GreaseSpot Cafe

"Your Daughter Is Possessed"

Shellon

Some of you are aware that my Kelly has been ill. Until a Lab Report Mistake (read phhuckup by former doctor) happened yesterday it was supposed that she might well be ill with a disease that has a high mortality rate and if that were to be the ending diagnosis, I shouild expect to bury my child in 9-14 years.

Right now it's not known, still, but I have located her correct lab reports and her new doctor will really be able to diagnose her.

That is to only serve as an introduction to this thread that will serve as a trigger for some, a giggle for others and a WTF for others; it's your call.

I got an email from a real prize individual who chose to offer me some advise. In their cowardly manner, the didn't have the sack to identify themselves. The body of the email reads as follows:

Shell, we told you that once you left the household, you would then be out from under the protection of God and you should expect the negative consequences. You are now reaping what you have sown and your daughter is possessed by the adversary, you are accountable.

As soon as you made that dreadful choice, your brother died, did he not? As soon as you made that dreadful choice, your older daughter went wild, left the obediance of you, the parent, and it's our understanding that you did finally have to put her outside the gates of your home.

There is still forgiveness for you that will then give you the benefit of healing for your daughter. I regret that I can not reveal myself to you but can only speak for the one truth and trust you will remember what you were taught in Dr. Wierwille's PFAL Class and beyond and come to your senses. Don't you think you have to in order that your child lives? Remember your husband..........

God Bless you abundantly in Jesus Christ's most powerful name

In love

I have read this about a dozen times now and pondered it's content from several different angles; none of which amuse me! However, I choose not to be pi$sed either, while I considered it as a choice in the sheer silliness of the note to me.

Remembering those days of guilt and condemnation. Remembering those days of power trips and prayerful consideration of "truths" exactly like what this particular fool suggested to me. Remembering, again, that to some I'll always be held accountable to God for the death of my husband, the poor choices my oldest daughter made and whatever other nastiness is chosen by other to lay at my feet rather than letting people own their own.

Now, I have blabbed my life out here for years; more so recently and it's a public forum. I considered the possibilities carefully, for years actually. I believed at the time that I had the love and support on a very personal level to tell my story of being in TWI and our escape. While that may no longer be exact truth, I still believe that I made the choice of my own free will and I accept reality that some azzholes might do less than kind things with whatever information I give. I knew I was "exposing" my children and our private lives.

I also freely solicited prayer for my Kelly here because I needed the support and prayers desperately; we still do! I don't regret that either. There are many things going on in my life that need God's grace and mercy and healing that I'll never mention and I also understand that God knows exactly what Kelly needs too, whether I puke it out on a forum or not. This one was so much more personal, so I put it here and I shall continue to update those that do pray with us.

Sometimes when I read what the butt said I want to ask Pawtucket to get rid of any threads that are of a personal nature and then I remember a couple of things that are bigger than some jerk(s) wanting to stomp on my strength and replace it with that which can lay me out faster than anything; messing with my kids.

Eventually I'll be able to completely see the silliness in the note and it will be a distant memory of someone opening their fool mouth and spewing their snotwad all over me.

Perhaps, like me, you have things that scream into your lives when you least expect them and slap you in the heart that you thought might be in that past.

I'm not going to waste valuable time better spent caring for my child on figuring out who sent it, while I do believe I know. I've only shared the most intimate of details of the doctors suspicions with very very few, so it's not tough to come up with who/what/where and even why, although it might appear obvious at the reading. They aren't worth that precious attention that is better served making sure she's getting the care she needs. When this journey is in the past in my family, I might address them with my usual charm, but until then we have today and I have no doubt whatsoever of God's love for me and my daughter, nor do I doubt God's ability to heal her or direct me and her doctors as to what we need to do next.

If they could actually read and fire two cells together in their brain, it might be possible for them to understand my truths as I've written them in my story here as well as prayer thread for my daughter(s). Again, not my problem or concern and my stand has always been that when we put head to pillow at the end of our day, we face only ourselves. They will have to deal with whatever sputum lands on their own shoes.

