God first

thanks everybody

Is there emotion of death?

I believe people make peace with death that die without fear of death

is it wrong to lice because they will eat to much once we cut off all hair

and I do not have lice but trying set a example that is odd

a mouse comes in your house do catch him and kindly push out

or do you make war because enter your house

a ant comes in your house do you kill or talk him about than push out knowing he will come back

what is killing? when killing not wrong

pulling a weed to kill it is wrong

stepping on a ant is wrong

but we do it and think that we have done harm

but ant feels pain

the mouse feels pain

the plant feels pain

when it right to kill

with love and a holy kiss Roy

Edited by year2027

To some extent, circumstances dictate right or wrong.

For example, if your livelihood depends on raising poultry, it would be ok to kill a coyote that is stealing your chickens. On the other hand, killing a coyote simply because he is guilty of being a coyote would be wrong. Killing anything without a valid reason is wrong. (IMO) Does the coyote experience emotion? I haven't a clue.

To some extent, circumstances dictate right or wrong.

For example, if your livelihood depends on raising poultry, it would be ok to kill a coyote that is stealing your chickens. On the other hand, killing a coyote simply because he is guilty of being a coyote would be wrong. Killing anything without a valid reason is wrong. (IMO) Does the coyote experience emotion? I haven't a clue.

Why is someone's livelihood more valuable than the life of the coyote? Why are people given preference if we are all just animals? A coyote has to eat too . . . in a sense that is his livelihood. What if he/she is bringing chickens back to feed their young?

What makes that circumstance dictate that it is okay to kill another animal? Animals feel a wide range of emotions including love and loyalty . . . ever have a dog?

Edited by geisha779

God first

thanks waysider and geisha779

yes coyote is just as importance as the poultry life

but try to explain that to the coyote

killing is killing no matter who

while we can understand the different from killing for fun the dog understands not

the bible reads in Exodus 20:13 "Thou shalt not kill. "

it does not say what thou shalt not kill and when it right or wrong

Edited by year2027

God first

thanks waysider and geisha779

yes coyote is just as importance as the poultry life

but try to explain that to the coyote

killing is killing no matter who

while we can understand the different from killing for fun the dog understands not

the bible reads in Exodus 20:13 "Thou shalt not kill. "

it does not say what thou shalt not kill and when it right or wrong

Roy,

A better rendering of Exodus 20:13 might be "Thou shalt not commit murder."

If we are all just animals and it is simply . . . . he who holds the shotgun wins the day. . . . then that has nothing to do with what is right or wrong . . . . . or circumstances dictating the morality of the act.

Love,

Geisha

God first

thanks Geisha

but we can be more than animals

when we see death as a win

not as the enemy

even the dog can see death

our minds let us see it victory

the dog can see death as a win but we have to teach him

God is in the mind of animals just like God is in our mind

are we a animals or more than a animals

are we serpents or Gods

flesh is the serpent of our mind and God is spirit of our mind

we are Serpent/God waiting to become God only

when death is no longer fear

we no longer kill oxygen so we can breath

what a day that will be

but for now I am a murder of everything that my body dictates

are we serpents or Gods

let both grow together

you know not what will become

each glory will be evident

1 seed a tree will not begin

though life is in it

there must be another to bring the life out of that seed

"thou shalt not kill" life

Why is someone's livelihood more valuable than the life of the coyote? Why are people given preference if we are all just animals? A coyote has to eat too . . . in a sense that is his livelihood. What if he/she is bringing chickens back to feed their young?

What makes that circumstance dictate that it is okay to kill another animal? Animals feel a wide range of emotions including love and loyalty . . . ever have a dog?

If you had to choose between feeding your own kids and the coyote feeding her pups, I would certainly hope you would choose your own kids.

Coyotes aren't dogs. They are wild animals that have a keen instinct for survival in a cruel world.

If you had to choose between feeding your own kids and the coyote feeding her pups, I would certainly hope you would choose your own kids.

Coyotes aren't dogs. They are wild animals that have a keen instinct for survival in a cruel world.

Well, I didn't ask you what you hoped I would do. . . . . I asked you why those circumstances would dictate a right and wrong choice. I understand survival instinct, but when you bring right and wrong into an equation. . . . . you are making a value judgment. Breaking it down . . . . why would a human farmer's livelihood be more important than that of a coyote's natural instinct and need for food?

Why does the human have more value and right to the chickens and to the earths bounty than a coyote? We are speaking of killing another creature here. A coyote is only going to take what it needs. . . . . how many chickens can the farmer eat? There has to be some basis for your value judgment between right and wrong? Does the human add more to the ecosystem than the coyote? Is it because the coyote is stealing? Is it because the farmer paid for the chickens and they are rightfully his?

What gives the human the upper hand. . . . a shotgun? That is not a case of right and wrong. . . . just who can kill easier. You said right and wrong and drew a distinction between the two.

