything online about bullinger and zero

but in my search i found this and this

but i will look in his book when i get home tonight and report back

Edited by sirguessalot

i noticed on the page i linked to regarding "Meaning of Numbers In the Bible and Dreams"

that some explanations are quite fleshed out, while others have but a single line.

i wonder if the most developed explanations of a number may be related to the author's preferences

also...i just realized that my bullinger bible which is here with me has a chapter on numbers

...there is no entry for zero

God first and last

thanks waysider

waysider example of post-modern symbol in history is that triple powers of God because there three

does not Gnostic books teach about things like that

man of triple powers of life

life in womb

life outside the womb (breath life)

life like God (spirit)

is that a example of trinity

with love and a holy kiss Roy

ha...what a pure perfect example of post-modern co-opting of any symbol in history

like how we name a chemical cleaner "fantastik"

or put "glowing auras" around the whopper on the BK commercial

gotta love the age of "toilet art"

dww

i could not find anything online about bullinger and zero

but in my search i found this and this

but i will look in his book when i get home tonight and report back

I really liked the tarot link I am really fascinated by both the kabbalah and tarot.

The link on the kabbalah seems to be almost parallel to this thread. remarkable!

It is interesting to note that a fool is a servant to kings as zero likewise in regal rings, crowns, the kings seed, domain, eminence and can also represent the kings folly.

Much like Solomon's wisdom which accompanied him when he attempted to divide a baby in half as zero divides the negative and positive numbers.

God first and last

thanks waysider

waysider example of post-modern symbol in history is that triple powers of God because there three

does not Gnostic books teach about things like that

man of triple powers of life

life in womb

life outside the womb (breath life)

life like God (spirit)

is that a example of trinity

Great point Roy, the gnostic scriptures are a valuable source of learning and inspiration. It is a shame many of them went the path of zero before we were able to glean their meanings.

Today I would like to delve into the subject of God's ambiguity.

Is God truly ambiguous?

Well even the answer to that is ambiguous. As I have said zero though it is an oblong sphere or point that separates the positive and negative numbers zero is also planes that separate width, height and depth (XYZ). Thus zero's ambiguity is not simply negative and positive but there is depth of field to consider.

This is why in so many cultures God is perceived in so many different ways yet the same God. (I get ahead of myself)

As I have taught, zero is a seed and this seed is also a beginning of choices.

This seed is born from a dichotomy of these choices.

Thus the seed is planted in the center of ambiguity and free will is the catalyst for change.

The first change we perceive in the bible is that zero is both time and space (in the beginning)… the second change is that zero divides heaven and earth. Thus zero resides fully in neither realm (time space, heaven earth) it simply is the point at which they begin.

Zero is the flaming sword that turns in every direction. dividing realty from fantasy. Zero divides matter from energy (potential from kinetic).

Thus out of the seed of zero the realm of the Omni is divided… Night day, before after, here there, up down, east west north south and within and without , male female and shades of life in between, Zero divides the seed of life into kind, species and herbs. Zero divides the land from the waters and the sky from the surface of the earth. Zero divides light from darkness and divides the colors into recognizable spectrum and zero divides the numbers 10 20 30 50 100 500 1000 10000... Thus zero in dividing is the great unifier or omni.

Zero divides knowledge, reason and logic into epiphany. Epiphany is the catalyst for change and change is the testing ground for ethics and ethics bring virtue to the stage.

So would one say that zero embodies evil as likewise it divides good? Well one could argue that it is not a dichotomy but that zero is simply the seed and autonomy is what travels along the way up or down the number/time line to reach the conclusions of life and its morality.

Zero does not have to be evil to divide it for that which is good. Thus does zero have an intent?

I like to think that zero does indeed have an intent but that would only be speculation on my part.

It would seem that zero simply does its job dividing the various faction of its influence and life goes on its merry own way (cest la vie). Zero also divides grace from consequence.

Thus wherever there is ambiguity zero resides within. Zero is the beginning and zero is the end and time is a great circle of zero. Zero is our birth and zero is the scale that measures out our judgment and fate.

Zero is the point that divides vanity from realty, creation from ceasing to exist. Thus zero is both the garden of good and evil and we make the choices as the created ones to which way we will travel from zero and ultimately back to zero again.

We are the wheat and we gather what we encounter through the multiplicity and complexity of zero.

Zero divides light from particle and wave for only zero has zero mass yet still remains within all that is. Zero is that which is or is isness.

