GreaseSpot Cafe

In the way from early years

Wraysed

I was a wayfer as early as I could remember. I had hippie parents that somehow got into the ministry. I went (mini)-WOW in 83-84.

Influenced by my mothers obvious desire for me to be leader in the ministry,I took PFAL at the earliest possible age.(12) This was an overbearing because I had, with my mother, just relocated in a new area with a new school. To go to 12 nightly classes(in a stretch of 2 weeks)while going to a school where I wasn't getting with others well was quite frazzling. By about the 7th or 8th class I was getting antsy and concentration was not there. The branch leader(I think)that was running the class took me off to the side to have a discussion about it.(He was a major Napoleonic dickhead about it)After telling him that I wouldn't fidgit and would try to concentrate. Immediately preceding that,he yelled,"What I'm talking about is your ATTITUDE!!",at nearly the top of his lungs. A madman. He continues bashing and rebuking, carrying-on and bitching. I quit, and never went to a twig again. Thanks to another hard-headed false teacher(like LCM) who couldn't take, "I'll do better", I was free of it all at a good time, Oct. 1987.

My mother tried persuading me to go back. I didn't. When we moved back to area we were originally from, she tried to get me into twig...I wouldn't go. I hope that guy running PFAL was he himself rebuked

for such egotistical approach, a trait he had for a long time I presume. He was so quick to not forgive.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 years later...

We'll find out what 13 yrs twiggetry, 6 ROA mud-hops (with loads of German Chocolate cake and grape-juice for breakfasts), Wisconsin mini-Wowing, and the 7 first video PFAL classes, can be utilized for.

• 3 weeks later...

Now if you actually had the videotapes for the class, you'd find that "twiggetry" (love it!) and tapes make great bonfires.

Welcome back to the Café!  you made it just in time.