GreaseSpot Cafe

What this country needs

GrouchoMarxJr

I am totally disgusted with politics and the way our country is going...

What we need is Alice Cooper! That's right...The villian of rock and roll...inspiring people to rebel and spit in the face of the machine that eats us alive. Alice Cooper is the embodiment of individuality and defiance...and his music is good also...

I say that America needs Alice Cooper! To look the snake in the eye and to go about our anarchistic ways...

What say ye?

:biglaugh:

Alice Cooper?

Interesting idea but I might choose a little different myself say Jesse Ventura a good ole Navy Seal/Professional Wrestler to straighten things out

last I heard anarchist Alice was a born again christian who thought Sarah Palin was wonderful../shrugs

which just ain't my cup of "tea"

I might have voted for him in 1972 when this song came out--but there's no telling what was in my pipe back then--there certainly was a lot of it though

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBHhkfJK2qQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBHhkfJK2qQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBHhkfJK2qQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by mstar1

I have always liked Alice Cooper. Saw him on tv a year or so ago talking about how he gave up the drinking party life when his wife (they are still married) gave birth to their baby. In the middle of all his crazy habits he said to himself that he could not be misbehaving like that and raise a child.

I know back in "the day" his music and concerts (went to his Welcome To My Nightmare concert at the Omni in Atlanta)conveyed the anarchist/spit in your face attitude.

Alice Cooper was one of my favorites in the 70's. The original band kicked butt. He really brought theatrics to the concert venue. I saw the group anytime they came around. The Killer tour; The School's Out tour; and the Billion Dollar Babies tour. His drummer had a massive drum kit. I still pull out his CD's and crank them up. School's Out is a great anthem.

He also has a syndicated radio show that is loads of fun to listen

I am totally disgusted with politics and the way our country is going...

What we need is Alice Cooper! That's right...The villian of rock and roll...inspiring people to rebel and spit in the face of the machine that eats us alive. Alice Cooper is the embodiment of individuality and defiance...and his music is good also...

I say that America needs Alice Cooper! To look the snake in the eye and to go about our anarchistic ways...

What say ye?

I have no idea what this is about. . . . but I'm in.

Alice Cooper was unique...nobody did what he did before or after...he was the Captain Hook of rock and roll...he wasn't a musician who stood on stage and played...he was an extension of burlesque and Vaudeville. He used props, dancers, and makeup...and his attitude of rebellion and individuality swept over his audience like a tidal wave...and his music was excellant! A blend of the Yardbirds, the Who, the Doors, and American TV jingles...He was pure Americana rock and roll...we loved him because he was brash and had attitude...and he put on a remarkable show.

He used to say that his shows were about having fun...and there's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr

I listen to Alice's radio program most every night while driving. I'm a fan.

Ted Nugent would be a wonderful choice, too!

Maybe Alice for Prez and Ted for VP.

Unfortunately, everyone's favorite Mother, Frank Zappa is gone, now. He'd be the PERFECT choice!

• Upvote 1