GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Corpse popping up on facebook

JavaJane

Hello... haven't been around in a while, but been having the old creepy ugliness from my time in twi popping back into my mind, and I always seem to show up here to work them out. Guess since I haven't been around in a year or so, my recovery is doing well.

But, I have Way Corpse coming out of the freaking woodwork at me on facebook. Not so cool. And some of them with little messages like "Us believers need to stick together!" Ugh. They probably just don't realize I'm not involved and NEVER will be involved with their insanity again. I am still friends with some people on the inside, and I am sure that is how they are finding me. I started having the sneaking suspicion that they were there to spy on people the first one I got, but now I am convinced that is what is happening. I mean, for such a techno-internet-phobic organization, these brainwashed f***s must have been TOLD to get on there.

Can't have those little believers out there socializing on an unsupervised level, you know!! Bless their little hearts!

Saddest thing is that the whole thing is giving me terrible nightmares about the bad old days when I was involved. Guess I'm not cured yet!

Anyone else seeing this?

Hello... haven't been around in a while, but been having the old creepy ugliness from my time in twi popping back into my mind, and I always seem to show up here to work them out. Guess since I haven't been around in a year or so, my recovery is doing well.

But, I have Way Corpse coming out of the freaking woodwork at me on facebook. Not so cool. And some of them with little messages like "Us believers need to stick together!" Ugh. They probably just don't realize I'm not involved and NEVER will be involved with their insanity again. I am still friends with some people on the inside, and I am sure that is how they are finding me. I started having the sneaking suspicion that they were there to spy on people the first one I got, but now I am convinced that is what is happening. I mean, for such a techno-internet-phobic organization, these brainwashed f***s must have been TOLD to get on there.

Can't have those little believers out there socializing on an unsupervised level, you know!! Bless their little hearts!

Saddest thing is that the whole thing is giving me terrible nightmares about the bad old days when I was involved. Guess I'm not cured yet!

Anyone else seeing this?

I haven't exactly looked them up.. maybe the answer is "no". Of course, I've been too busy to even watch the nightly news..

who in particular? Of course with the customary blockage with random characters if they aren't or weren't twi board members?

Oh.. good to see you again at the cafe, mrs. coffee..

:biglaugh:

Oh.. good to see you again at the cafe, mrs. coffee..

biglaugh.gif

Always good to see you, Ham!! Been busy with our mini-coffee girl lately. Nothing to get your mind off of your involvement with a cult than a toddler who has a warp drive!

Hmmm.... no one important - they were all people who knew me or my man back in the day. Limb leaders and such - minor leadership... If Rosie sent me a friend request, I would probably accept it just be a jerk.

It seems like the twi-ers out there on facebook are just the most boring people you could know as far as social networking. No interesting status updates, and all are so fake happy. Not that happy is bad, but come on, people!! Your days are not perfect. I know. I used to be there. But I also remember that feeling that I needed to keep up appearances - PARANOID. (Not that I am much better... you live with it for a while in way-land and it just becomes ingrained in you to trust no one. Especially if they have any religious background to them. I do much better these days with agnostics and atheists even though I still consider myself Christian.

But I digress.

Maybe I am just paranoid... Maybe the Way let up on the whole "NO INTERNET" thingie. Maybe the WC are just on there to pray for me and make me feel happy.

I'd rather they just got lost....

Man, I wish facebook had a "hide" button for all twi leardership. That would be awesome.

Man, I wish facebook had a "hide" button for all twi leardership. That would be awesome.

Actually, it does. It's called "unfriending" someone. It works fabulously, like a can of Raid on an ant trail. Or for friend requests, it's "deny".

But I know what you mean. Seeing all those mugs and their fake words raises my ire.

posted by: JavaJane, on 22 April 2010 - 08:35 PM, said:

Actually, it does. It's called "unfriending" someone. It works fabulously, like a can of Raid on an ant trail. Or for friend requests, it's "deny".

But I know what you mean. Seeing all those mugs and their fake words raises my ire.

The Jehovah's Witnesses have a word for this - - - It's "disfellowshipped".

TWI also has a word for this - - - It's "Mark and Avoid".

Chockfull is correct. You are enabled to do whatever you can to get rid of the leeches.

The "tools" are in place. Use them at will. Df/ or M&A those that "torment" you. cool.gif

Edited by dmiller

I went through and "culled the herd" last night - got rid of some twi lurkers.... and I haven't accepted any of the WC requests. Yucko! Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

NO NIGHTMARES LAST NIGHT for the first night in a week! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif I had such a terrible experience with "marking and avoiding" my immediate family, I sometimes have a hard time doing the same thing to anyone else, even if they are in der veg! However, I think I am glad I did it as far as facebook goes.