GreaseSpot Cafe

Snow Day in Memphis!

Sudo

We're having a rare snow day in Memphis today! And could it be any better than a Friday? Long weekend... snow cream... time to catch up on Greasespot threads. Alright!!

sudo

we have 5" on the ground this morning!! Yes, snow cream. I luv it.

1 lg. pan full clean new fallen snow

Cream

Vanilla

Granulated sugar

Mix cream and vanilla together. Layer snow in chilled bowl sprinkling sugar on each layer. Fold flavored cream into snow. Don't let cream drain to bottom, keep tossing gently. Eat immediately as soon as cream is frozen.

beer.gif

David seems to have the recipe I remember, Kimberly. And as Mstar says.. we get so little snow down here that each one is a real treat. It was nice but tomorrow's back to work. Only we'll all have our snow stories to tell all day... where did we get the car stuck... how long were the lines at Kroger's.. etc.

sudo

Thanks dmiller. I remember it like that. We ate it quickly before it melted.

It snowed for about 15 minutes last night. It was really pretty but that was enough for me. Snow is rare for us, also. If we do get a winter blast it is ice. We got a bit of that Friday night and it coated the trees. It is all gone away now. Thank goodness.