Mean people suck and azsholes are full of shi+.

Shellon,

My compassion goes out to you. MD F*rt. the Trunk Coordinator of the Way at the time, sent a letter to a friend of mine (former Way clergy) when he left TWI, saying that he would have been killed in Old Testament times, and that he would be dead within two years. That was in 1995 ... 15 years later, my friend is alive and kicking and living strongly for the Lord, without the condemnation and legalism that is rampant within The Way ... and he has biblically helped quite a few people in that time, adding to the 27+ years before that time. After he let me read the letter, he tore it up. His life continues to prosper.

If you have not already read THE SUBTLE POWER OF SPIRITUAL ABUSE, I highly recommend it ... it talks about how abusive spiritual groups use fear tactics such as the one described to keep their followers in line.

For any of you out there who are still "in," I suggest strongly that you leave. I left on January 11, 1996 and have had a great life fellowshipping with other Christian believers since then ... and, by the way, the home church I attend is not coordinated by a lesbian and her lover, as the Way is purported to be.

Thanks DogLover, I've read that book and as many other of it's type of help I could find and yes they are very ! helpful in understanding this kind of crap.

I understood when I left that this would be their threats to me and they did not disappoint; from the moment I told them until now and I'm sure it'll continue as long as they are allowed to do so.

I get it and as I said, it isn't going to deter me or stop me or harm my spirit or change my mind one iota as to my decisions then or now regarding my children.

Or any other things. It's just their own foolishness and mean hearted bully shi+; I have always expected it, known it and accepted it's what they do. It sure doesn't sneak into my vision as often as it used to though, thankfully.

:CUSSING: :CUSSING:

Once again the Weirwillites show their true colors :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

Screw the charm-- I lack social graces but if ANYONE ever had the audacity to write that complete pile of maggotsh!t to me they would get one gigantic earful and know in no uncertain terms that they would never ever ever want to be within miles of me, my family or anyone I know, nor dare utter my name ever again :CUSSING: :CUSSING:

If they thought I was "possessed' before I'd leave them without any doubt :wink2: and that they damn well better stay the f%#k away from me and my family.

F&^K THEM

Im generally very low key and relaxed but no one, no one, no one messes with family or ESPECIALLY children.

Be done with them and never give that crap from that useless piece of sh!t another thought. Whoever sent it to you, I do know one thing for SURE--it came from a complete and utter waste of a human being.....

best of luck with your daughter, I know that at least you will be in MY prayers

Edited by mstar1

Wow, that's the most concentrated - guilt laden, load of Bulls#!t, fear-mongering I've heard in a while...

You just have to remember how much love it takes to be an A$$#ole, especially from people who haven't spared much thought for you ever since your husband died.

I have to imagine God putting His head in His hands and doing that Lurch thing,.... Ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooh............

Like you, I'd consider that person a sounding brass, or a tinkling symbol,... and just move ahead.

God knows dear, God knows....

I WANT TO tell a short story here,...

On Jan 07 2007, my fiancee died. I was there. then on the 12th of the same month my mother died. I've lost 4 good friends since then, and last September my father passed away. I arranged the funerals, all except my fiancee's.

At the last one, my father's, which was a wake, a fellow I've known for many years came up to me and said. Katie,... you're just the kiss of death to your friends and family.

My eyes opened widely and I stared at him and smiled, saying, "Hey, you're my new best friend!"

• Upvote 2

Shell - You know you have my full support always in everything. If/when you want to confirm who sent that nonsense I'm sure we have the resources to trace that email. But as you said, I believe you know exactly who sent it.

I'm excitedly praying for the EEG you're going after today. I'm thankful that despite how hard they've tried and obviously continue trying yet today in 2010 to steall our peace and our confidence in God and Jesus, we are able to remain strong and believe what we choose to.

I can't imagine having to answer to Jesus for this one!

God bless you and Kelly, my friend.

I WANT TO tell a short story here,...

On Jan 07 2007, my fiancee died. I was there. then on the 12th of the same month my mother died. I've lost 4 good friends since then, and last September my father passed away. I arranged the funerals, all except my fiancee's.