Why?

I didn't say the farmer was eating the chickens. I said it could be his livelihood. (ie: his business) If you owned a restaurant, would you allow rats and roaches to wander about blissfully? They're God's little creatures too.

I didn't say the farmer was eating the chickens. I said it could be his livelihood. (ie: his business) If you owned a restaurant, would you allow rats and roaches to wander about blissfully? They're God's little creatures too.

Still doesn't answer my question.

I am sure some of the people from PETA would disagree with your priorities. They can make a strong case. . . . . maybe citing that humans offer very little in way of value to the worlds ecosystems and of course. . . . we are now trashing space as well.

You were fairly declarative in your statement about what would be right. . . . and what would be wrong. . . . I just wonder what morality you base your answer on?

Personally, I believe from the scriptures that man has dominion over the earth. It is fairly obvious we do. I also believe that without God. . . . our value is simply to ourselves and for ourselves. . . . we take from the earth. We are now destroying it at a record pace. . . . . plants, animals, insects . . . . they all have a function within the design of ecosystems. . . . they give something. We take.

What is our place in the earth's ecosystems? Every time we take a step into one. . . . we alter or disrupt it. Yet, they are all under our dominion.

You made a value judgment based on a very basic biblical premise. Genesis 1.

It wasn't even a question of who took priority. It was just naturally assumed.

God first

thanks waysider and geisha

Personally, I believe from the scriptures that man has dominion over the earth. It is fairly obvious we do. I also believe that without God. . . . our value is simply to ourselves and for ourselves. . . . we take from the earth. We are now destroying it at a record pace. . . . . plants, animals, insects . . . . they all have a function within the design of ecosystems. . . . they give something. We take.

me too

I love you Roy. . . . you wrote "God is in the mind of animals just like God is in our mind".

That is a great statement. Insightful.

Not something everyone would even consider.

I don't think it is the same as our thoughts about God.. . .I don't think we are designed for the same thing, but I do so agree that they are connected to God too!

Thanks for making that point. I also think about these things.

. . .

Technically, dogs are wolves. Wolves are wild animals. Dogs and humans live in a cruel world.

God first

thanks everybody

Is there emotion of death?

. . .

I think most animals, especiall mammals, know and fear death. An animal knows when it's doomed. IMO.

Depends on what country you live in and it's laws.

. . .

What is our place in the earth's ecosystems? Every time we take a step into one. . . . we alter or disrupt it. Yet, they are all under our dominion.

. . .

The people on Whale Wars believe whales are more important than humans.

Hey Roy, love you, too, brother.

Fleas can eat up a critter rather badly. They can put a hurting on humans, also.

I must correct myself. I don't kill fleas and ticks but prevent them. The dogs and cats are given brewers yeast flakes everyday to prevent them from having fleas. One of its many benefits for humans is that brewers yeast prevents mosquito bites.

Roy, I used to go about my day considering a thread here at greasespot all the day long. I used to hurry with my job or errands or whatever other project I had going on to get back here and see what might have been further contributed; it took up a LOT of my life. I don't do that anymore, except for this one.

When it said "The Emotion of Death" you had my attention. I have studied death in psych classes, I have involved myself in the lives of those dying, their families and studied what happens after death with ernest and fascination.

I have lost loved ones to this enemy and seen things involved in death I do not wish to see again.

I fail, however, to understand what it is you're attempting to discuss here and, frankly, it's buggin' me.

It's not a personal issue with you, please understand, I'm just trying to get it. Are you saying that we should not kill, we should not stomp a spider or destroy animals habitats or................

Bless your heart and mine. Help me out here so I can get this one outa my brain and perhaps participate or minimally understand. And since it's in Doctrinal, are we looking at death of things from a biblical lens or just in general like in PETA's view or as ones who love nature and it's holdings.

Thanks for clarifying for me.

Edited by Shellon
  • Upvote 1

God first

thanks Shellon

what is life?

is the spider that you stomp or is more than that

"the Emotion of Death" is feeling that everything has the right to live as you have the right to kill

is the spider your enemy

what is he causing pain how

emotion is either pain or a feeling of pleasure

emotion of death is very deep subject i still learning it myself

Thanks, Roy

So, as I understand it you are talking about the death of, as you say, spiders and such.

I almost lost my leg and my life to a Brown Recluse Spider, so yeah, I'd kill another one if I happened upon it.

And you're not speaking of death of humans, am I correct?

When I made attempts to keep my husband from death during a heart attack and then nothing worked to save him, I understood that death.

When I watched a patient hold their newborn baby while it died shortly after birth, I came to understand that death.

When Hospice was involved in my grandmother's death and I was her caregiver, I came to understand that death.

I was looking for clarification on human vs animal, creepy crawly things or something else to which you refer.

Now I see you mean other than human life and death. I think.

• Upvote 1