All things are created by zero so they are all subject to zero and its laws. Thus zero is the word and the word is zero. This is what I mean that the answer to ambiguity is answered by more ambiguity.

For instance to state that zero is love is to imply that as long as love has existed there must also have been the cause for hate.

In order to understand how God is love over hate one much understand that out of love and hate zero is born and reborn. Where ever there is love and hate there is zero to divide them and bring justice.

Love and hate can only exist so long and then zero is born. Thus zero is a seed that seems to arrive out of ambiguity just as zero arrived many centuries later after humans had been counting for millions of years on their fingers and toes. Zero is birth itself. Thus the nature of zero as the only creator is giving life. Zero began in our unawares and is born again in our enlightenment (full circle) Zero divides even the circle.

Zero the giver gives that which zero is thus zero is not just a divider but a multiplier...

Zero between male and female reproduction gives a new creature born of the twain. Zero between two loving individuals (helpmates) gives art and industry.

Zero is the process of creation. Out of the tree of life zero created new life out of the tree of knowledge and reason, the fruit of the spirit are born. Out of law and liberty truth is born.

Out of persecution a hero is born savior to us all.

Peace with zero.

I could go on forever, I will stop here for now. :)

Edited by DrWearWord

God first

thanks DrWearWord

what O divide by O?

O becomes something but we have nothing.

what something divide by nothing?

and we can +,-.x, and divide by o but what other is there.

nothing or more

there both

below O itself

we can even go sides ways but i do know the ..... the name of it maybe there no name

"Number in Scripture" does not even talk about it because not know yet

why?

because we not learnt it yet

when will learn about space and time or time and space or beyond time and beyond space or beyond space and beyond time

is this new or old?

Edited by year2027

perhaps like scripture says...

both "always already" new and old

as to be called things like "everpresent" and "eternal"

seems you are starting to tease out some of the details in the "the upper atmospheres" of this sort of stuff, Roy

reminds me of how contemplatives in the east and west explored the diverse range of states of experience...finding ever finer distinctions between the things we call "soul" and "spirit"...or between "psychic" and "subtle" and "causal"

one of the states is where we "witness the witness"

which is like saying that we "see the clear nature on the "face" of our own experience, but are also grounded in the unmanifest mystery that we do not see...which is likely ever to be the vast majority of God."

as if to "know God" is to make peace/unite with the unknowable truth...aka "darkness" and "mystery"

also reminds me of dww's vision of a pane of glass

Edited by sirguessalot

God first

thanks DrWearWord

what O divide by O?

O becomes something but we have nothing.

what something divide by nothing?

and we can +,-.x, and divide by o but what other is there.

nothing or more

there both

below O itself

we can even go sides ways but i do know the ..... the name of it maybe there no name

"Number in Scripture" does not even talk about it because not know yet

why?

because we not learnt it yet

when will learn about space and time or time and space or beyond time and beyond space or beyond space and beyond time

is this new or old?

Very astute of you to delve into division concerning God's ambiguity.

Can God be impartial if not divided equally?

perhaps like scripture says...

both "always already" new and old

as to be called things like "everpresent" and "eternal"

seems you are starting to tease out some of the details in the "the upper atmospheres" of this sort of stuff, Roy

reminds me of how contemplatives in the east and west explored the diverse range of states of experience...finding ever finer distinctions between the things we call "soul" and "spirit"...or between "psychic" and "subtle" and "causal"

one of the states is where we "witness the witness"

which is like saying that we "see the clear nature on the "face" of our own experience, but are also grounded in the unmanifest mystery that we do not see...which is likely ever to be the vast majority of God."

as if to "know God" is to make peace/unite with the unknowable truth...aka "darkness" and "mystery"

also reminds me of dww's vision of a pane of glass

Ahh glass... transparent but solid. :)

Edited by DrWearWord

Well It seems I have perceived more zero's in the bible.

Blood is another zero. As blood symbolizes life and the beginning of life it also symbolizes the image of God.

It is rather odd that the devil is often depicted as being red and the virgin Mary is depicted as nearly always dressed in the color blue.

Yet it seems red is a color of God. As zero and the shape of the seed is the image of God.

Genesis 9:6 KJV

Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image [zero] of God made he man.

Comment: The image of God is thus also blood [seed, DNA], life and red... Crossing the "red" sea symbolized new life for the Israelites.

Here is another reference of the color red...

2 Kings 3:22 KJV

And they rose up early in the morning, and the sun shone upon the water, and the Moabites saw the water on the other side as red as blood:

Comment: It seems red is associated with blood biblically and not necessarily the color blue...

