GreaseSpot Cafe

Rome City Campus Haunted

Belle

This popped up on my TWI alerts..... I know the building is old, but don't recall hearing any haunting stories, especially nothing about a wall bleeding oil.....

Here's the link and the Rome City / TWI information is about halfway down with pictures.

Anyone have any stories, experiences or whatnot while you were there?

• Upvote 1

Yes, I saw those pics. That's obviously a greasespot leaking out of the wall. Belle, you should write them and tell them that it's most likely to happen "by Midnight" <<snicker>>

Edited to correct a typo

Edited by Gen-2

When I was there for a short stint, my job dept. was in the depths of the basement (upholstery shop). Sometimes I'd go there after a class to finish something up or work on something. There quite a few times late at night - it was just creepy. You felt like something was there - watching. I eventually quit going there at night. It was just a vibe. I still believe there are places spirits like hanging out, maybe something happened in a place once, or, I don't know. I don't believe in dead people haunting things or being ghosts, but sometimes, there are some places, things or people that give off a "vibe" and not a pleasant one.

To me, all of Rome City gave off an old, unpleasant vibe - it just wasn't right. That's the only way I can explain it. Many people love it and have fond memories, but I was glad to be out of there. I never liked it. It reminded me of an old, smelly, bedridden old person that we spruced up. Strange mind pic, I know, but that's what it reminded me of.

• Upvote 2

I worked there for a week after they moved the FC to Gunnison. I had a creepy feeling there as well. I walked every floor and explored the place. I felt watched too.

The place I really HATED was the basement where they kept cleaning supplies. There was a dark corner with no light. I couldn't get out of that area quick enough.

I was only there a couple of times, but, I recall there were mineral springs on the property. They gave off foul smelling gases. The sense of smell has a way of stirring up old memories and emotions, even on a subconscious level. Perhaps these odors triggered a response to some unpleasant occurrences in the past.

Edited by waysider
  • Upvote 1

Here's something else to consider.

When the previous owners vacated the property, they left much of their work in it's current state. For instance, the first time I was there, there was a room or rooms full of herbs and teas that were being hung to dry. It gave the impression that the workers had not finished and were planning to return. Things like that can play tricks on the sub-conscious.

(Yes, I know Wierwille taught that the sub-conscious does not exist.)

I had read before about people seeing visions of the Virgin Mary on the grounds. "Our Lady of America?"

Didn't see any apparitions or purple mist or anything my two unhappy all nighters as a bless patrol victim, just some owls and bats and such. But it is a very spooky place, especially out around uncle Harry hill.

Any screams in the basement and dark corners were probably just the children of the FWC getting their daily thrashings. That happened a lot.

The number on the door to Sister Mary's oil-bleeding room is 240; does anyone remember where that was? I thought they used every room on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the main building for dorm rooms when we were there.

WG

Edited by Watered Garden

I heard stories from my former section coordinator that there were orgies, wife swapping, and other merry happenings out there. I guess no one operated discerning of spirits to clean the place out....oh wait...when it was sold it was empty, swept, and garnished...ok that was lame, I just couldn't resist. :biglaugh:

you get it ?? ...empty...swept...oh ok, you get it... :wave::anim-smile:

I heard stories from my former section coordinator that there were orgies, wife swapping, and other merry happenings out there. I guess no one operated discerning of spirits to clean the place out....oh wait...when it was sold it was empty, swept, and garnished...ok that was lame, I just couldn't resist. :biglaugh:

you get it ?? ...empty...swept...oh ok, you get it... :wave::anim-smile:

Actually, it wasn't swept, cleaned, etc. (in the physical sense) when The Way took occupancy. We went there with Fellow Laborers to do cleaning and scrubbing. It was like the ancient city of Pompei, where people fled in mid-meal to escape the oncoming fury of an erupting Vesuvius. I remember the pond being completely neglected and overrun with thousands and thousands of Painted Turtles.

Edited by waysider

Yes, I saw those pics. That's obviously a greasespot leaking out of the wall. Belle, you should write them and tell them that it's most likely to happen "by Midnight" <<snicker>>

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Thanks! I needed that today!