At the last one, my father's, which was a wake, a fellow I've known for many years came up to me and said. Katie,... you're just the kiss of death to your friends and family.

My eyes opened widely and I stared at him and smiled, saying, "Hey, you're my new best friend!"

Gen 2 - I'm sorry for your huge losses. I'm delighted with your spunk and sense of humor. I'm so glad you're here! (((Gen 2)))

(((((Shell)))))

What mstar1 said...doubled. What unbelievable hatred that person has.

Hey, sad ones that feel the need to write such notes:

:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5 For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

and this:

But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother [or sister] have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
Edited by Twinky

Shellon---as I sit in prayer for you and your daughter, I see God's hand lay upon her head with the command, "She is my child, and I have imparted perfection in her heart, mind, and spirit. Nothing on the earth controls what is mine."

Breathe deeply and be in peace; you and yours are bathed in love and prayer through your brothers and sisters in Christ!

Love, Rejoice

Edited by Rejoice

OMG!! Shell, I am so sorry for what you've endured in the past & what you are enduring now.

I second what everybody else said.

The fear that the way international propounded & obviously continues to propound is so against the BIBLE. The only consolation that I have is that they are gonna answer for this someday!! God bless you & Kelly. Keep telling your story.

Gen-2, I loved your reply.

I LOVED the ending to the letter...."God Bless you abundantly in Jesus Christ's most powerful name". I wonder if this was said to the "witches" in Salem before they were executed? Nothing incites the faithful of a religion quite so much as when another leaves it.

sudo

Shellon,

So sorry to hear about this. Such a crazy e-mail to send to someone who is going through some things and needs the support of people. I can remember myself being in that frame of mentality, that if you left you were in "left field", or terrible things would happen to you if you would leave the protection of TWI.......Fortunately, for me, I found all of it to be Hogwash after I got out. Did I have some things that came up? Sure I did...and the silly thing I did, was at first, I feared perhaps they were right, but I can tell you today my life has never been as good as it is right now. Never...I'm truly blessed with so many people and good things in my life. And blessed to know what is healthy behavior and thinking today. I wouldn't change any of my life right now.

There is really Some unhealthy thinking and behavior attached to all of that in that note they sent to you. I know you and you are able to sift through all the crap and sort it out...and thank God you can.

One day perhaps they will come to realize what they have done to others in way of words and actions...until then, we move forward with the blessings and protection of a loving God, no matter what they think~!

Yeah, mstar when I used the word "charm" it by no means charming. I'm used to this kind of shi+ and I will deal with it. And nothing about that will be in any way polite or quiet.

My point in sharing it was to point out, again, their guile and abusive guilt puked on anyone not bowing to their crap anymore.

This isn't the first such letter, to me or others and it'll be dealt with, oh hell yes indeed.

It really doesn't make me as mad today as much as I find it just so silly, really.

TWI or anyone can not budge me from my care of my child, now or ever, period. Not their guilt trips, condemnation, nothing they can do/say/think/offer/accuse.

Bucha meanies trying to scare a mama, the end. Doesn't work. As I said, I expected some of their nonsense and gave it great time and thought first.

Silly is what they are. I no more consider for a second my child possessed or me or her sister or possession causing their fathers death. She's sick with an illness, her sister was a rotten teenager and their dad died of heart disease, the end.

No

And Katie... excellent response ! My girls and I giggle often, shake our heads frequently and sigh sometimes at the stupid stuff people say during times of crisis or loss like that and remember our responses or what we wish we'd said. dry.gif

Edited by Shellon

There is still forgiveness for you that will then give you the benefit of healing for your daughter. I regret that I can not reveal myself to you but can only speak for the one truth and trust you will remember what you were taught in Dr. Wierwille's PFAL Class and beyond and come to your senses. Don't you think you have to in order that your child lives? Remember your husband

Come back to TWi, you make such a good punchbag, we can really give you a good kicking then.

Oh, and if your daughter doesn't get the benefit of healing, it's still your fault and we will kick you some more for that.

.....Yeah, right......

All the best for you and both your daughters, Shell.