Isaiah 1:18 KJV

Come now , and let us reason together , saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Comment: "Reason" is more so than not circular in nature... Red is zero and white and black can be zero also because of their absence of color. So this verse is just a code to reveal invisibility and nothingness.

Isaiah 27:2 KJV

In that day sing ye unto her, A vineyard of red wine .

Comment: Red wine also leads to a form of vacancy and nothingness or zero... And coming from grapes which are circular and full of seeds (usually). Another symbolic code for zero. Even the mouth is circular as breath passes past the lips to the lungs and out of the mouth again in a circular fashion.

Nahum 2:3 KJV

The shield of his mighty men is made red , the valiant men are in scarlet : the chariots shall be with flaming torches in the day of his preparation, and the fir trees shall be terribly shaken.

Comment: Here red seems to have positive connotations as does also fire and the curricular wheels of the chariots and circular shields also establish the image of zero. The passage from night to day can also be seen as a circle. Days [in the day of his preparation] were read by the sun moon and the zodiac all circles...

Matthew 16:2 KJV

He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.

Matthew 16:3 KJV

And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

Comment: More circular time imagery of zero. It seems affirmative here that red can be both negative and positive depending solely on time of day. Thus at zero hour red would be neutral.

Revelation 6:4 KJV

And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Comment: Again "the word = seed = zero and the word is also a sword... Though the word and truth bring peace only to the faithful.

Revelation 12:3 KJV

And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Comment: It seems biblically that red can either be cursed or a form of blessedness and virtue depending on which side of the fence you stand.

As also fire is often used biblically as a negative element when relating to the serpent, the devil, yet on the day of Pentecost it is a positive element accompanying the holy spirit. Fire can purify as silver is purified seven times. Fire has also been worshiped as God where perhaps the worry was that zero would be lost if fire alone were to become too dominant a religion.

Thus this simply endorses the neutral position of the color red, birth, spiritual seeds, fire and blood and as standing directly between the positive and negative realms of the spirit.

Just as red divides the color spectrum between black and white light and darkness, and as life is within the blood that blood is also zero, as is red, and as most symbols for life are zero. Thus "the way" is zero that is starts there at birth and hopefully follows the path of good. It is also of note that the serpent also stood as zero between knowledge of good and evil as the serpent revealed the tree of knowledge of good and evil so be this a form of idolatry or divinity the serpent in wrapping itself around the tree was standing in the image of zero.

Had the serpent revealed only evil to Adam and Eve then the serpent could not have been perceived as zero but the serpent revealed both good and evil just as zero reveals negative and positive numbers. Also in us understanding good and evil we do become as Gods because we stand in the place of zero between good and evil also... As we make our choices it is only then that we move from one side of either good or evil over time.

The earth became tohu vav bohu. Good and evil, dark and light and zero was the face [image] of the deep in between.

Edited by DrWearWord

why do you want to start a cult again?

I believe in my heart that God is zero and I believe the world has lost touch with that ideal.

So I am starting a cult so to spread the ideal to those who will in turn reach others with the message and belief. :)

In the beginning God... In the silence of the beginning zero created the heavens and the earth.

In the silence of the beginning zero created the big bang :)

I believe in my heart that God is zero and I believe the world has lost touch with that ideal.

What good will it do someone that regains touch with that ideal?

So I am starting a cult so to spread the ideal to those who will in turn reach others with the message and belief. :)

In the beginning God... In the silence of the beginning zero created the heavens and the earth.

so in the beginning there was silence, and god--which is zero.

In the silence of the beginning zero created the big bang :)

What does this mean, and is it even important?

Is this an attempt to just draw people away from churches, by their own free will? (which i would not be against).

I'm just not seeing the importance of attaching the word zero to god, and it changing anything.

It's the same way I view the trinity. It just doesnt matter, it's another issue for people to fight over, and be divided over, when in reality the world would not be a better place if EVERYONE believed the trinity, vice versa.