Y'all are cracking me up. I wouldn't be surprised if people had experiences of one kind or another there. It was, what, a convent? Then a sanitarium - but not the kind for crazy people - just for healing with the water treatment being the most sought after, right? Then taken over by TWI? I don't recall the whole history.

Alls I remember about my time there is craiggers screaming and being so friggin' tired all the time that I could barely keep my eyes open. Mother Mary could've stood in front of me and told me to get the heck outta there and I wouldn't have heard her.

Actually, it wasn't swept, cleaned, etc. (in the physical sense) when The Way took occupancy. We went there with Fellow Laborers to do cleaning and scrubbing. It was like the ancient city of Pompei, where people fled in mid-meal to escape the oncoming fury of an erupting Vesuvius. I remember the pond being completely neglected and overrun with thousands and thousands of Painted Turtles.

Oh my, that's just poor stewardship and a lousy witness....lmao!

That building in Rome City is one creepy-azz-looking place.

BTW, I'm continually impressed at the size of the empire TWI built up over the years. I've seen pictures of headquaters and it looks almost like a legitimate college.

Sorry, that was mean. I was never in TWI so I shouldn't talk.

Although...the organizaion did rob me of the love of my life. Twice. That's just my perception of it, though. I could be wrong.

Maybe TWI was the reason I was ever lucky enough to enjoy her in the first place. Who knows?

I certainly wouldn't be reading the bible if it wasn't for her. That's for sure. But I digress...

At any rate, the fact that there are still members in the UK, New Zealand and Australia is noteworthy, I think.

Soul Searcher,

I think it's important to note that at one time TWI was full of very zealous hippie, Jesus-Lovin', God is Great, Love is All We Need" kinda folks. They were gentle, kind, genuinely loving and sincere in their want to help folks. :)

When you have folks with genuinely good, sincere intentions and loads of integrity, you have the foundation for a great organization. Unfortunately, TWI, especially vee pee, craiggers and their cronies, who exploit the good nature and holy intentions of others. That's the beginning of the corrosion of TWI and facilitated the destruction of individual lives.

Depending on the leadership of those wholesome, genuine folks --- some were protected and ignorant of the abuses going on - others were mind-warped ever so slowly into justifying the abusive practices and abused themselves.... even more were fed by the greed monster of what they could gain by "selling out" and getting others to "buy in" to the b.s.

I, myself, don't know where to draw the line. *shrug* I wanted to help folks, but looking back, I turned some "newbies" into the most controlling, emotional blackmailing aresholes there are.... I regret it to this day. At the time, I thought I was doing the right thing and that these were folks I just wasn't "mature enough" to handle. Looking back... they were instrumental in planting those seeds of doubt for me and - in essence - helped me more than I helped them. :)

Blue for the blue I feel when I'm feelin down on the ground

Feelin' down

That could be most any day

Green for the eyes, take look around

When the sun goes down and the sun goes down

In the strangest way

Red for the light, got to stop this thing

Find a song to sing that is everything

That I meant to say

Meant to say

To me, all of Rome City gave off an old, unpleasant vibe - it just wasn't right. That's the only way I can explain it. Many people love it and have fond memories, but I was glad to be out of there. I never liked it. It reminded me of an old, smelly, bedridden old person that we spruced up. Strange mind pic, I know, but that's what it reminded me of.

...I agree...I was at Rome City for about 4 months and it was definitely creepy. There was a huge attic that I would sneak up to in order to "get away"...it had a weird vibe to it...in fact, the whole place had a weird vibe to it...ghosts?...maybe so...at the time I thought it was due to Bob and Dottie.

If rome city had to be casted in a horror film, what would anyone choose? The overlook hotel in the shining, the amintyville horror, the last house on the left. the ledgen on hell house, what would fit? Mabey someone better call the ghostbusters?biglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gif !

I did know there was somewhere under a building where they stored onions and potatoes, but I never knew about all the tunnels. How awful and strange. I was creeped out by the cameras mounted about the balcony aimed at the stage where the head honcho could watch the goings on; I thought that was pretty voyeuristic. Little did I know then...

Gives me cold chills to think about it...

WG