GreaseSpot Cafe

A Group on Facebook

cheranne

Saw this today and it actually made me feel sick! Lots of pictures of Dr.Fat Rat.

All I can think about is the book "Losing The Way" mad2.gif

Does anyone know who is the administrator of this FB group?

Does anyone know who is the administrator of this FB group?

Suzie Vandergrift Bliss

Thomas Henry Smith

Chia Mandry

Jay Dennis (creator)

The entire facebook profile is about Wierwille. Don't eat lunch yet and check it out your own self. I've already had my hands slapped for not agreeing w/ them and my posts deleted. That's ok, probably will do it again.

Edited by Shellon

Well, I went and looked at all the members. That little stroll down memory lane has given me a bowel complaint. :(

Saw one girl who attends the high school my son graduated from (don't know her, he graduated in 2001), a couple of fellow fellowlaborers, couple of former limb leaders and whoopy-do important people, etc.

Saw a boatload of folks stuck on stupid.

I will never again get myself into a situation where a human being is placed above Christ in veneration and attention. THANK YOU GOD for getting me out of that freakin' mess!

Edited by Watered Garden
  • Upvote 2

I read a couple of the comments. same old vpw-worshippers but at least I saw a little dissent going on. some people still know how to think. the majority seem to be unaware that vpw was teaching stuff put together by other people.

We need a Greasespot Cafe presence on FB!!! Really!!!

Cold chills came all over me when I saw that page. I had to look. It only took a couple of minutes and I quickly left the page.

I am so thankful for GS and Waydale opening my eyes to the REAL THE WAY INTERNATIONAL. I feel sorry for most of the peons. I was one once. I truly believed that this was the one and only true ministry. I make myself remember what I told my sister when she told me about Martindale. Remember, I had been out of The Way for a number of years. I told her it was a trick of the adversary!!!! My heart goes out to these people who have spent their entire adult lives (some longer) in twi. They were and are tricked just like I was once.

Shell, I thought about joining and putting my thoughts there. Thanks for saving me the hassle!!!

Waysider, I think you have to be on facebook. If you are, you just go to your profile and click on groups and then go to search and type in Victor Paul Wierwille.

If you get this you will be shocked at a couple names/faces from those good old days of yesteryear; you'll want to barf up your Swiss chard!

WG

Edited by Watered Garden

Yeah... I skimmed those who have joined that group... didn't know most of them but one face in particular jumped out at me from my past... not a pleasant experience!

Kinda sad to think that folks who no longer attach themselves to twi still spout its doctrine and catch-phrases and blather on about the abundant life and our father in the word... wow.

Makes me so glad I have moved on from that mind-space.

• Upvote 1

I visited the site. "Father" this and "Dad" that. Creepy

Are these people simply unaware that Wierwille was a serial rapist? Or do they know and not care? Do they know he openly claimed to have fondled his own teen-aged daughter? Are they aware of his cause of death and the terrible credibility dilemma it invokes? I don't think I'll be joining any time soon.

• Upvote 1

500+ members..

and a LOT of names I know. No, I won't join anytime soon..

some of them so young. I didn't look far enough to see if v2p2 was there.. probably I would imagine..

all the other relatives are..

or at least "most".. and even one I would not have counted on..

I glanced at "the wall."

If there was an original thought there, I didn't see it.

I saw an amazing amount of quotes and buzz phrases from twi.

It looked like there was a contest for some sort of twi cliche festival

and nobody announced the winner.

Then again, if they believe that, none of them actually wins....

Here's a strange one linked from Bri*n Bl*ss's page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SIT-Speaking-in-Tongues/140753044222

LOL

My friend, told me of fellowships she attended where a roomful of people would all be speaking in tongues at once. The thought of that really creeped me out.

Hmmmmm-----That's a "no-no" in TWI. It's always supposed to be "decent and in order", one at a time.

(Except "excellor sessions" which, of course, didn't have to follow any steeeenking rules.)

Hmmmmm-----That's a "no-no" in TWI. It's always supposed to be "decent and in order", one at a time.

(Except "excellor sessions" which, of course, didn't have to follow any steeeenking rules.)

No, no. It wasn't a TWI fellowship. It was some other church. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Another thing she told me freaked me out was that she and her family would settle down in the living room after dinner and SIT and interpret for each other. (I'm sure her kids learned a long time ago what sounds to make to please their mother.)

And I thought homework was a hassle. LOL

No, no. It wasn't a TWI fellowship. It was some other church. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Another thing she told me freaked me out was that she and her family would settle down in the living room after dinner and SIT and interpret for each other. (I'm sure her kids learned a long time ago what sounds to make to please their mother.)

And I thought homework was a hassle. LOL

Exceller (sp?) sessions are alive and well, eh? spy.gif

Exceller (sp?) sessions are alive and well, eh? spy.gif

Her kids are getting into their late teens. I don't know how much longer she can keep these "SIT/interpreting" sessions going.

I'd love to know how her kids feel about it but I probably never will.