GreaseSpot Cafe

Why did Geer's Patriarch Paper "rock our world?"

skyrider

The one overarching question I had from first hearing of the "POP" paper till when I finally left WayWorld (about 3 years later) was "What the hell IS wrong?".

We constantly heard how screwed up the BOT was and all the Corps and various and sundry leaders and how "spiritually" we were just all F-ed up, but specifics were damned scarce. All we ever got was a whole lotta vague. We were all "off the WURD" and Geer doubted if we'd ever get right again. BUT WHAT EXACTLY WAS WRONG? We were just supposed to know.

this pretty much was exactly what me and

i guess alot of us other "joe believers"

thought at the time

there's some heavy duty bad things comin' down the pike

we can't tell you any details

but watch out

ok if you say so!

from what i see on these forums

that's one thing that hasn't changed

in twi...ever.

The one overarching question I had from first hearing of the "POP" paper till when I finally left WayWorld (about 3 years later) was "What the hell IS wrong?".

We constantly heard how screwed up the BOT was and all the Corps and various and sundry leaders and how "spiritually" we were just all F-ed up, but specifics were damned scarce. All we ever got was a whole lotta vague. We were all "off the WURD" and Geer doubted if we'd ever get right again. BUT WHAT EXACTLY WAS WRONG? We were just supposed to know.

WHAT EXACTLY WAS WRONG?........the corps were straying from the "pfal-yellow brick road" of wayworld.

No longer were the corps buying "the word" propaganda that twi/geer spouted. The corps, and non-corps, were growing up and GROWING AWAY from twi's blind allegiance. More were moving into business adventures, professional circles and family endeavors.....no longer the youth of the early 70s.

In 1980/81.....The Way Credit Union opened its doors for loans and mortgages. Many staffers and others acquired loans and bought houses in New Knoxville, St. Marys, New Bremen, Minster, and Wapakoneta. Remember, the Financial Freedom teachings? Remember the Word in Business Conferences as more and more "believer businesses" were sprouting up all over the country?

All of wierwille's "visions" were imploding......ie the LEAD Outdoor Academy had disintegrated as top leadership at the helm exited. The Camp Gunnison "family vacation experience" never developed......no restaurant, no horse trail rides, no sunset corps building cabins for retirement, etc. etc. Wierwille's planes and pilots were moving on as "the dream disappeared."

The corps were disappearing back into family and corporate America.

Geer had one shot at seizing his 15-minutes of fame.........and HE TOOK IT. The patriarch paper was geer's adulationary allegiance to "his" father-in-the-verd. To obsecrate his love for wierwille, the paper was geer's eulogizing the death of wierwille in grand scale. The hazy content of geer's writings symbolize a son yearning for his father's paternal, patriarchical support and love in yesteryear memories. In wishful fashion, geer longs for a different outcome than the one he sees.

His corps "brothers and sisters" had wised up, and moved on....but not geer. He had devoted his entire adult life to wierwille's allegiance, to wierwille alone.

To geer....being "off the word" was slighting one's adulation and allegiance to wierwille. No red roses were on wierwille's grave on the first anniversary of his death and this confirmed that twi/corps had forsaken the man of god and his teachings.

<_<

Edited by skyrider