God first

thanks nandon

your church does come here but X-Way and X-JW do

your church is a cult unto themselves

whether I believe in the trinity their against me I do see it has they do

I see the trinity as zero and i see zero as trinity

three as one and one as three

the three powers of man and three powers of God

God/Christ/man or man/Christ/man or Christ/man/God or God/man/Christ

does the Church see as i do

they see it as Black and White only

but i see things in true color

Edited by year2027

What good will it do someone that regains touch with that ideal?

not sure how DWW answers all that, nandon, but if i may try...

in general, i think that the capacity for "zero" (silence and stillness) is what makes the difference between a good healer and a violent crusader, for example.

because the practices based on "zero" are vital to becoming self-aware enough to keep from letting one's own desires and unconscious desires and habits run the show. "Zero" is the "solid ground" of self-examination on behalf of all.

as if the world would be a better place if most all religious people, for example, were to rediscover the roots of their own religions...and sit down and shut up a lot more. atheists, too, might stop persecuting monks along with the messianic crusaders.

not that there is anything wrong with activity and language...but without some steady diet of "zeroness" that leads to an examined life...we are mostly sleepwalking...unaware of the mechanisms of our our own egos...and most all the activity and language us simply causing more harm and confusion ...especially if we are trying to fix and save everyone else (aka "log in the eye" metaphor...or twi's example of bible interpretation and resulting lifestyle).

most of us already naturally do "zero" to various degrees...so that is good news...but the original monastics were specialists and masters of it...passionate devotees..."saving the world" by taking responsibility for becoming aware of their own inner workings....becoming less harmful to their neighbor.

this was not as much about theology or concepts or translations...as it was about actual living practices and lifestyles ...involving our bodies, community, sleeping, eating, etc...

better listeners...slow to wrath...slow to fear...more able to make peace between enemies...more able to care for people who are suffering and dying, grieving, widows, orphans, etc...

i dunno, this seems like perhaps the most practical application of "zeroness" there is.

clarity...equanamity...tranquility...insight...wisdom...no drugs required

and considering that the violent crusades and such are essentially quests for the very same things one finds in contemplation

...a simple cost/waste comparison paints a clear picture as to the most effective, most conservative path to doing so

Edited by sirguessalot

not sure how DWW answers all that, nandon, but if i may try...

in general, i think that the capacity for "zero" (silence and stillness) is what makes the difference between a good healer and a violent crusader, for example.

because the practices based on "zero" are vital to becoming self-aware enough to keep from letting one's own desires and unconscious desires and habits run the show. "Zero" is the "solid ground" of self-examination on behalf of all.

as if the world would be a better place if most all religious people, for example, were to rediscover the roots of their own religions...and sit down and shut up a lot more. atheists, too, might stop persecuting monks along with the messianic crusaders.

not that there is anything wrong with activity and language...but without some steady diet of "zeroness" that leads to an examined life...we are mostly sleepwalking...unaware of the mechanisms of our our own egos...and most all the activity and language us simply causing more harm and confusion ...especially if we are trying to fix and save everyone else (aka "log in the eye" metaphor...or twi's example of bible interpretation and resulting lifestyle).

most of us already naturally do "zero" to various degrees...so that is good news...but the original monastics were specialists and masters of it...passionate devotees..."saving the world" by taking responsibility for becoming aware of their own inner workings....becoming less harmful to their neighbor.

this was not as much about theology or concepts or translations...as it was about actual living practices and lifestyles ...involving our bodies, community, sleeping, eating, etc...

better listeners...slow to wrath...slow to fear...more able to make peace between enemies...more able to care for people who are suffering and dying, grieving, widows, orphans, etc...

i dunno, this seems like perhaps the most practical application of "zeroness" there is.

clarity...equanamity...tranquility...insight...wisdom...no drugs required

and considering that the violent crusades and such are essentially quests for the very same things one finds in contemplation

...a simple cost/waste comparison paints a clear picture as to the most effective, most conservative path to doing so

That is absolutely beautiful sirguessalot. Right on the mark my friend.

I ask, what is the profit in zero?

Well, out of void comes everything that is, out of silence comes music and out of the selflessness of heart comes glory.

Zero divides while zero also unifies. Within that place of stillness and perfect silence God is hidden and resides as the rock of all ages. The stone and cornerstone that levels supports and holds the temple of the self. Out of our primal ignorance, wisdom, truth and charity are revealed by zero's nature and character...

God first

thanks nandon and DrWearWord

DrWearWord is not beginning a cult

he has not ask anybody to join him

but is teaching us about zero has if it something we can learn from

join us as we learn together

As I am learning from you also Roy. We all have much to teach each other and in the presence of zero we will together be fruitful of mind, spirit and heart.

Is this an attempt to just draw people away from churches, by their own free will? (which i would not be against).

I'm just not seeing the importance of attaching the word zero to god, and it changing anything.

It's the same way I view the trinity. It just doesnt matter, it's another issue for people to fight over, and be divided over, when in reality the world would not be a better place if EVERYONE believed the trinity, vice versa.

How nice would life be if people had zero to fight over :)