Edited by Twinky

Some people are just sick. But there is also no such thing as an anonymous e-mail if you want to track it. There are headers and tracers for every step an e-mail takes on the iternet. I don't know all of the steps needed to find the information, it can be done. Even if they are using an account with a fake name on the account there is information attched that can track the e-mail back to the ip address of the computer used to send it.

unholy crap Shellon, I mean the E-mail.

If I ever get the chance to tell anybody that unloads cruel, mean, deluded, and insane b.s. like that I hope I feel up for it in the moment.

I'm glad you are doing ok with it though.

Some people are just sick. But there is also no such thing as an anonymous e-mail if you want to track it. There are headers and tracers for every step an e-mail takes on the iternet. I don't know all of the steps needed to find the information, it can be done. Even if they are using an account with a fake name on the account there is information attched that can track the e-mail back to the ip address of the computer used to send it.

Yes and I am mostly aware of who it came from. Reality is it could have been any TWI faithful and we're not unfamiliar to this stuff.

I've got the IP address, etc. and will deal with them. I just wanted us to look at that brutality that still exists and for me, at least, it's a great reminder that I'm outa there, my daughters are safe and we are well.

...whoa

What is amazing is that when you're "outside the household" bad stuff happens because you're, well, "outside of the household", see, I told you you'd be a grease spot by midnight! But when bad stuff happens to the innies, then it's a different story. Like the good things that happen to wayfers is proof of how God is blessing them, but when it happens to us "copouts"...it must be the adversary prospering us.

It sounds like you're not letting it get to you; you're not under their authority any more; there's nothing they can do to you...you walked away from the guilt and condemnation.

Nah and I think it would get to me a little bit, as in infuriate me, if I didn't have my heart and brain full of figuring out what is wrong with my child. Anyone who has ever had a sick child knows how all consuming it can be and the fire and drive it takes to fight to answers.

I don't have the attention and time and desire to give to liars.

I knew, full on, when I took my girls and left TWI, this would be the shi+ that would be thrown at us; anyone who makes that choice is aware of their game to keep ya.

It's what they do and it doesn't work and it's pathetic and sad. But they do it.

My life would be quieter if I didn't tell our personal and often very private story here and I am re-thinking that. Anyone's concern would, naturally, be for the safety and protection of their children as well as the peace and healthiness of their home. I am no exception to that, even while understanding what I was doing by finally wanting to tell my story, or ask for prayer for my daughter and be so specific about it.

Plenty of TWI folks stay encased in PFAL, remembering about that poor little child who was killed and the mama blamed story, the condemnation piled on top of other guilt and fear and self loathing 'cuz they didn't do this or that or the other thing right, no matter how many times they did it right.

The things that get to me where accusations and/or guilt are concerned are where they can, indeed, do harm to my child if they're true. All others, like this crap, nope.

While I - no doubt - would be infuriated by such a POS email, just look at what the sender has to endure. They have to spend their LIFE walking around with their head stuffed full of the lukewarm dogchit that passes for Wayfer Theology. Now THERE'S a pathetic life.

Wishing the best for you and yours Shellon...

Shell, your story is brave and inspirational. It would be sad if you feel unable to share it because I'm sure what you have said has helped others to realize "it's not just them" and what has happened to them is part of a pattern. Stories like yours, and those of other women here at the Cafe, have been immensely healing to me in understanding what was done to me.

But what you share should never be at the expense of your loved ones. Those real live flesh and blood women are more important than your cyber-friends. I know you'll do whatever is right to protect them.

(((((Shell)))))

While I - no doubt - would be infuriated by such a POS email, just look at what the sender has to endure. They have to spend their LIFE walking around with their head stuffed full of the lukewarm dogchit that passes for Wayfer Theology. Now THERE'S a pathetic life.

Amen, George, it is a sad and I know I don't miss it.

While they won't pray for me and my babies unless I return to the protection of the household, I'll continue to pray for them and their family for safety out of that mess.

Yeah, I'll turn the other cheek, no problem mooner.gif But I'll keep 'em in my prayers.

Edited by Shellon